Personality Cafe banner

Which career category do you work in or interested in working in?

• Art & Design

Votes: 34 37.8%
  • Admin & Clerical

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Banking & Finance

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Construction

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Customer Service

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Education

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Engineering

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • General Labor

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Government

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Health Care

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Hospitality

• Human Resources

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Information Technology

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Legal

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Marketing

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Manufacturing & Retail

• Sales & Marketing

• Science & Biotech

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Social Services

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 22 24.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which career category do you work in or interested in working in?

Reactions: Grey

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I'm not sure how my current job fits in, but it would be wonderful to continue caregiving as a lifelong profession. I'd also be interested in anything having to do with art or music, but not as my main source of income. I want it to be something I do freely, whenever the inspiration hits, not because I feel obligated to force creativity when I'm not feeling it.

Right now, I'm about to start my second caregiving job after finding the first one extremely fulfilling. Having had sufficient time to mourn the death of my first client, I am finally ready to try again, and it seems like the ideal choice of careers for someone like me. It requires me to be responsible for someone else, but at the same time, all of my practical concerns are dealt with. I don't have to worry about paying rent somewhere, budgeting for groceries, worrying about bills, etc. All I have to do is cook, clean, provide companionship, make sure the woman doesn't fall when using her walker, and give her her pills on time. I get to be nurturing while still remaining comfortably dependent.

Reactions: Grey and Disciple

·
MOTM Aug 2010
1,412 Posts
I put healthcare and other. Most dietitians work in healthcare settings, but I am more interested in sports nutrition/personal training.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
You didn't put any choice for media/press/writer, so I choose other.

I work as a reporter for in-house magazines for big companies. I am also an editor, a copywriter, and a freelance novelist (though the last time I wrote any novel was 2 years ago. Since that, I'm too busy to write anything anymore). Generally, I'm a writer.

I love being a reporter, coz I have chances to go all over places, meet fantastic people, hearing awesome real life stories and wisdoms, join many interesting events and parties, and am able to do my favorite activity: writing. It's a fantastic job and I enjoy it very much. :proud:

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
I want to be a psychologist. I wasn't sure if that was health care or social services.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.