Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which BIG 5/ Global 5/ OCEAN / SLOAN/ SLOAN plus type are you?
1) Do you think, that your SLOAN type is in accord with your MBTI type (in case both are confirmed and not just based on guessing or Keirsey reading). Or here are aspect in SLOAN which seems to contradict your MBTI type?
2) Do you think, that your SLOAN type is in accord with enneagram?
Big 5, OCEAN, SLOAN are measuring same traits. Its 5 independent dimensions of human behavior and any other behavior or personality trait is supposed to be derived from this five independent features.
With MBTI is BIG 5 in semi-correlation for 4 dimensions, but MBTI doesnt measure Emotional stability/ Neuroticism.
Big five are: Openness, Concsientiousness, Extraversion, Agreedableness, Neuroticism
Or in other form its expressed like: Extraversion, Emotional stability, Orderliness, Accomodation, Inquisitiveness
Difference between SLOAN and SLOAN plus is that in the second version is more exact (SLOAN is giving 32 types, while SLOAN plus is more specific about how much are dimensions marked).
For example SLOAN result could be SCUAI or SCUEI, if is someone 50% on Accomodation and SLOAN plus for the same person is S/C/uxI….primary Calm.
Its like: Big letter…….moderate to hight tendency, /?/…..your primary type, small letter….slight to moderate percentage, x…….average (50%, could have marked tendencies of both or really be directly on 50% for everything connected with x))
For ppl who arent officially tested, but interested, is possible to do test for example at www.similarminds.com or at any other site which you like best. BTW: BIG 5 or SLOAN description doesnt tend to be much flattering in general, so if you think you would end up better like other type, you are might wrong.
I posted this also at ESTP forum: Im curious about other Inquisitive beasts:happy:

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
As in my signature: SLOAN xcUE|I|, primarily Inquisitive (aka Openness in Big 5).

From similarminds:

Inqusitive
more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, detaches to analyze factors from multiple perspectives, regularly uses ideas and tools to transform understanding, enjoys playing with random interconnections between ideas and patterns, would describe self as a nerd in high school, likes science fiction, introspective, good at fixing things, more comfortable around adults as a child, feels both special and defective, knows the darkside of life well, is not bothered by going long periods without speaking with people, more intellectual than sensual, can be bitter, problem solver, relies on mind more than on others, driven by curiosity, feels best when working, minimalist

Since I'm somewhere between Social and Reserved, I took the SCUEI and RCUEI descriptions and listed traits that appear in both (surprisingly enough, there aren't many):
- acts without planning
- atheist/agnostic tendencies
- calm in crisis
- not a perfectionist
- not easily moved to tears
- prefers unpredictable to organized

Reactions: Nessie

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
Global 5: sloan RCUEI; sloan+ rcux|i|; primary Inquisitive; R(54%)C(54%)U(58%)X(50%)I(62%)

Meh. I don't understand how I got that result - I plainly answered 'Strongly Agree' to things like 'Put the needs of others before your own' etc and it spits out a result telling me I'm a self centred asshat.

Shit test is shit.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Global 5: sloan RCUEI; sloan+ rcux|i|; primary Inquisitive; R(54%)C(54%)U(58%)X(50%)I(62%)

Meh. I don't understand how I got that result - I plainly answered 'Strongly Agree' to things like 'Put the needs of others before your own' etc and it spits out a result telling me I'm a self centred asshat.

Shit test is shit.
pmj85, in fact your test result isnt that bad, I mean in case that you wouldnt like 98% altruism and martyr complex in addition. SLOAN plus is more exact and you got x (= 50:50). It doesnt make you look self centered asshat:wink:

Reactions: pmj85

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As in my signature: SLOAN xcUE|I|, primarily Inquisitive (aka Openness in Big 5).

From similarminds:

Inqusitive
more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, detaches to analyze factors from multiple perspectives, regularly uses ideas and tools to transform understanding, enjoys playing with random interconnections between ideas and patterns, would describe self as a nerd in high school, likes science fiction, introspective, good at fixing things, more comfortable around adults as a child, feels both special and defective, knows the darkside of life well, is not bothered by going long periods without speaking with people, more intellectual than sensual, can be bitter, problem solver, relies on mind more than on others, driven by curiosity, feels best when working, minimalist

Since I'm somewhere between Social and Reserved, I took the SCUEI and RCUEI descriptions and listed traits that appear in both (surprisingly enough, there aren't many):
- acts without planning
- atheist/agnostic tendencies
- calm in crisis
- not a perfectionist
- not easily moved to tears
- prefers unpredictable to organized
Mine happens to be S/C/uxI in Sloan plus, primary calm. For me it does look more like BIG 3 than BIG 5, because Im high In Extraversion, Calmness and Inquisitive.

Especially primary Calm entertained me, because Im sanguine and quite lively one. I guess its good luck for people around me, because in case of high neuroticism I clearly would opt for volatile (explosive) and not anxious version (I have low anxiety score but Im not immune against patience loss or short temper:blushed:).

Reactions: aconite

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Can someone explain something to me

I know SLOAN vs OCEAN
Social = Extraversion
and that
Neuroticsm = Limbic

But the rest, I'm not sure

is it that openness relates to Non-curious/Inquisitive , conscientiousness is to Orderliness , and agreeableness relates to Accommodation

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can someone explain something to me

I know SLOAN vs OCEAN
Social = Extraversion
and that
Neuroticsm = Limbic

But the rest, I'm not sure

is it that openness relates to Non-curious/Inquisitive , conscientiousness is to Orderliness , and agreeableness relates to Accommodation
@Vexed, more less.
Openess relates to curious/Inquisitive, N (non-inquisitive, non-intelectually open and small minded is oposite. Openess is openess to intelect, adventure, curiosity etc.)

The rest you got right. If you go to further details, traits decompose: consciousness is not only how neat you are, but also how hard working (Industrial) and more. I dont have time now to go to more details, I might copy something later.

Reactions: Vexed
1 - 8 of 8 Posts