Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally cannot stand Sensors. If I ever have the motivation to share my ideology, and present a perfectly logically viable theory, I receive a blank stare accompanied by a futile attempt to bring me 'back down to Earth' because theres inherently 'not enough time to worry' about these 'complex things'. Additionally, they tend to conform too much for my liking. Which letter of the MBTI frustrates you the most and why?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I personally cannot stand Sensors. If I ever have the motivation to share my ideology, and present a perfectly logically viable theory, I receive a blank stare accompanied by a futile attempt to bring me 'back down to Earth' because theres inherently 'not enough time to worry' about these 'complex things'. Additionally, they tend to conform too much for my liking. Which letter of the MBTI frustrates you the most and why?
Well, I have difficulty communicating with sensors too. The "N" is the important trait to me. I can't say I have any real issue with them, I just don't seem to relate at all. The only times I get irked are when ESFx women glom onto me, and just can't seem to accept the fact I'm not interested in them.

I do suspect that the N/S difference is brainwave oriented, though. Sensors may be more tuned to Beta waves, while intuitives are more inclined to Alpha and Theta wavelengths.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I more often than not lose patience with Perceivers, especially with their seeming indecision and hesitation. I often feel like that things are always "paused" with them, and I'm just waiting on them to make up their mind and hit the "play" button. I actually take a GOOD amount of time to make a decision -- I always take time to weigh various aspects, I rarely act on my impulses, and I hate being rushed into decision making. So I will always take time before hitting the "play" button although my gut instincts will tell me that anyway. However, with many Perceivers, I have observed that because they take too long to make a decision, instead of going for the "play" button, they do something else, like hitting the stop button, then rewind, then something else, and then eventually, down the line, a long time afterwards, they'll hit "play." And it baffles me why they didn't go for the play button in the first place (sorry if this analogy isn't very clear).

Don't get me wrong though. I've learned a LOT from mature, well balanced Perceivers. (probably because their information gathering/decision making process has been well developed).

I get along okay with sensors, but sometimes I am very conscious of the fact that THEY are very conscious of ME, lol, if that makes sense. I guess with other "Ns", we can sort of be in our own heads, but with Sensors, I always strongly feel their presence and especially their gaze, that indicates that I'm the only one in my head while they are firmly rooted in reality.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I am also overwhelmed by extroverted feelers (too intense/too much drama for me!) As an INFJ, I tend to be aloof and keep VERY much to myself. Emotions I feel are usually kept inside, but definitely not the case with ExFx's , at least the ones I know lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The F, the feelers. Thing is, once they get worked up about something, and they start pouring that torrent of emotions on me, I really have no idea what to do. Won't listen to reason. And it will just keep going. Of course, other T-types, such as STs, can be a handful, but at least they listen to reason, or you can politely excuse yourself from the situation.

On the other hand, the F is also the trait I like best, but that was not the question :laughing:

·
Registered
INFP
1,035 Posts
I also might have bit of problem talking to people who are S and explaining them my point of view. Stuff are pretty damn clear in my mind but I have to point every string so they can follow the shoelace path home. I had an interview last week with an SJ woman, god was I ever annoyed. She was asking about every details. I think we went throughout my curriculum day by day for the last 7 years. I was about to jump over the desk to strangle her. It felt like I was at an inquisition trial or something..

Most of the time I have problem with indecision of the Ps as well. I'm already an hard person to deal with, I dont want to push over my idea. I think force feeding people with idea they wont like to do isn't a proper solution. But if they wont choose for themselves what am I suppose to do..

I dont really have problem with F in general, as long as they aren't over the top feelers. I can pay attention to what people say and try to give feedback. I wont relate 100% and I wont be able to be super empathic but I can make an effort. I should try to ask "how do you feel about this _____ issue?" more often though. I'm always going with the "what do you think about _____ this?" instead and it seams it doesn't yield good enough results. I should be more attentive to differences..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts