Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been making the rounds - - I have posted a similar forum thread in the Type 9 and Type 7 and Type 3 area, and now I'm curious about you: Type 6's!

Which Enneagram types do you gel best with? Can be romantically, but I am inquiring mostly about general relationships (friendships, family, co-workers, etc. . .). Any information you feel inclined to provide would be Great! :D

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
8, 3, 9. 5s are usually cool people too. One of my best friends atm is a 5.

Most 7s are simply NOT my thing at all -- no offense meant to OP, I don't even know you anyway -- (my brother is a probable 7 and a biiiig exception) and other 6s sometimes weird me out. No real opinion on the other types because I've met great people and lame people in nearly equal numbers.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
8, 3, 9. 5s are usually cool people too. One of my best friends atm is a 5.

Most 7s are simply NOT my thing at all -- no offense meant to OP, I don't even know you anyway -- (my brother is a probable 7 and a biiiig exception) and other 6s sometimes weird me out. No real opinion on the other types because I've met great people and lame people in nearly equal numbers.
No offense taken! I wanted honest feedback!

Thanks for participating! :D

Reactions: Vermillion

·
Registered
925 Posts
I love and trust a lot of the twos I know. I like a lot of sixes but it does feel like a head game at times. I admire fives and like learning about their unique niches. Sevens are fun and I'm trying to get out of my bubble more to meet them. 4s and 9s are probably my favorite activity partners. 4s for like artistic type events and the 9s that I know that are outdoorsy. 8s it just depends. I like when they are direct and to the point but I don't like when they are controlling. I try to ignore that aspect for the most part and hope to find even ground with them, if they are reasonable. I really just like to get a long with most people anymore. As for ones I guess I need to brush up on the ones in my life because I don't think I easily identify with them or know of who in my life is possibly a one.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Boring answer, I know, but I feel it depends more on the individual. Although some types I can find more attractive in theory, that doesn't mean I'll necessarily get along with someone of that type in reality.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boring answer, I know, but I feel it depends more on the individual. Although some types I can find more attractive in theory, that doesn't mean I'll necessarily get along with someone of that type in reality.
Any way you could be more specific? :tongue:

Jot down a few notes about types you get along with, or types you don't?

If not, that's cool - - I appreciate your comment, but would also love to hear more! :)

·
Registered
3,545 Posts

HAHA. Why's that?
Every 6 I've met (met = gotten to know personally) has either been a little obsessive, paranoid, dull or scheming. Perhaps I've just been immensely unlucky. And I wonder if I give off a similar negative impression to other people -_-

But anyway, I usually don't get along with people who lack a certain degree of straightforwardness, simplicity and determination. They shouldn't have convoluted minds, because if I can't handle my mind being so convoluted, it's simply impossible for me to also deal with a friend with that sort of mind. I prefer stable people who balance me out. At least, that's what my experience has taught me, but I'd love to be proved wrong and have that pattern changed.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Every 6 I've met (met = gotten to know personally) has either been a little obsessive, paranoid, dull or scheming. Perhaps I've just been immensely unlucky. And I wonder if I give off a similar negative impression to other people -_-

But anyway, I usually don't get along with people who lack a certain degree of straightforwardness, simplicity and determination. They shouldn't have convoluted minds, because if I can't handle my mind being so convoluted, it's simply impossible for me to also deal with a friend with that sort of mind. I prefer stable people who balance me out. At least, that's what my experience has taught me, but I'd love to be proved wrong and have that pattern changed.

Hm, sounds like you've just been unlucky...Scheming, yes. Obessive/Paranoid/Dull, no. Those must have been unhealthy 6s.

yeah, I agree. I as well tend to attract/connect better with straightforward people. To hell with 'beating around the bush' aint nobody got time fo' dat

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Hm, sounds like you've just been unlucky...Scheming, yes. Obessive/Paranoid/Dull, no. Those must have been unhealthy 6s.
Yeah I don't doubt they were.

yeah, I agree. I as well tend to attract/connect better with straightforward people. To hell with 'beating around the bush' aint nobody got time fo' dat
Word! I don't like dealing with nitpicking, mind games, and all the related bullshit.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Probably nines. Relaxed and not on guard with them. I do have a 6 in the family (6w7) and I think that I get him more that he gets me. Behind all those build up walls and an iron armor, I can see his anxiety. I have another family member that is 1w2 - we do understand each other but sometimes they can be very inflexible (not toward me but dogmatic). 4w5 in my family is moody and unpredictable but I accept that because we are very close although it could be an anxiety causing drama.

Reactions: o0india0o

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
1, 2, & 3 depending on health levels. 5, 6 and 7 regardless (for the most part). 8 more than 9 but 9's are cool (so long as they're not wanting a romantic connection).

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
1 and 9 feel easy.

8 takes work but it pays off. The work is exhausting though. I could handle dozens of nines in my life. I think two 8s would probably be my limit.

7 and 3 work better when kept at a friendly distance. Have fun together but not much deeper.

6 stresses the hell out of me. Have yet to meet one I could breathe around. We fed off each other.

2 and 4... They're great. But, get below a certain level of health and I find them particularly, personally annoying.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I get along with 9s, 5s, and 1s. 6s and 8s can be hit-and-miss. 3s, 4s, and 7s seem like they come from different worlds- I can't relate to them at all. I don't know that I've actually known a 2 beyond "casual acquaintance" level.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts