Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Type Seven's! (7)

I saw a similar question in the "Enneagram Type 4" section, and thought it was an interesting sentiment. I thought it would be intriguing to pose the same question to Type 7's!

So, which Enneagram types do you find you gel best with? I'm not necessarily referring to romantic relationships (though, feel free to discuss this if you like), but just general, run of the mill relationships.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I'll start it off! :)

I tend to get along best with other fellow, female, Type 7's; as well as Type 9's (either gender). I'd say those numbers are the ones I seem to gel best with, and feel a more instant connection and comfort around. I'd say Enneagram Type 6's either love me or hate me (not sure if it's the counterphobic or phobic varieties), and then I get along o.k. with everyone else. I admire the heck out of Type 1's, but they can get under my skin when they reprimand me, or try to micromanage me. I tend to clash a lot with Type 8's, because I find they always try to control me, and this irks me to no end! Type 2's can also bug me, as I feel there are just entirely too many expectations (but maybe that's just the health level of the 2's I know?). Enneagram Type 3's are hit-or-miss with me; some good friends of mine are Type 3.

·
Registered
ESTp-SLE, ESTP, 7w8?
1,367 Posts
Other 7s. Definitely. Also 8s and 3s if they're not too whiny. I don't mind 5s and 9s, but I wish 9s could be more honest. I don't think I've ever met a 1 to my knowledge and I'm sure I've met 4s before and they just make me roll my eyes in that kind of way XD Seriously though, when a 4 gets all deep on you, you can't help but laugh. Then there's 6s. Basically everyone I've encountered has been a 6 and most of the them have pissed me off. Healthy 6s are okay, but when they start to drop, I will become their worst nightmare :D

I can't tell between 2s and 6s when I look back for a few people, but one guy I could have sworn was a 2... I am not even going to get started with him. I'd probably for most 2s wonder why they had to be so nice all the time. Or I'd wonder why they're always around all the time. It'd probably piss me if if they weren't healthy.

Reactions: o0india0o

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd probably for most 2s wonder why they had to be so nice all the time. Or I'd wonder why they're always around all the time. It'd probably piss me if if they weren't healthy.
This gave me a good laugh. :D

I'd have to say that I probably share most of your sentiments about this topic.

·
Registered
ESTp-SLE, ESTP, 7w8?
1,367 Posts
This gave me a good laugh. :D

I'd have to say that I probably share most of your sentiments about this topic.
I like nice people but they just seem too... plain if you know what I mean. And a 2s kind of nice can get creepy if they start going down the wrong path.

·
Registered
850 Posts
6s, 9s, and other 7s are probably my favorites, but I never seem to dislike anyone specifically for their etype. My girlfriend is a 3w2 and I would have never thought I would actually like 3s until I got to know one really well, and I actually appreciate her 3ness and find her psychologically fascinating. 2s are a hit or a miss, and same with 4s. I do seem to fall in love with image types the easiest, especially 4s. The only 5 I know for sure is my dad (5w6 sp/sx) and we get on very well intellectually and have good conversation, but he can be kind of a buzz kill and selfish. 8s are probably my least favorite. Chill, man. I don't really know any 1s that are my own age but I can't imagine we would get along that well. I am kind of the anti 1.

My top best friends include: 3 6w7s, 6w5, 9w8, 4w5, 4w3, 3 7w6s, and a 3w2.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6s, 9s, and other 7s are probably my favorites, but I never seem to dislike anyone specifically for their etype. My girlfriend is a 3w2 and I would have never thought I would actually like 3s until I got to know one really well, and I actually appreciate her 3ness and find her psychologically fascinating. 2s are a hit or a miss, and same with 4s. I do seem to fall in love with image types the easiest, especially 4s. The only 5 I know for sure is my dad (5w6 sp/sx) and we get on very well intellectually and have good conversation, but he can be kind of a buzz kill and selfish. 8s are probably my least favorite. Chill, man. I don't really know any 1s that are my own age but I can't imagine we would get along that well. I am kind of the anti 1.

I struggle with Type 5's sometimes, as they tend to be corrective, and (at least the ones I know) tend to like to debate for the sake of arguing, and tell me too much information. I think Type 5's tend to initially find my "energy" and "optimism" intriguing, but quickly tire of it, and find it annoying (and their pessimism and reclusiveness annoys me too, anyways :p).

I always love hearing about your input, and the different types you have in your life. Your father actually sounds really funny (from some of the other posts I've read from you); he sounds like a real character.

What was it like growing up in such a Type 7 heavy family? Was it Awesome? :D

·
Registered
2,687 Posts

Pretty much exactly same here. I get along best with 6s and 7s, and then 9s (although most 9s I know are frustratingly introverted and it's exhausting trying to get them out of their shell). I can have fun with 5s, and we have some of the most amazing and creative conversations, but they also usually frustrate me (thinking of my experience with my brother, who absolutely will not do anything he does not want to do, and that's most things, because everything scares him and his only safety is in himself).

My mom is a 2, and one of my closest friends is a 3, but I have a lot of difficulty recognizing 4s, so I don't know where I stand with them. Image types in general are fuzzy, I have difficulty recognizing them in real life for whatever reason. I like 1s until they get all moralizing with me - otherwise we usually have a lot of fun together! And yeah, with 8s, I'm like, dude, chill. I have an 8 friend and she's really fun to be around one second and then suddenly a total control freak and she gets mean. I don't like that so much.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I struggle with Type 5's sometimes, as they tend to be corrective, and (at least the ones I know) tend to like to debate for the sake of arguing, and tell me too much information. I think Type 5's tend to initially find my "energy" and "optimism" intriguing, but quickly tire of it, and find it annoying (and their pessimism and reclusiveness annoys me too, anyways :p).

I always love hearing about your input, and the different types you have in your life. Your father actually sounds really funny (from some of the other posts I've read from you); he sounds like a real character.

What was it like growing up in such a Type 7 heavy family? Was it Awesome? :D
Haha thanks! Sometimes I feel self-conscious rambling on about people in my life because I'm never sure if it's ever actually applicable to anyone but me so I'm glad someone actually appreciates it. I am constantly analyzing my family's types.

My mom and dad when they were together had a lot of tension because my mom is so free spirited and my dad is very critical and cynical, or so my mom believes. He has little tact and doesn't care one bit about social conventions beyond not wanting to draw attention to himself.

Lol well, my mom is not the most practical or committed person in the world so it wasn't always that great. We are very different kinds of sevens from each other, but of course similar fundamentally. We even have almost identical tritypes: she is a 7w8 2w3 9w8 I am a 7w6 9w8 3w2. It's hard to believe because most of the time I identify more with my dad, just because my mom is not intellectual at all, and despite being a 7, I definitely am. My dad's main beef with me is that I am kind of reckless and messy and have little respect for other peoples' space and possessions, or so he thinks, and my sister is the same way. And my dad and sister both tend to find my mom and me irresponsible. 9w8+5w6 and 7w8+7w6 is a very interesting group to live in one house, especially since my dad and sister are hardcore Sp doms.

Reactions: o0india0o

·
Registered
850 Posts
Pretty much exactly same here. I get along best with 6s and 7s, and then 9s (although most 9s I know are frustratingly introverted and it's exhausting trying to get them out of their shell). I can have fun with 5s, and we have some of the most amazing and creative conversations, but they also usually frustrate me (thinking of my experience with my brother, who absolutely will not do anything he does not want to do, and that's most things, because everything scares him and his only safety is in himself).

My mom is a 2, and one of my closest friends is a 3, but I have a lot of difficulty recognizing 4s, so I don't know where I stand with them. Image types in general are fuzzy, I have difficulty recognizing them in real life for whatever reason. I like 1s until they get all moralizing with me - otherwise we usually have a lot of fun together! And yeah, with 8s, I'm like, dude, chill. I have an 8 friend and she's really fun to be around one second and then suddenly a total control freak and she gets mean. I don't like that so much.
Sixes are awesome! By far the best friend material in my opinion. I definitely share your pain with frustratingly introverted people, especially if they are Sp doms, because I am fascinated by introverts and Sp doms, but I can never get them to participate as much as I would like...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Sixes are awesome! By far the best friend material in my opinion. I definitely share your pain with frustratingly introverted people, especially if they are Sp doms, because I am fascinated by introverts and Sp doms, but I can never get them to participate as much as I would like...
Yeah, exactly!

My best friend in the entire universe is a cp 6w7. She's an introvert (INFP) but also a very outgoing person, and a So dom. I'm also pretty sure that other than our core, our tritype is the same (she's 641, I'm 741) and we're very similar people in many ways. So I guess I get along best with people who are like me. ;P

I also have to mention that I tend to get along better with iNtuitive types. That's another reason that I don't know that many 9s that I'm super close with - because most of my 9 friends are ISFPs or ISFJs, and I've found that it's just harder to hold a conversation with them. There's also a HUGE difference between sp 9s and sx 9s. I have an ISFJ sp/so 9 friend who is SO different from my INFP sx/so 9 friend. My sx 9 friend's anger is much more visible, like it's on the verge of bubbling over at any time. My sp 9 friend is timid - possibly the most meek person I've ever met, but also very gentle and kind. Both are great listeners and genuinely good people. But both still hold something back, and that's what I have trouble with in getting closer to them. It's like they're always about to say something, but they stop themselves. I wish they would open up and show me everything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ha, this pretty much sums up alot of my friendships with type 7 (as a 5). 7s and 5s can often have similar offbeat/weird senses of humour and have great conversations, but after a while I think the two types can get on each others nerves easily. 7s who tend to have a rose-tinted view of themselves and others, and 5s who can be seen as cynical and joyless.

·
Registered
850 Posts
@justforthespark My best friend in the world is an ISFJ 6w5 so/sp and 614, similar to your best friend. She is the most loyal and reliable person I know, besides maybe my other really good friend who is an ESFP 6w7 so/sx 693. The three of us hang out a lot and the 6w5 and I compare our trio to Harry, Ron and Hermione but the 6w7 doesn't like it because he doesn't know Harry Potter references too well but he knows he doesn't want to be Ron. Haha it's funny though because of how Ron like he is, and the 6w5 I call her Hermione all the time because she's such a know it all and a brown noser perfectionist stickler at work as well as school. She's very 1 like.

I also never really thought about the fact that both of my best friends are not only sixes but So sixes and they are the only friends I can really count on for their full loyalty and participation in things that are important to me. A social 6 is a precious commodity. ^.^ What is your friend's stacking? I don't remember if you said.

Also, I don't know if either of them are really fully phobic or counterphobic. I think they are both pretty mixed. If I was to choose I'd say the 6w7 is probably primarily counterphobic while the 6w5 is mostly phobic, but definitely a bit of both. I think she used to be very phobic but over the years as she's gotten a little more confident she's become more counterphobic and really started facing things head-on more than before.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
@Kitfool I believe my best friend is so/sx. So/sp is a possibility, but I'm pretty sure she's sx second. She's actually one of the best natural leaders I've ever met, and I think it's because she has such a way with people and such a strong understanding of group dynamics and how to navigate them. The only thing that gets in her way is anxiety, but she's a very push-it-aside kind of person. I wouldn't say she's entirely counterphobic but she's definitely MOSTLY counterphobic - she's just such a take-charge person, very assertive (not aggressive, though, generally). She identifies a lot with type 4, which I think is sx plus having a 4 fix. We both mistyped as 4w3 for a while.

And yes, she is incredibly loyal. The only thing that upsets me is that she refers to other people as her best friend and I understand that as a social dom, that you have different best friends for different settings (we live across the country so obviously we form different bonds with other people when we're away from each other), but it still kind of bothers me because she's the only person I really consider to be my best friend. But even though she calls other people her best friend casually, we are, for lack of a better word, very committed to each other. When we are in the same city we spend every day together, and I've been on family vacations with her, and we both kind of intuitively know what the other needs (like I know when she needs to chill out and not talk for a while, and she's expressed that she feels like she can be alone and recharge even when I'm in the same room; and sometimes we text each other the same thing at the same time, like once I got a text from her that said "I wish you were here so we could go thrift shopping together" just as I hit send on a text that said "I'm thrift shopping right now and I wish you were here" and weird little things like that). So yeah, loyal is definitely a word I would use to describe her. We've been best friends for a long time and have so far survived living far away from each other for two years now, so.

Aww. I really miss her now.

ETA: she and I just decided to get matching tattoos this summer and I'm really excited bc I already wanted this tattoo and I showed it to her and she was like "DUDE I WANT THE SAME TATTOO???" so we decided we are just gonna DO it. Just wanted to add this to this post because I'm just EXCITED

·
Registered
850 Posts
@Kitfool I believe my best friend is so/sx. So/sp is a possibility, but I'm pretty sure she's sx second. She's actually one of the best natural leaders I've ever met, and I think it's because she has such a way with people and such a strong understanding of group dynamics and how to navigate them. The only thing that gets in her way is anxiety, but she's a very push-it-aside kind of person. I wouldn't say she's entirely counterphobic but she's definitely MOSTLY counterphobic - she's just such a take-charge person, very assertive (not aggressive, though, generally). She identifies a lot with type 4, which I think is sx plus having a 4 fix. We both mistyped as 4w3 for a while.

And yes, she is incredibly loyal. The only thing that upsets me is that she refers to other people as her best friend and I understand that as a social dom, that you have different best friends for different settings (we live across the country so obviously we form different bonds with other people when we're away from each other), but it still kind of bothers me because she's the only person I really consider to be my best friend. But even though she calls other people her best friend casually, we are, for lack of a better word, very committed to each other. When we are in the same city we spend every day together, and I've been on family vacations with her, and we both kind of intuitively know what the other needs (like I know when she needs to chill out and not talk for a while, and she's expressed that she feels like she can be alone and recharge even when I'm in the same room; and sometimes we text each other the same thing at the same time, like once I got a text from her that said "I wish you were here so we could go thrift shopping together" just as I hit send on a text that said "I'm thrift shopping right now and I wish you were here" and weird little things like that). So yeah, loyal is definitely a word I would use to describe her. We've been best friends for a long time and have so far survived living far away from each other for two years now, so.

Aww. I really miss her now.

ETA: she and I just decided to get matching tattoos this summer and I'm really excited bc I already wanted this tattoo and I showed it to her and she was like "DUDE I WANT THE SAME TATTOO???" so we decided we are just gonna DO it. Just wanted to add this to this post because I'm just EXCITED
Dude, I could totally see getting a tattoo with either of them, but/and I can also totally see where you're coming from with the jealousy, especially with the 6w7 of mine. With ISFJ 6w5, I don't see her hanging out with a lot of others just because she is an introvert and we live/work/go to school together, but tbh I sometimes feel jealous of her boyfriend because he's the only one she spends more time with than me, and even though I totally understand, and I'm not attracted to her that way, sometimes it is frustrating because I love her so much (platonically) and I hate it when we are having fun and she has to leave for someone else (hint: It is always her fucking boyfriend if it's not work, and work is more understandable to me). The fucked up thing is that I am really close to her boyfriend as well yet I still crave spending time alone with her. (Not sure if he is 6w7cp, 8w7, or 7w8. He is almost definitely sp/sx though)

The 6w7 ESFP so/x too though...He is very loyal but sometimes I fear he is too loyal for his own good. He has never done me wrong at all...He's never repeated a word I have said to him, even if I never told him not to. He's got my back in every way. He's never blown me off by any definition and I can't even think of a time when he's denied me a meeting/hang out session. He's down for whatever. however, he's also got a lot of other friends (mostly totally shitty) and it makes me kind of jealous that he still hangs out with his other friends when they're so shitty and take advantage of him and I would never do such a thing.

But the thing is, I am so hypocritical because I totally have different best friends for different settings as well, as an extraverted so dom, and I still so badly want to be first for BOTH of my best friends.

But enough about me. What tattoo are you getting?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
@Kitfool Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from! It's like, yes I have other really close friends, but I want to be everyone's #1 hahaha.

We're probably going to get this tattoo:

It's from Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Either that, or we'll go the really cheesy route and get this other tattoo from Hedwig:

But one of us will get one half and one of us will get the other (like a "best friends" necklace where each person has one half lmao - but the tattoo version)

The first tattoo is the one I showed her and was like "this is going to be my next tattoo" and she was like "I have wanted that tattoo for so long... let's just GO FOR IT" so yeah I'm excited

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
3's, 9's and 5's are the types I almost always get on well with.

Other 7's are cool too.

8's are hit or miss. The ones that aren't overly controlling and take my asserting back to them are awesome. As long as there is a mutual respect it's great. Other types generally can't accept/handle the back and forth a 7w8 and 8w7 can have without getting upset in some way eventually. We both find it hilarious.

1's, 4's, and a lot of 6's are the types i usually don't get on with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts