Personality Cafe banner

Do you experience a deeper, stronger connection to lyrics/vocals or to instrumentals.

• Lyrics/vocals really touch my soul and express my feelings, I love that most about music

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Instrumentals really touch my soul and inspire my imagination, I love that most about music

Votes: 79 64.2%

• Total voters
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really can't vote on this as both are extremely important to me. I can enjoy a song with good instrumentals but mediocre lyrics, just not love it. Equally I can love the lyrics to a song but if the instrumentals are kinda bland then I lose interest. I need a solid combination of both, generally.
TOOOOTAAALLLYYY :D <3 ~ !

Please don't lump lyrics and vocals together. I love vocals; the human voice is one of the most beautiful musical instruments there is. Lyrics, on the other hand, I can do without.
True :3 I can keep listening to soundtrack music for hours xD But it really depends on the mood.

Mostly instruments and the music, but like someone said before, it REALLY depends on the artist/musician/racket makers in question.
Agree +_+ !!

------------------------

What captures me when I listen to songs is the emotion conveyed by the singer's voice RIGHT NOW (present tense, because it really depends on the mood) or how gentle/clear the voice sounds (hey! maybe i dowana listen to a husky voice for instant?!) and the instrumental background music. However, if someone's gona ask me which is more important, the voice or the instruments, i would say the instruments but sometimes the vocals are SO BAD I want them both to be balanced xD

In conclusion, I dont normally care about the lyrics BUT if i become engrossed into the song I can't help but google the lyrics x)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I love the emotion that is conveyed in the lyrics of certain songs.It depends on who is singing the song,there are a few artists who really stir my emotions when I hear their voices.K.D Langs version of 'Hallelujah' gets me everytime,and anything by Sara Mc Lachlan in particular.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Instrumentals for me

I like vocals but I can do without them

·
Registered
642 Posts
Both...Although a good instrumental (including a good voice) is necessary, good lyrics are the icing on the cake.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Instrumental/compositional aspects, easily. Good lyrics are a nice bonus, but they are not the core of the experience for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im glad to see that there are more instrumental lovers then there are *LOL FAIL RAP* lovers out there.

Sure you have a lot of great vocal artists, but if you can pull off a theme or song with nothing but sheer instruments then you are a true remixer/musical artist.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'm an instrumentist myself, so I might be biased, but generally some purely instrumental music sounds to me as poetry. Take, for instance, Rachmaninoff's 3rd piano concerto. It's like it is telling a story. No lyrics or voice are recquired for you to get the message. Sometimes I even catch myself thinking that I'd like to quote some part of it, for it expresses all that I'd like to express, and all with... pure music.

But I love sung music, as well.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Instrumentals, because I can easily tune out bad lyrics and not pay attention to them. I'll say something like "OMG THIS SONG DESCRIBES ME SO WELL" even though the lyrics aren't even remotely relevant to me, because I'm focused on the style and instrumental of the song.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Instrumentals, I connect the most with implied feeling - plus I play guitar and have a vocal range of 2 notes.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts