Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Vizier, Im jumping on your coat tails here as you created the thread about what fictional characters people like, I thought id make one about the characters people despise.

Bella Swan (Twilight) - seriously, Bella infuriates me to no end. I disliked her in the books and furthermore on the screen as well. She's so indecisive and i find that bothers me a lot. Sorry to hate on her Twilight fans.

Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter) - wow that woman knew how to make my blood boil. Nasty woman!

Johnny Storm (Fantastic 4) - I found him to be immature and downright annoying in the movie.

Sam Witwicky (Transformers) - I liked the cartoon version of him, did not like the way he was played in the movie by Shia Labeouf.

·
Registered
440 Posts
i dont know the name of the story but i guess i have to say the MATCHSTICK girl
you know the story of a girl who sells matchstick to people and during winter she dies? or something

i mean she had all the possible means to POWER = FIRE!!
i think she shouldn't have been too nice or kind to people or vulnerable or ohh i am so sad.. kind of.. weak.. i think instead she should have been FOKK ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO DONT CARE ABOUT THE WEAKS! IM A LITTLE GIRL AND THEY DONT FEED ME FOKK THEM AND FIRE THE TOWN AND I MA SURVIVE AND GET WHAT I WANT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS IN 5 YEARS YA BASTAZ kind of thing you know?
and when she needed heat to survive she should have fired the whole town or something that way she could have survived, kept her body warm.. and even if she goes to prison she will be fed you know? so i wish she had more of a gutter survivalistic and not feel sorry for herself attitude and not be melancholic and weak and say FOKKK OFF and really found her place in this shitty world.. i feel sorry for her though.. but i am sure she now might have reincarnated as terminator or something powerful you know?

or id like to apply the same to the story FLANDER's DOG you see.. he should have not died!!!! he should have instead trained his dog to kill bad people and take their goods or if that's too much hunt animals for him so that he can survive... the world is no place for OHHH I AM SO WEAK .. i mean i like the nice and conscience and kind and good aspect of it but the nature is not this way.. instead he should have bred his dog and eat them or sell them make money and live you know.. no room for melancholia

i mean both of them died in frozen winter.. seriously they should have fired the whole town and survived or die of suicide or choice but not die by ohhhh i am sad and holly and sublime ohh i am so sad poor thing not this.. you know? so people should teach children in a way to have more of a survival instrict and fight for it.. of course take care of other people when possible.. but when things go rough.. one has to know how to BITE

korea is infected with similar ohh i am so poor sad there is no hope weak vulnerable mediocre attitude so its important to fight

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dolores Umbridge - need I explain?
St John (Jane Eyre) - he's so selfish that he can't see or understand anyone else

·
Registered
627 Posts
-Trouble Kelp(from the Artemis Fowl series): Bureaucracy >.>
-Ron Weasley : Such a cry baby.
-William Hamleigh(Pillars of the Earth): The biggest douche bag ever created.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Daenerys Targaryen also. I always hated that story arc.

Tony Stark/Iron Man always gets on my nerves for some reason. I think it's his lack of anonymity. Wanting to be in the spotlight all the time is more akin to a villain.

Peter Keating. He's a compromising shithead.

Will update as I remember more.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,417 Posts
I liked reading about Dolores Umbridge because she was a colorful character, and that book is my favorite in the Harry Potter series...I would have hated her if she were in my life, though. With a passion.

The protagonist from Aviator. I don't remember his name. He was such a controlling, self-centered jerk I almost felt his resulting madness was well deserved...but then they had to go and CELEBRATE him for it! Ugh. (Perhaps I could be sympathetic if I actually knew about the real man the movie was trying to depict?)

Can't think of many others. I tend to see fictional characters via how well they're written and their depth. For instance, I hated Kitiara from Dragonlance when she was just a fan-service tough girl who's sole purpose seemed to be seducing Tanis. But then when they fleshed her out more realistically in Dragons of the Highlord Skies, I grew to really like her.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I despise Harry Potter and everything that has to do with that series. Totally corny, even for a children's book. The fact that adults love Harry Potter, frankly, is sad.

Oh and I never liked Dick Seargent's version of Darren Stevens on Bewitched. I don't know why, I always thought Dick York was better. Less dry humor, perhaps???

I don't know.

wtf.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Prince Blueblood from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. What a dick. Arrogance doesn't really bother me, but entitlement certainly does. He meets a national hero and promptly treats her like shit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll admit I'm a bit surprised at that Daenerys hate. From what I understand she's usually typed as an INFJ and that besides she's got a pretty fervent fandom in both the books and the television series.

For what it's worth, I don't think her story (in the novels) gets all that engaging until the middle of the third book. Her chapters in the first book are interesting but they're pretty disconnected from the rest of what's going on and the second book mostly consists of her sitting in Qarth, trying to figure out what to do. It's only in the third book (and third season of the TV show) that she really begins to own her role as a queen, both as a military leader and later as a stateswoman. By the end of A Storm of Swords she was one of my favorite characters, despite my initially feeling very little about her in comparison with other lead protagonists. Later on, in the fifth book, I can understand why some readers would get frustrated or angry with her, considering everything that goes on there (I'll avoid spoilers and won't say anything specific). I kind of disagree with those sentiments and actually think her arc in the fifth book was pretty interesting and did a really good job at exposing the difficulties of governance, but it certainly wasn't fun in the traditional sense of the word.

On the whole, I really like Dany, although I do think the TV version of the character looses some of the subtlety that made her so interesting in the books. TV Daenerys is all "fire and blood," whereas the book version of the character is a lot more complicated.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I hate Padme and I hate Anakin. Most lukewarm on screen relationship I can think of. Anakin is a massive wuss, and Padme is a weak heroine figure.

In mass effect I don't like Ashley because she's a genophobe, Kaidan is too generic, Jacob is annoying. Kai Leng is a terrible villain too, he's so weak and terrible yet in the cutscenes he whoops my ass for reasons. Just reasons.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Jack Shephard from Lost. God I hated him. He made the dumbest decisions, insisted on being difficult, acted self-righteous, needed to be in charge of everything, and cried over EVERYTHING. Ugh.

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
I can't stand Snow White from the Once Upon a Time Series. At first I thought to myself, "Oh, she is a sweet and loving person." Her kindness and emotions started to become a fault, and they make me sick now.

I'll come back with more later possibly.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts