Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd be interested to hear about which functions (or types as a whole) are tiring for you. I think this would be helpful in determining compatibility for more intimate relationships. I'd appreciate it if you state your type as well if it isn't already under your username. I am aware that people may be mistyped as well as those who claim to be a certain type on purpose to gain information and/or skew data but it would be nice to see what can come of this poll regardless and I appreciate honest efforts.

I'm INFP and if I were to speculate, I'd say that Fe can leave me pretty drained since by definition it is a never ending stream of emotional expression due to being an extroverted function and runs counter to Fi's attempt to grasp an emotional consistency being an introverting function. Se would be another being my blindspot. Having to keep up with the immediate changing physical reality easily disorients me if it is too heavily stimulating.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have so much difficulty interacting with Si types.
Their need to maintain consistancy and an unwillingness to consider alternatives drives me crazy!

If I was to consider a 'full' type, it would be ISTJ as #1 and ISFP as #2.
The first is inflexible and the second is unrealistic.
Again, both drive me crazy!

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have so much difficulty interacting with Si types.
Their need to maintain consistancy and an unwillingness to consider alternatives drives me crazy!

If I was to consider a 'full' type, it would be ISTJ as #1 and ISFP as #2.
The first is inflexible and the second is unrealistic.
Again, both drive me crazy!
Thanks for the feedback! I can see how ISFP would be difficult since they are trying to hone in on one possibility for situations across time (Ni) and the conclusion is formulated by Fi. Your difficulty with Si may run accordingly as to why E-P types aren't so commonly in relationships with those who have their inferior function as a dominant function, as oppose to I-P and E-J pairings who benefit more from it due to their judging functions getting rounded out. I am speculating of course and encourage the opinions of others.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 459 sp=sx
419 Posts
Well, my weakest and the one I dislike the most is the function that’s is responsible for organizing my surroundings, structure ( I’m not sure exactly what function that is…I get te/se a little confuse, but weak in both, I know that much)
Like you I’m an infp

however, the one that drains me the most, might be surprising…it’s my Ne .
I may seem to others like I’m just sitting there, but to me my mind feels like I ran a marathon….using your mind is exhausting….trying to connect the pieces all time consuming….i get really mentally stimulated ( research and learning, doing art) but at the same time I’m physically exhausted. Sometimes I get so stimulated I can’t sleep, then I’m up for a few days and my mind wont shut off but my body is like please go to sleep, so “I“ can get some physical energy back.
it’s amazing how tired I get from just sitting/laying there daydreaming, thinking….also,art, example, when I draw I usually like to finish it in one day,keep with the flow, but I need a nap afterwards, once I’m done it’s like I have to crawl to my bed.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, my weakest and the one I dislike the most is the function that’s is responsible for organizing my surroundings, structure ( I’m not sure exactly what function that is…I get te/se a little confuse, but weak in both, I know that much)
Like you I’m an infp

however, the one that drains me the most, might be surprising…it’s my Ne .
I may seem to others like I’m just sitting there, but to me my mind feels like I ran a marathon….using your mind is exhausting….trying to connect the pieces all time consuming….i get really mentally stimulated ( research and learning, doing art) but at the same time I’m physically exhausted. Sometimes I get so stimulated I can’t sleep, then I’m up for a few days and my mind wont shut off but my body is like please go to sleep, so “I“ can get some physical energy back.
it’s amazing how tired I get from just sitting/laying there daydreaming, thinking….also,art, example, when I draw I usually like to finish it in one day,keep with the flow, but I need a nap afterwards, once I’m done it’s like I have to crawl to my bed.
Hey there, thanks for the contribution. I totally get the Ne thing, am also a 4w5 but that just means we're nothing special among INFPs lol. Secondary Ne is kind of on autopilot though.. like you said, your mind won't shut off. But it makes sense that using up so much mental energy will limit physical energy. One can't do both simultaneously which is why Ne and Se are opposites, however this only relates to information gathering.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
2,041 Posts
Nothing Nx or Tx related exhausts me, I crave for mental stimulation.
Unless it revolves around very personal/subjective idea/perspective that is largely irrelevant/useless/boring to me.

Mostly indifferent to S processes, exhausted when there is too much of them.

Feeling processes are usually "somewhere" and don't concern me. Can be uncomfortable/draining when they show up with certain exceptions.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing Nx or Tx related exhausts me, I crave for mental stimulation.
Unless it revolves around very personal/subjective idea/perspective that is largely irrelevant/useless/boring to me.

Mostly indifferent to S processes, exhausted when there is too much of them.

Feeling processes are usually "somewhere" and don't concern me. Can be uncomfortable/draining when they show up with certain exceptions.
Well said, and from my observations a lot of NTs enjoy the stimulation that they get from other NT types. Feeling types can indeed be too easily influenced by irrelevant data and can end up projecting emotions because of it.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Si - ordinary actions being done every day over and over the same way without havin a larger goal in mind while doing so is the most exhausting for me. Being under endless comfort and being confined to very specific actions and decisions with everything having the lowest stake it could possibly have and all already being fiured out for me and everyone else.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Si - ordinary actions being done every day over and over the same way without havin a larger goal in mind while doing so is the most exhausting for me. Being under endless comfort and being confined to very specific actions and decisions with everything having the lowest stake it could possibly have and all already being fiured out for me and everyone else.
I agree that Si can be very limiting. As an INFP I can easily get in the habit of repeating physical actions despite them being sporadic in regards to time (Ne > Si). If you know your type I encourage posting it so that there's more data for the discussion but if you prefer to remain anonymous I respect that too.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I agree that Si can be very limiting. As an INFP I can easily get in the habit of repeating physical actions despite them being sporadic in regards to time (Ne > Si). If you know your type I encourage posting it so that there's more data for the discussion but if you prefer to remain anonymous I respect that too.
I'm ENTJ

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I see it this way that these are our dom/aux when overused/abused over a longer timeframe, especially when under stress or otherwise exhausted :) I've tried to pay attention to what my mind does in such situations, for example near end of some tough big project at work and it doesn't look like suddenly anything below dom/aux becomes visible in mind or that we could suddenly make actual use out of other unconcious roles. Ofc dom/aux may take a loong time to totally drain them, but it's doable, yet doesn't look like other roles take over then.

It seems to be rather opposite in my opinion - we might lose even that slight connection to our unconcious and rely barely on dom/aux or even mostly on dom only for some time - a last resort once one's depleted their energy :) Tert and inf are called so with a reason - they're out of concious reach. My type translates to ESTJ in mbti context. I personally don't think we can really choose which roles to use or alter between them, like they're separate pieces of machinery, each acting as an independent data generator :)

Reactions: intranst

·
Registered
INFJ
288 Posts
cognitive functions : Se(need to always be consistently aware that i have nothing lose before applying myself to something ) , Te(as i need to be aware of my own rationalization(Bs) i told myself consistently)
interactions : Ti inferior(can't even listen to other people opinions(even if they do just to save face usually) for god sake and they'll moral check(Fe) you even if you tell the facts and expect other people to listen to them),Ni inferior(care about their own future)

·
Registered
ESFJ - 9w1
189 Posts
Despite being --or "Because I'm"-- F, Feeling matters drain me the most. I feel compelled to constantly take into account the emotions, needs, moral stances of people, and to find an alternative that respects all of them at once. It's long, it's hard, it's exhausting.

T matters paradoxically drain me the least. "What is" is "What is", no need to read between the lines, end.

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8 ♀
404 Posts
Si - Though I know it's not limited to Si, I don't like repeating mundane tasks daily, going through loops of the same thing over and over again, etc. The thought of a repetitive, routine-based life fills me with dread...

And lack of Ti. I don't like when someone doesn't explain the reasoning behind a claim because I need things to make sense to me. I also don't like logical fallacies in statements, so I tend to prove people wrong when it happens.

·
Registered
INFJ ♀️ 4w5 sx/sp
2,705 Posts
Probably Si-doms and Fe-doms drain me the most, but I can handle Si in small doses. I find people with dominant or tertiary Se refreshing and exciting, like I can't get enough of them. I like being around Ti and Fi types too.

·
Registered
| 9w8 sx/sp | 469 |
347 Posts
Both Si and Ne drain me. As of judging functions, high Fe is also too much.

Reactions: intranst

·
Premium Member
INFP
496 Posts
Te. Burning out Te feels like a little pebble of magnesium catches fire in my brain. If any other function burns out, the sensation is more pedestrian; familiar moods, irritability, exhaustion, etc. But that Te... man that shit stings.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 469 tritype
365 Posts
Te, which is not surprising as it’s my Inferior function. When I use it on a good day I sound smarter and less sensitive than I actually am, all the while being drained on the inside because I know I’m not paying enough attention to the emotional factor. On a bad day I come off as sharp tongued and critical while not seeing the whole situation at hand and not making much sense.

Se is my 8th function which means I can’t come to my senses physically to save my life. I can’t completely step out of my head and enjoy the moment even if I tell myself to. Quick reflexes and instant responses elude me.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Interesting question. I had a similar post about this recently ("Which dominant function do you find most annoying?").

Lately I've been finding Se a bit annoying (too loud, crass, touchy-feely), and also Si at times (for the reasons mentioned above).

I'm ISFJ and a dom Si user - but sometimes I don't like to see Si mirrored in others (especially in strong Isfjs/Istjs). I tend to like auxiliary Ne (in Infps and Intps) for some reason - I think it's because their wandering thoughts allow me space to listen and be introverted.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Si - Though I know it's not limited to Si, I don't like repeating mundane tasks daily, going through loops of the same thing over and over again, etc. The thought of a repetitive, routine-based life fills me with dread...
Could you please explain why you think the above has anything to do with actual introverted sensing? :) Bc it's not what it's about. Asking from SI aux perspective and I can't relate to what you explain :)

Reactions: aerstyu
1 - 20 of 48 Posts