• Total voters
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
Knavish Equerry
1,200 Posts
I enjoy both equally.
Regardless of what type of media it is,
I can only digest about 0.5-1 hour of video content/sitting.
Can't sit through longer films (i.e. the Batman or Lord of the Rings franchises) without frequent intermissions.
Thus, they're spread out over several days.
I'm not sure if I'd make it at the theater, without friends.
What is this thing people do called "binging".
Lol. Ne.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like movies, I like tv shows, but I easily get bored especially if the tv show got repetitive story or the movie is too long and I can't understand what it really means. I love very short films, duration is between 20-30 mins.

btw, I'm new here :)

·
Banned
421 Posts
Tv Shows: I can’t get emotionally attached to a character if I only see them for 2 hours. Longer running hours also mean more fleshed out characters.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
books are more detailed and I can use my imagination while reading them, I can also re-read the same paragraph 3 times if I so desire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TV shows for sure. There is more time for character and story development and can lead to much more interesting plots than the 1.5-2.5 hours that a traditional movie has time for.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
If we're speaking feature length films vs TV shoes, then probably both equally, but short films, or film franchises that span almost 10 or more films the most.

I think that some TV shows would be even better as films and vice versa. For instianco, I think 3rd Rock from the Sun would make a great film franchise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Definitely TV shows because I lack the patience for movies. With TV shows, there is typically drama and excitement in every episode. There's also the fact that I like to find characters in TV shows that I can relate to, and it is harder to do this with movie characters because we usually don't see as much of them (and we don't see their personal growth over the years like we do with TV shows).

Another reason I prefer TV shows is that movies almost never fail to make me cry. I can find the dumbest, most mindless comedy movie out there and I guarantee it will have some overly sentimental scene that tugs at my heartstrings and ruins the vibe. I want to be entertained, not put through an emotional rollercoaster.

That being said, some of my favorite shows have put viewers through emotional rollercoasters as well (GoT and PLL for example). But in these cases the deep emotion that viewers feel during certain scenes is the result of the connection we feel with the characters, rather than the result of writing and cheap plot devices that are intended to invoke an emotional response.

Example: the ending of "Click" (made me cry for all the wrong reasons) vs the ending of "Breaking Bad" (highly emotional for all the right reasons).

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Movies. Nowadays I don't spend much time watching stuff so I can't be spending 12 hours+ on a series. I like a plot to be short and quick and it doesn't have to fully concentrate on the characters as long as they are likeable. Long 3 hour movies I can't stand either. What's wrong being under 2 hours?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Shows for me. Lol, I don't even have an attention span for movies half the time. But also, the thing that attracts me to a show mostly is characters, and in movies it's harder for those characters to develop or to be able to go on a journey with them. I have favorite movies, but since it's a one and done thing it's harder to have an attachment to it compared to a show.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Lately, TV Shows.
Quarantine does its work.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I like both, but I slightly prefer TV show because the plot and the characters are often more fleshed out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Movies for sure; my attention span can't stand unnecessary twists. It gets all over the place and there is too much drama. Movies keep the drama concise, but I still prefer books. The movie trilogy Lord of The Rings, though the facial expressions confuse me sometimes, is one of the best movie adaptions I have ever seen. I tried reading the books but yet again my attention span could not get past the overbearing small talk and tea times. That is one, maybe the only, example of a movie trilogy that I prefer to the books. That's not to say Tolkien was anything but genius and I loved the Hobbit as a book 10x more than the movie

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
I prefer movies. They're usually higher quality. Most TV shows nowadays just fit under the "Netflix" genre to me, which means bad acting, bad script, and overly emotional scenes. They're all the same, just with a different set of costumes for the actors and a different childishly written script for them to read off. Everything is like this, even the 'good' stuff. Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad... and all the others that I can't remember the names of. It's the same plastic overly emotional TV soap opera shite to me.

TV shows also require a much longer investment in time. Anyone who says a 3+ hour movie is 'too long' needs to have a serious think about the 20 hours or so they're willing to invest in a full TV series.

The only TV show I've watched entirely is Rick and Morty.

Movies usually have far more art, depth and nuance, plus better acting and better themes for the viewer to deal with.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts