Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all:

Which Enneagram type(s) do you find most intimidating?

Reactions: Lala999

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start us off! Here we go! :)

I find Enneagram types: 8, 5, and (sometimes) 1 most intimidating.

I've noticed I've almost listed out the Competency Triad;; so something about the Competency Triad is intimidating to me. :laughing:

I know it might sound silly, but type 5's (when they sit in their ivory towers) intimidate me a lot. Plus, they can sometimes have this nasty temper when they are connected to type 8 in all the wrong ways. They are reclusive, and tend not to share feelings, and it's hard for me to make them laugh or see the "real" them. Sometimes they also have a tendency to make you feel like any comment you state is stupid (and scoff at you).

Type 8's can intimidate me for obvious reasons (I would assume): can be pushy, controlling, have crazy tempers, loud, and brash. This can be unnerving for me.

Type 1's can occasionally be intimidating to me, but I've grown up with enough of them to understand them better. Thus, my insider's knowledge helps me recognize the harmlessness behind much of their actions and repressed anger. :) But their assertive judgmentalness can -at times- make my legs turn to jello.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: 0+n*1

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you feel intimidated?
If you're being sarcastic, then slightly anxious/nervous (I'm sure you're a wonderful person - - just how I'm wired;; not the sarcastic type, don't know how to interact with it).

If you're being serious, then I whole heartedly support you! & I'm happy that you are sharing, and embrace your intimidation of type 9! :D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In fact, the fact that you responded to my question with a question, and are making yourself hard to pin down. That's probably another piece. It makes me uncertain about how to respond.

It keeps people on their toes (assuming they don't want to hurt your feelings or piss you off & that they care). I'm the type of person who cares a whole awful lot.

·
Registered
971 Posts
If you're being sarcastic, then slightly anxious/nervous (I'm sure you're a wonderful person - - just how I'm wired;; not the sarcastic type, don't know how to interact with it).

If you're being serious, then I whole heartedly support you! & I'm happy that you are sharing, and embrace your intimidation of type 9! :D
Either option apparently compliments me, which is all that matters, so choose whichever you want.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either option apparently compliments me, which is all that matters, so choose whichever you want.
(lol) Now you're just toying with me. :tongue:

Then I will assume good intent! & that you have a phobia of things that are non-threatening. There there. *pat pat* I will keep you safe from all the Type 9's. :)

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Sexual 2s, Sexual 6s, Social 3s and, to a lesser extent, Sexual 4s. 8s don't intimidate me at all. they're very straightfoward, relaxed, easy to deal with. if you don't fuck with them, they will seldom have the energy to do so to you. people who are duplicitous, manipulative, and/or unpredictable and passive-aggressive are far more dangerous imo.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If my protection is in your heart, do you mind changing your avatar so it's easier to avoid it?
I'm protecting you from good-natured, sleepy sloths; how hard could it be? :laughing:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sexual 2s, Sexual 6s, Social 3s and, to a lesser extent, Sexual 4s. 8s don't intimidate me at all. they're very straightfoward, relaxed, easy to deal with. if you don't fuck with them, they will seldom have the energy to do so to you. people who are duplicitous, manipulative, and/or unpredictable and passive-aggressive are far more dangerous imo.
What do you find intimidating about sexual 4's and sexual 6's? (If you don't mind sharing)

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
4s are terrifying. They tend to dislike me, and that's scary.

1s can be okay as long as I don't rub them the wrong way.

I actually love 8s, they tend to find me amusing.

·
Banned
4,124 Posts
9. Their dissonant lack of intimidation intimidates me.

Yes. We're just mellowing you out and getting you comfortable before something finally causes us to flip our shit and let loose a torrent of repressed rage. Until then - tremble before our sleepy, apathetic niceness!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts