Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
5 for most. Least is probably 3.

5's are just fantastic. Even when I am unhealthy I'd still date myself. And that just might be the most pretentious thing I've said all week.

3's... it's the motivation for achievement and putting achievement on display. I sincerely believe in letting other people do your bragging. And I really hate sycophants. And just the whole that a 3 bases how they matter on outside influences.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Most...

I like a person who has the dual trait of integrity and respect. I prefer that they both be themselves and integral people, self-contained, and respect me and my space and need for distance. These are the same two things I try to offer to people in my own right, so I don't think it's unfair to ask.

I don't know what type that is, exactly - perhaps any of the Withdrawn types. I can work well with many of the types, but withdrawn seems likely to create the most comfortable dynamics.

Least? Someone who's going to be invasive or demanding, or try to push me somehow. That describes several of the types when they are less self-aware.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I'm not sure if I can relate this to certain E types, but here's my personal response:

I'm not attracted to anyone who uses any form of manipulation in the hopes that I will bend to his/her will. I seem to meet some individuals who believe that I'm some naive child who can't see what they're doing, however expertly camouflaged their tactics are. I'm not stupid; I know what's up, and you will never be let in again once you pull this move on me.

I'm attracted to individuals who accept and respect me as I am, honor personal boundaries and space, don't push me to do or think as they expect me to, give me time, and keep me mentally stimulated. I want to interact on an equal playing field where we are constantly exchanging ideas and remain curious, honest, and tolerant.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
I want an 8w9 who will throw me in the pool... even though I hate being thrown in the pool... and I'll kick and scream and splash and pull him in and wrestle him til he almost drowns and we will both giggle.... this is romance. :)

Most of my best friends are 5s but they are my friends.... not dateable

Least favorites - probably 2s and 6s... they would be frustrated by the many endeavors I engage in solitude.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think I could be o.k. with each type, but not each individual.
Anyone who intrudes, interferes, tries to control without my inviting it, refuses space or that I need time, harmful to that which I care for or about, adds nothing of interest to my life. I want to gain and refuse to spend time with those who take, rob, wreck and destroy my spirit and mind.

Reactions: Animal

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I admire eights the most (healthy ones) but which types I'm attracted to or not I don't know.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
I admire eights the most (healthy ones) but which types I'm attracted to or not I don't know.
I'm attracted to 8s even when they are unhealthy. It's problematic. Luckily I'm not attracted to people I don't know well, so as long as I continue to isolate myself 95% of the time I can continue to avoid this conundrum.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I find type 7's endearing. I think enthusiasm is a really attractive quality, and 7's are almost defined by it. I find the assertive nature of type 8's attractive too, as long as it's not overbearing and manipulative.

Not a fan of 6's. The constant reliance on other people to support them really bothers me when it descends to unhealthy levels, as I like to maintain a sense of independence, so I can't really deal with someone on my shoulders all the time. The 9's desire to maintain peace really annoys me if gets to the point where they're going along with things to avoid causing conflicts. I really don't find people who go out of their way to avoid conflict where it's inevitable attractive.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I like fours and fives a lot. And sevens too, actually.
Fours [especially 4w5s], I can relate to well because of my 4 wing. But they can help me to feel my feelings more, which is uncomfortable but always makes me feel better after.
And sevens are just entertaining and fun. They help shake things up and I kind of have to get out of my own head to see what they're doing. They spark my curiousity.

Threes I probably get along with the least. I don't have many three traits at all. I'm more prone to forget that I have a body and people can see me, haha. I find bragging and attention games to be shallow and obvious, just annoying to me. It seems cheap in my mind.
Sixes...ehh. They can really annoy me. The ambivalence thing can really drive me crazy. When they get really dependent on others too. I feel like they flip-flop a lot and can be spineless. It causes me not to trust them, therefore I don't want to be around them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like fours and other fives for their creativity and interesting inner worlds, and the fact that they usually don't intrude on my personal space. I'm also attracted to eights and cp sixes for their assertiveness, which I lack.

I don't know if I could date a three or a two. They seem a little high maintenance.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I think I can get along well with anyone of any type who is healthy.

I find male 8's very attractive, but I don't know if I'd really want to be in a relationship with one.

Most of the 2's in my life are in low-average levels, and I find their neediness very hard to take sometimes.

I know a 3w2 who embodies every average/unhealthy part of the 3 and it's really hard to hang out when she's around because she monopolizes the conversation telling people all her travels and achievements. I feel bad for her because I think she's totally clueless about how much she alienates everyone around her.

I want to say phobic 6w7's are hard to handle sometimes, but that's also my SO's type.

I agree with Sillasy, most important for me is someone who is going to accept me and respect my boundaries, and who will also take me at my word.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
I'm so frustrated that I can no longer edit my previous posts here. I said my least favorite were 2s and 6s, because they would be frustrated about endeavors I'd engage in solitude. But I thought about it more deeply and considered all my values and I was wrong.

In truth,
- I would be very turned on by an 8 and get along well with them as friends too. Nothing makes me happier/hotter than honesty and *boldness* - I don't even care if it's brash.
- I'd do great with a chivalrous 2 who would bend to my needs for solitude, but I'd have to stay conscious of asking him to communicate *his* needs, which I think I could.
- I'd do well with a 1. I love chivalry and passionate debates (though with 1s these are sometimes taken personally - he'd need to have a sense of humor!)

I would not want to date:
- a 4 or a 3 for a similar reason - they both think of how others see them, and being admired (4s for being different, 3s for being achievers or perfect).. when someone naturally gets attention from others it's hot - I love observing someone boldly socializing & being less awkward than I! But watching someone consciously *trying* to be noticed or admired, and honing an image to do so, my reaction can range from jealous to disgusted. Also I would fear both types would be more into "the idea of me" and the "trophy me" than the real me.
- 7s drive me nuts in dating - I'm up for some adventures, but I don't like loud parties, excessive traveling etc... I could only date a 7 if we did many things separately, to the point where I don't see why we should be in a relationship. I'd also be insecure that he would run off with the next hot young thing. I *love* my 7 friends though.
- 9s would be unfulfilling.. I *need* someone bold who tames me & cuts through my crap.
- I've been attracted to a handful of other 5s and they changed my life and are my best friends, but I can't date 5s. Friendships are solid but in dating, there's always *something* missing that we can't put our finger on?

I'm up in the air about 6s. If they communicated with me it would be great. I'm worried I couldn't make a 6 happy but I guess it depends how busy they are? :p

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
At healthy levels I'm pretty much attracted to all enneagram types. I can't say the same for MBTI types. Even though healthy types are all wonderful, I can't help but have preferences when it comes to MBTI.

Considering average levels, I'm most attracted to Types 5,9, and least attracted to 1,2,3,8. Very emotional, very in-your-face types.

I pretty much hate all unhealthy types.

Reactions: sleepyhead

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
What types do you consider to be unhealthy?

I think they meant any individual who is unhealthy (so that could be a person of any type), not that a specific ennea-type is unhealthy.

I agree with Persephone, I get along well with most types who are healthy but I struggle with less healthy individuals.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah... that thought kind of occured to me AFTER I posted. I think what I originally thought was relating to the fact that a lot of general descriptions of certain ennea-types show them in a negative light. For instance, sixes.

·
Registered
544 Posts
To me the word 'attraction' implies initial impressions. In that case, I'm initially attracted to type 4's I think, because it indulges my 4 wing. If I can see someone has depth of emotion and is prone to introspection and inquisition I automatically think they are the most amazing, rich personality in the world and unfortunately begin to idealise them quite a bit, which leads to disappointment. Their theatrical displays of emotion can be exhausting and I can perceive it to be rather immature (but this is my own fault, my tolerance is a working progress).

Along with 4's, I would say other 5's for more or less the same reason (I guess 5w4's in particular) and then 7's. 9's can definitely get on my nerves when they try to evade conflict for a little longer than is appropriate, but again, initially they seem quite sensible when placed into a group dynamic with ostentatious/condescending/domineering personalities, which I find an attractive quality. I have also been initially attracted to an 8 before and still find our feisty verbal ping-pong matches quite stimulating and yes, at times, even arousing.

6's and 2's are not my thing (attraction-wise). Also, I can find the 'apparent' confidence and self-centredness of a 3 quite repulsive, at least in the initial stages of interaction, before I get to understand them better.

First impressions summary:

Positive, in order:
to 5[w4]'s, 4's, 7's, 8's.
Negative: to 6's, 3's and 2's.

However, in the context of friendship, I'm sure all types are capable of making great company :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts