Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • What do you use them for?
  • What do you use them on (Android phone, iPhone, Mac, Web-Based, Windows, Linux, Refrigerator, etc)
  • Where and why do you use them?

Links to apps, walk-throughs or reviews for them would be good.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Ista... if I ever get married or score a buyout from an angel investor or private equity, will you be my advisor / planner?

thank you much.

on topic, however, in windows environment, there are three pieces of software i cannot live without:

- broken x disk manager ; this is a cataloging software that tosses all the initial filename, size, date, etc metadata into a searchable database ... kinda like an offline file browser without plugging in the media or medium to sift through

- tag & rename ; this nifty app lets me tag and rename en masse all the music libraries and mp3s i have without having to do them each manually

- textpad ; because all other text editors packed with any version of windows are shitty and plain sucks.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
-Spotify - Music - Windows
Allows me to specify which song I want to listen to as opposed to Pandora.

-Pandora - Music - Any system
Plays endlessly (and because I bought One), without commercials.

-Ubuntu One - Ubuntu/Android - Allows me to back things up to the internet from my Netbook.

-Teamviewer - All - If I am at school and realized I forgot to print off or copy the right document to turn in, I usually can use this to connect to my computer from home (on my phone) and email it straight to the teacher (or myself). From a computer, I can transfer it directly to that computer. Pretty handy. (An alternative is ssh with X11 forwarding enabled if you use Linux (even though there is a version for Linux))

Notepad++ - For Windows, this thing literally supports formatting for just about ANY programming language. It is insane. If I need to write fast code, I whip it out, throw in the script, save it, compile it, and pray there are no errors.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ista... if I ever get married or score a buyout from an angel investor or private equity, will you be my advisor / planner?

thank you much.
It's interesting how you put these two things in the same sentence. Buyout, yes. Married, (predictably) no. ;) (Imagine bridesmaids dresses from ebay) Although I'm thinking - it might be a good experiment, to see if a whole wedding can be planned online.

Reactions: qingdom

·
Registered
820 Posts
Teamviewer by far.

CMD (or Powershell) or a terminal session, 'cause only n00bz use a GUI.. :p

Filezilla FTP server (I shouldn't need to explain this one)

Chrome

Peerblock

Utorrent

A giant ass hard drive

yarr, you see where I be goin' with this...

;)

x01660

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gnu/Linux with KDE here

• Yakuake - terminal emulator: I just love how it slides into the screeen from above.
  • Nepomuk - A semantic desktop organized through ontologies? I don't need to tell you why this is a cool project.
  • Whenjobs - the better cron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts