Personality Cafe banner

Which Enneagram Types are Most Likely to Be Evil Villains?

• 1w9

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 1w2

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • 2w1

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • 2w3

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 3w2

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • 3w4

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • 4w3

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 4w5

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 5w4

• 5w6

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • 6w5

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • 6w7

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • 7w6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7w8

• 8w7

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • 8w9

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • 9w8

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 9w1

Votes: 1 2.9%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching "Avengers: Age of Ultron" (and being a super hero junkie), it got me thinking about the question:

Which Enneagram types are most likely to be evil villains?

I couldn't seem to think of an evil Enneagram type 9! Does this mean that some Enneagram types are more or less likely to be "evil", or a detriment to society when unhealthy? Or does Hollywood simply have certain models of what an evil villain is, and thus the same Enneagram types get cast in these roles over and over again? Is there some truth behind this stereotype?

Feel free to vote in the poll above (it's multiple choice, so select as many as you feel fit!), or discuss in the comments section below!

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I probably should have added 2w3 to the mix (I cannot re-vote), now that I think about it. You frequently see evil villains on the thrown, with mommy complexes, and an evil mom standing behind them (basically manipulating and controlling the evil villain - - the "power behind the throne").

So, I guess, the type of evil villains I rarely (if ever see) involve type 1's (particularly 1w2), 7w6 + 6w7, and type 9's (all of them).

Does anyone have any examples of evil type 9's? Either real life individuals, or fictional characters?

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
After watching "Avengers: Age of Ultron" (and being a super hero junkie), it got me thinking about the question:

I couldn't seem to think of an evil Enneagram type 9! Does this mean that some Enneagram types are more or less likely to be "evil", or a detriment to society when unhealthy? Or does Hollywood simply have certain models of what an evil villain is, and thus the same Enneagram types get cast in these roles over and over again? Is there some truth behind this stereotype?

Feel free to vote in the poll above (it's multiple choice, so select as many as you feel fit!), or discuss in the comments section below!
in terms of subtypes
- Sexual 2
- Sexual 4
- Self Preservation 7
- Self Preservation 8
- Sexual 8

a little less frequently
- Social 2
- Social 3
- Self Preservation 5
- Sexual 6
- Social 8

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
971 Posts
A bit,it's disturbing how mean they can be but never even close to a villain in any way,but at the same time in some ways worse than true bad guys.

9 is weird lol
Probably has to do with how a 9 (although not only 9s of course) could possibly commit ''evil'' acts just by going with the motions and not really introspecting on what they're doing. The emptiness of the justification for their actions can seem worse than any freudian excuse in some ways.

This can be transposed to actual society, where a lot of immoral acts are done not out of pure evil intent but because of apathy or lazyness to change their ways.

A good example would be Nazi germany where if there wasn't a mass of people who just followed cause ''that's just how it is'' or ''I'm just doing my job'', things would have turned out differently.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Dr. Doofenshmirtz isn't a villainous 9? He seems to greatly suffer from Sloth.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dr. Doofenshmirtz isn't a villainous 9? He seems to greatly suffer from Sloth.
Ha Ha! I had to google that one. I don't watch "Phineas and Ferb" - - but the evil villains name does not make him sound very good at being evil. :laughing:

I'd have to watch some Youtube clips to decide on his type.

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Sexual 4s :wink:

+ sx 2s, soc 2s, soc 3s, 8s in general

Some 5s or 6w5s if the mad scientist, asocial mastermind or vengeful genius tropes are involved.
Unhealthy sexual 1s as the insane moral crusaders or antagonistic drill sergeants/officers/judges.
Ooh, I can be a villain! xD

·
Registered
1 Posts
Number 8 in regression level...not in evolution.

hello,

ten years practicing enegarme analyzing people and the world. And for me is with no doubt the Number 8 in regression level...not in evolution. The strange things is that there are capable of destroying the world and in the same time is a number 8 in evolution that will have the courage to change this world...And this society create a lot of number 8...because we live in competition.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone have any examples of evil type 9's? Either real life individuals, or fictional characters?
Kevin Costner plays a type 9 serial killer in the movie Mr. Brooks. Even then it could be debatable whether he is actually evil or not though. :laughing:

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
Probably has to do with how a 9 (although not only 9s of course) could possibly commit ''evil'' acts just by going with the motions and not really introspecting on what they're doing. The emptiness of the justification for their actions can seem worse than any freudian excuse in some ways.

This can be transposed to actual society, where a lot of immoral acts are done not out of pure evil intent but because of apathy or lazyness to change their ways.

A good example would be Nazi germany where if there wasn't a mass of people who just followed cause ''that's just how it is'' or ''I'm just doing my job'', things would have turned out differently.
This. I think there are plenty of examples of fiction, especially focused on redemption as a theme, where the villain is a person close to the protagonist and has to wake up. Sometimes they are one and the same. I can't unfortunately think of a good example, though, but it's usually a result of how being asleep and oblivious causes a lot of ensuing destruction and the character refuses to see.

Actually, one example that is very good is Fight Club, where the narrator's inability to see that he is Tyler causes a lot of problems. Another example of this is Vincent from Ergo Proxy. It's interesting how both stories use similar tropes.

It's interesting that 9 characters in fiction often have problems with either sleep or memory and sometimes and usually both in combination.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts