Personality Cafe banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
INTP, 953 sp/sx
271 Posts
Fi-doms can be really hard for me to communicate with if there is any conflict, so it can be very draining. The futility of being unable to speak the same language and reach a solution really grinds me, but apart from those situations I usually find Fi fascinating and enjoyable, it is just the initial push around that language barrier that I find extremely exhausting.

Fe is something that I see as exhilarating and draining at the same time, the constant worry around the expectations that it places on me weighs in the back of my mind even though I enjoy it. I really like Fe-doms, but they can get a bit suffocating at times.

Dominant F is quite hard for me to interact with, it is mostly up to how well I can communicate with the individual. Auxiliary F is easy and relaxing to be around. I don`t have many problems with N, S, and T.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Fi-doms can be really hard for me to communicate with if there is any conflict, so it can be very draining. The futility of being unable to speak the same language and reach a solution really grinds me, but apart from those situations I usually find Fi fascinating and enjoyable, it is just the initial push around that language barrier that I find extremely exhausting.

Fe is something that I see as exhilarating and draining at the same time, the constant worry around the expectations that it places on me weighs in the back of my mind even though I enjoy it. I really like Fe-doms, but they can get a bit suffocating at times.

Dominant F is quite hard for me to interact with, it is mostly up to how well I can communicate with the individual. Auxiliary F is easy and relaxing to be around. I don`t have many problems with N, S, and T.
As an Fi dom, I'd say the feeling is mutual in regards to Ti. It's often refreshing looking at things from such a different angle, and I can see why they get so frustrated when people contradict themselves which I try my best not to do and don't mind being called out on it. I also have a love/hate relationship with Te (inferior extroverted judging).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thanks all for the contributions, keep em coming! I find it interesting that some of you report being tired by other's use of your first or second function. I too have experienced this, kind of like you want to be the one effecting things on that plane. I'm also seeing that some of you enjoy others who engage with your inferior function if it is an extroverted perceiving function (Ne/Se). Inferior extroverted judging users (Fe/Te) seem to rather figure those things for themselves than be subjected to the force of them by others.
Yes, with Fe - I like "Fe-ing" to others, but sometimes I don't like when others "Fe" to me, in the sense of being very intrusive and asking personal questions and trying to delve into my inner emotions. It's make me uncomfortable. :sneaky:

With Si - I tend to see the annoying 'Si' tendencies more in others than I do in myself, and so I get annoyed when I see "strong Si' in others at times, even though I'm a dominant Si. I know my friends get annoyed a lot when I ask a lot of seemingly insignificant questions though, in my search for information about a particular thing.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
That’s why I said it’s not limited to Si - but behavior-wise, this is how the SJs I know tend to be, less comfortable outside what they are familiar with, prefer following routines, not huge fans of spontaneity, etc.

As an SJ, how would you describe Si? It’s possible that I’m confusing the definition of it.
I think what you're describing there is a mix of "Si" + J tendencies (e g in ISTJs and ISFJS). Judgers tend to like familiarity and consistency - and then the Si lends itself to trusting the 'tried and true' methods of doing things.

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8 ♀
404 Posts
I think what you're describing there is a mix of "Si" + J tendencies (common in ISTJs and ISFJS). Judgers then to like familiarity and consistency - and then the Si lends itself to trusting the 'tried and true' methods of doing things.
Good point! :)

Reactions: Zeri

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The tert function is the relief function to the dom so when an ESTJ is relaxing or has hit a roadblock, Ne will evidence in situations like preferred humor (possibly in the form of puns, etc) or spitballing with others when Te-Si's tactics aren't working.
Thanks for explanation! Yep I can relate - had to Google what spitballing is but yep true :) Also humor (sometimes black humor or devil's advocate, though nowadays I rather avoid doing the latter), spiting out ideas with necessarily no concrete output but just for fun

41 - 48 of 48 Posts