Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im talking about the function that always pushes boundaries, makes people uncomfortable intentionally and so on because he/she finds it fun.

What is basically called, reaction seeking.

Is it Ne? Or maybe Se?

I dont think Te or Fe could do this....how about a introvert function?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It could be Se, it can be agressive that way just to get a reaction. It's impulsive, not always in a bad way though.

The "dark side" of Fe can be interested in emotionally tormenting people for pure enjoyement.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
IMO, a necessary requirement is having a weak F function. But from my understanding of Se after reading Socionics and Jung's ideas, I'd argue that it's a Se trait.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
The immature function.
Fight me.

Also, Pe.

Se does much more obvious and blatant types of ridiculousness; i.e going crazy and doing something that wouldn't be expected, etc.

Ne does this in a more nuanced way, like, in general with their type of humor and such. I'm not sure how to describe it, but at some point I do LOVE getting people to react in a certain way and taken a certain joy in it. And, at some level, it could be concerned with certain types of innovation. Actually, both could be concerned with innovation, yet Ne is almost about changing the discourse or introducing a revolutionary aspect.

Eh?

Chances are, this is more related to enneagram than anything.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Fight me.
If you were here ... right now, at this moment this would be your fate:

Dancer Performing arts Performance Dance Animation

A swift and masterful hurricane kick acquired under the mentorship of the exceptional Ken Masters. My big toe is has exceeded the experience required to destroy your jaw bone. Test me.

Apologies for going off-topic. But this needed to be said.

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2 Sx/So
3,373 Posts
Ne.

My ENFP boyfriend has admitted that he does ridiculous things or makes ridiculous statements frequently purely for the sake of seeing what kind of reaction he'll get.

Se might do this as well. I know that when I'm especially tired (which is probably when Se, my fourth function, takes over) I start doing/saying stupid things to try and get a reaction too.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Raw reaction is the realm of Se, so I'm tempted to go with Se even though this would often go beyond functions. I think it's a really wide misconception that this is the realm of Ne -- digging for possibilities through prodding for information sure, but prodding for reaction seems so much more in the sensing realm.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Ne.

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
Extroverted perception. Se goes for the 'Why would someone do that???' while Ne goes more for the 'Why would someone say that???' edge, although both go for both.

I think that therefore, people with Pe in the top of their stack are more likely to be like this, and those with Pe at the bottom less so. That makes EP's the ultimate gladflies, and IJ's the least likely to be so.

Which, in my experience, holds true. A Pe person will be dissapointed if there is no reaction to a joke they make, a Pi person will be fine if they are the only one who thinks it is funny.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I'd go so far as to say that all of the extroverted ones want a reaction in some sense of the word:

Fe - wants an emotional response (something pertaining to a desired feeling response for the situation)
Te - wants an intellectual response (something argumentative or witty)
Se - wants a physical response (something pertaining to energy and physicality)
Ne - wants a novel response (something not seen before)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.