Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught myself thinking this a moment ago, and it made me wonder which functions might be involved in it.

I was thinking about how it would be fun to have people come over and play games at my place when I move to the city for my major in September.

But then I suddenly imagined this:
I'm sitting in a room around a table with a couple of people, and suddenly they start throwing stuff around. I get annoyed and tell them to clean it up. They refuse and I send them away. On the way out they throw something over and laugh. I feel horrible.

Suddenly I don't feel as optimistic about my previous idea anymore. Now I'm doubting if I want to let people into my place at all, since they could cause all sorts of damage.

Can anyone relate to this sort of thinking? And do you have an idea which functions this might be related to?

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I would call that the pessimistic function. XD LOL. I'm just kidding. I'm honestly not too sure, but I know that I do this myself so you're not alone. If I were to take a superficial guess, I suppose Ni.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I'm not sure what function either but I can relate.

My friend will suggest going to the beach.

I'm thinking that sounds be fun. Then I start to imagine how it would play out, we get there, walk on the sand, go swimming, get all sticky and sandy, sit on the beach, hang around for a long time even though we did everything already, then leave.

Suddenly I don't feel so excited any more and realize how boring it all is just doing stuff (I'm not a hands on person :p).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.