Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8 ♀
404 Posts
Could you please explain why you think the above has anything to do with actual introverted sensing? :) Bc it's not what it's about. Asking from SI aux perspective and I can't relate to what you explain :)
That’s why I said it’s not limited to Si - but behavior-wise, this is how the SJs I know tend to be, less comfortable outside what they are familiar with, prefer following routines, not huge fans of spontaneity, etc.

As an SJ, how would you describe Si? It’s possible that I’m confusing the definition of it.

Reactions: tarmonk

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
As an SJ, how would you describe Si? It’s possible that I’m confusing the definition of it.
In very short words, it means user experiences impression of the perceived object in addition of the object itself. Or even instead of it in some cases. That impression is suppressed for the SE user. It's a longer story how it plays out differently :)

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8 ♀
404 Posts
In very short words, it means user experiences impression of the perceived object in addition of the object itself. That impression is suppressed for the SE user. It's a longer story how it plays out differently :)
Gotcha, thank you for the info!

Reactions: tarmonk

·
Registered
280 Posts
Edit: I just guess, Si maintaining is exhausting, Te discussing and applying can be challenging for me. Fe emoting, participating, and contributing is hard, when I am not in a good mood I just normally want to withdraw. Idk it depends.

·
Registered
ISFP
104 Posts
Fe and Te related things

I hate not being myself just for the sake of niceness, Fe is my ignoring function I tend to shrug it off a lot. It does make me tried in a place where it's valued over Fi.

As for Te, I'm bad at it and need to focus on it more but I can't help feel too bossy if I attempt to use Te in a public setting. Actually seeing my ESFP friend use it more and how he is Te a lot when we talk, I wish had better Te.

Reactions: intranst

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the contributions, keep em coming! I find it interesting that some of you report being tired by other's use of your first or second function. I too have experienced this, kind of like you want to be the one effecting things on that plane. I'm also seeing that some of you enjoy others who engage with your inferior function if it is an extroverted perceiving function (Ne/Se). Inferior extroverted judging users (Fe/Te) seem to rather figure those things for themselves than be subjected to the force of them by others.

·
Registered
Nemophilist
2,508 Posts
I have trouble with Se and Fe the most. Conditions where those attitudes/orientations are prominent drain my energy quickly.

·
Registered
ENTJ
1,370 Posts
ENTJ checking in, I'd say it's my Ti coz doing math really drains my brain. Fe is just frustrating but not draining coz I'm just over it when the other person disagrees with me without logical reasoning.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ENTJ checking in, I'd say it's my Ti coz doing math really drains my brain. Fe is just frustrating but not draining coz I'm just over it when the other person disagrees with me without logical reasoning.
I like when higher Ti challenges my Fi sometimes since it helps me refine my value system. If Fe is overly used in conjunction then it kind of grates on me, as they are then taking in too much info related to my tone of voice and body language rather than simply attacking the argument.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm not sure if it's linked to Se, but I get tired quickly when dealing with stage frights.

Some people say that you can never rid yourself of stage fright, you just get comfortable with it. But it's been more than 10 years for me and I'm still drained from having to perform or deliver a speech/presentation multiple times within a short period of time. But once in a while, I actually find it refreshing.

Boxing sparring sessions also tires me faster than my other friends, even though I have no problem with stamina, because I can run much longer than them. But basketball games seem to be less draining to me. Boxing seems to be more sensory-intense, if that term makes sense.

I think Se in small doses is fine for me. But having to use it constantly is tiring, because I will feel a strong urge to fall back into my comfort functions after.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if it's linked to Se, but I get tired quickly when dealing with stage frights.

Some people say that you can never rid yourself of stage fright, you just get comfortable with it. But it's been more than 10 years for me and I'm still drained from having to perform or deliver a speech/presentation multiple times within a short period of time. But once in a while, I actually find it refreshing.

Boxing sparring sessions also tires me faster than my other friends, even though I have no problem with stamina, because I can run much longer than them. But basketball games seem to be less draining to me. Boxing seems to be more sensory-intense, if that term makes sense.

I think Se in small doses is fine for me. But having to use it constantly is tiring, because I will feel a strong urge to fall back into my comfort functions after.
Thanks for sharing. Boxing would be the death of me.. I think as long as there are break periods for your mind to roam then Se is doable. Very difficult to prolong though, and even then we (INFPs) are likely not taking in all of the sensory stimuli present.

·
Registered
ESFJ Ennea 6
2,076 Posts
The only consistently exhausting situation I can think of is being put into a pressured situation involving technical understanding and skill without adequate preparation.

But I think that is somewhat universal, from a neurological perspective.

Reactions: intranst

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
It's more about the wielder than the function. Also, functions don't manifest in a vacuum.
Yep they definitely don't exist in vacuum! I'd put it into such words that thanks to analysing my mind a lot this year, I can conciously see my dom/aux and how they work - it's almost always tightly tied feedback loop between those, yet they still are different phenomenas, not piled up on top of each other like any actual "stack".

But I barely believe it when people talk they decide to switch to tert or even inferior today for fun or for completing some certain type of tasks - doesn't seem to work this way :p No matter how hard I've tried, no luck in conciously seeing existence and proof of any tert/inf - that's prob why they're called so (bc being unconcious) :) And how they could drain then if one can't see and conciously use them.

Reactions: mia-me

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
23,316 Posts
I thought it was always the one that you trust the least. For example- my cog functions are Ni Te Fi Se (NeTi Fe Si) therefore the most untrusted cog function is going to be the last in the brackets.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I thought it was always the one that you trust the least. For example- my cog functions are Ni Te Fi Se (NeTi Fe Si) therefore the most untrusted cog function is going to be the last in the brackets.
Fe would likely be bothersome as it's your "blindspot." I'm still curious about how the majority view their 8th function.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Yep they definitely don't exist in vacuum! I'd put it into such words that thanks to analysing my mind a lot this year, I can conciously see my dom/aux and how they work - it's almost always tightly tied feedback loop between those, yet they still are different phenomenas, not piled up on top of each other like any actual "stack".

But I barely believe it when people talk they decide to switch to tert or even inferior today for fun or for completing some certain type of tasks - doesn't seem to work this way :p No matter how hard I've tried, no luck in conciously seeing existence and proof of any tert/inf - that's prob why they're called so (bc being unconcious) :) And how they could drain then if one can't see and conciously use them.
The tert function is the relief function to the dom so when an ESTJ is relaxing or has hit a roadblock, Ne will evidence in situations like preferred humor (possibly in the form of puns, etc) or spitballing with others when Te-Si's tactics aren't working.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My best friend is a Se user, he extensively gathers stimulation and goes all over the place, hops there, disappears, then appears under the light, it goes from passive watching to a dance that I can't follow up the moves 👾 and I am AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH excuse me I have to go wash my face 🥴

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,495 Posts
Hm, for me it was a choice between Fi and Ti and I choose Ti because having to Fi too much makes me uncomfortable but having to use Ti a lot actually mentally exhausts me. So it's good to be friends and/or work with a few INTPs and ISTPs, IMO. 🙂

21 - 40 of 48 Posts