Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me open by saying I pretty much started this thread just to ask this question: does anyone else find they associate mostly with the batshit crazy ENTPs like The Joker and Alex from A Clockwork Orange? This isn't even me convincing myself of this, the first time I saw A Clockwork Orange I came home and told my mom how Alex's thought process was exactly like mine. A few months later I took the MB and find that he was also an ENTP and it sort of disturbs me but it's good to know that there are others-although fictional-out there who think the way I do.
That being said, I do not behave the way Alex did. I do not have the will to harm anything which hasn't harmed me and I am (whilst strange) a social person. I feel that Alex is a projection of what I would be/could be if I were to ever completely "snap" shall we say?

Anyway, my question to you guys is do any of you share these musings or am I one of an already small group?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Really? I absolutely hate Alex :/ I would hate to associate/compare myself to someone who causes pain to people for fun, but I understand what you mean.
As far as real people go, I am very much similar to Oscar Wilde from what I've read. For fictional characters...well the one I most related with (not sure anymore) was an INTJ, but do you know Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist? I am very similar to him.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't typically find people "like" me, fictional or otherwise. I find I have no way to know who I am quantitatively, so I just don't try.

I have more of an obsession with wishing I had personality traits of certain people, just because they so damned chill. Grass is always greener, though.

Like this guy; one smooth operator:

james-spader-the-office.jpg

Reactions: marzipan01

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I'm a mix between Jim Carey, and Dr. Who.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm a mix between Jim Carey, and Dr. Who.
I have people tell me I look like Jim Carrey all the time. They tell me it's not how I look though; it is the facial expressions I make. Apparently I make so many different faces/change them so quick they're like how Jim Carrey's face moves.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Real-life ENTP.:

I've seen interviews of the man, and heard stories, and there's no way on God's green earth I'd be a successful physicist but the way Richard Feynman said he saw the world is pretty much the way I see it.

Fictional ENTP:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree on the Tony Stark one. I act like him quite a bit (the one from the movies) except I am not attractive to girls; I have a unique issue with this. Girls like me and the way I act...then they get to know me and they're either terrified, confused, or immediately attached. Only ones who immediately attach are psycho bitches too. Feels kinda terrible to know people like your appearance and articulation but absolutely hate who you are.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I have people tell me I look like Jim Carrey all the time. They tell me it's not how I look though; it is the facial expressions I make. Apparently I make so many different faces/change them so quick they're like how Jim Carrey's face moves.
They just tell me that I've very animated and funny like him.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Same here. Kinda alarming though, considering he's probably a lunatic.
I get the lunatic stereotype all the time. I'm constantly thinking and can't stop. Often I think out loud as well. This is bad because it makes people think I'm insane. I've made a standard habit of wearing a blue tooth device on my ears as much as humanly possible. That way, when I'm talking to myself, people just think that I'm on the phone with someone and not a mad man.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I act like Richard Feynman simply because I have a ton of hobbies and interest. Feynman was a physicist, artist, musician, molecular biologist, computer scientist, womanizer and jokester. Everything seemed painfully obvious to this man much to the rest of the human race's sharing. I come off like Jim Halpert from the Office though, because I usually stay quite. I also pull a ton of pranks, my freshman year dorm RA can attest to that fact.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I agree on the Tony Stark one. I act like him quite a bit (the one from the movies) except I am not attractive to girls; I have a unique issue with this. Girls like me and the way I act...then they get to know me and they're either terrified, confused, or immediately attached. Only ones who immediately attach are psycho bitches too. Feels kinda terrible to know people like your appearance and articulation but absolutely hate who you are.
Dont feel too bad. I"m an asshole magnet. I continually attract people who think im dumber than a box of rocks. And I'm 5 times smarter than all of them combined. Thats modesty, right there, pure understatement.

and yet, I am quite dense and gullible when it comes to being manipulated. I have attracted the worst kinds of guys for me. I'm getting over it. I shut them out as soon as I realize. Currently single, and enjoying it, for the most part. I am F*cking baffled by the number of aholes that think i'm stupid. I'm absolutely flabbergasted. All manipulative feeler types, as well.

I have some kind of quality that attracts them, makes them think i'll be a sucker, and then they're surprised when i show my strength. I have some quality thats misinterpreted as weakness....not to sound pretend angelic, but i draw energy from seeing people happy, and have a deep need to nurture...its not a "woman" thing...i believe its a gift, but comes with a curse. Its a quality i value, and few decent people do.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You beat me to it. :shocked:

I also can identify very strongly with Stephen Fry.
Shit, you're from Lancashire. I'm originally from South Yorks. However nothing about me would make you think I'm from there. More people have guessed that I'm more Southampton. Some have asked if I'm a Scouse. They're like "You're accent it's got a bit of scouse in it?"

Ummm no. Anyways that's not the point, and I was digressing there. My point was the fact that Americans tend to associate to Richard Feynman, and I do like Richard Feynman, he's a rather insightful person, although I find like you said as well that Fry is more similar in thinking processes. Perhaps it's a cultural thing, that The British are rather more reserved and controlled? I don't know I'm speculating which is leading me to nowhere.

Anyways Hi AppleCat. I think you're awesome because of the aforementioned qualities.

Dont feel too bad. I"m an asshole magnet. I continually attract people who think im dumber than a box of rocks. And I'm 5 times smarter than all of them combined. Thats modesty, right there, pure understatement.
That sounds sucky. For myself I've just given up on the time to care about women. The terrible ones are clingy, and easy, and psycho - Which makes me completely disinterested. The good ones, that i'm generally interested, have got something up, like getting over something, stuck with a terrible boyfriend, or it's simply the case they give an interest at their workplace, and that's the only place I see them.

So yeah paying is far more easy, you skip the pain, you get the reward, and you don't end up climbing the walls.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts