Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some issues with a person in my life at the moment and was wanting to know which function or functions are most likely to become obstructive and interferring in known processes. The behaviours and associated motivations look like this...

- Person hates to be cut out of processes. Very protective of the fact that all things must go through him.
- Consistently demonstrates a lack of understanding about processes and wants to tailor existing processes to suit himself. So lets say that getting item B usually involves, putting in paperwork via him, and then the back office would deliver the item when it's ready directly to the user. This person is accepting the paperwork, then wanting to relay messages between back office and end user to control the delivery of item B and ensure it comes only through him.
- Fails to take into account the experience level and skills of individuals when offering assistance, treats all people as if they have no idea. This leads to a lot of resentment amoung the experienced people in the group because he fails to acknowledge others as individuals and having skills and experience that make them qualified for certain things.
- He is consistently viewed by others as being controlling and insecure.
- His mannerisms come off as nervous, insincere and manipulative. He has gained low levels of trust amoung the people who have dealt with him for any length of time. All people seek to avoid him in daily contact.

So any idea's on which function is likely to be responsible for micro-managing to this degree.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, I hadn't even considered that. Being a Te user myself I tend to do the opposite in stress situations. I let go and turn away from that. But then this is different because this is normal, not a stress situation so maybe there is something to that. Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Interesting, I hadn't even considered that. Being a Te user myself I tend to do the opposite in stress situations. I let go and turn away from that. But then this is different because this is normal, not a stress situation so maybe there is something to that. Thanks.
As a Te-dom, I can see some of those tendencies in myself. I don't *think* I'm particularly unhealthy, and I really hope I don't come across that way to people, but yeah. Especially when I'm stressed. I get so much more uptight.

I'm wondering if the "let go and turn away from that" has anything to do with inferior Se? From what I can tell (mostly going with experience with Se-dom people I know...), Se reacts that way in stressful situations. It de-stresses by seeking distraction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts