Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though there are many, here is one I relate to strongly:

"When an INFP supports a particular project or goal, they can get an extraordinary amount of work done in a short time. On the other hand, INFPs tend to procrastinate and are dissatisfied by detailed work not related to one of their important values." (INFP Profile - INFP Mailing List)

Here is a link to several INFP descriptions:

INFP (Dreamer) Personality Type - Jungian

·
Registered
957 Posts
I relate to almost everything ever said about INFPs. Here are a few highlights, found at the following link:

Portrait of an INFP

"Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives?"

"INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper."

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It's hard to say. I never really related as much to INFP descriptions as an INFP as I used to relate to INFJ descriptions when I was an INFJ.
However, this is a pretty good one. Socionics-based, though.

·
Registered
957 Posts
It's hard to say. I never really related as much to INFP descriptions as an INFP as I used to relate to INFJ descriptions when I was an INFJ.
However, this is a pretty good one. Socionics-based, though.
Wait, you changed personality types? Tell me how!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Always trying to find find out their meaning in life, trying to make the world a better place.
That and being genuinely nice and interested in other peoples story. Plus I can never understand the whole "screwing other people over because it's fun/more efficient/cost effective/makes me look better/gets me out of trouble", bs. Don't think I ever will understand how people conform to that idea.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Wait, you changed personality types? Tell me how!!
Hahaha, well what had happened was, I was really always an INFP by nature, but I acted like an INFJ (like, exactly like a typical INFJ type description, even before I knew about MBTI) as a survival instinct/adaptive mechanism. Then once I started getting out of that situation, getting healthy, comfortable, developing all my functions, I naturally eased into my true INFP nature.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
"They will find great satisfaction if they encourage and develop their artistic abilities...the act of "creating" will be a fulfilling source of renewal and refreshment to the INFP"

Absolutely sums me up..well, just about. Since I've been able to know what a career was, I've always wanted to be something where I could create something, polish my skills at it, and be the best person there is at it while shunning publicity. Every year, it is a different career! One year I wanted to be a fashion designer, next a photographer. Sigh..now I am going to college for medicine. Great, lol.

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
I like the one I posted in the Articles section:

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/21683-infp-you-introverted-feeling-type.html

I like what's at the meyersbriggs.org site about INFPs:

My MBTI Personality Type - MBTI Basics - The 16 MBTI Types

I like this one:

Portrait of an INFP

The worst is the similar minds one (likes the rain? wat?)

INFP - Jung Type Descriptions

And one of the worst IMHO is here at PC:

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/12774-socionics-description-best-infp-guide-ever-written.html

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
INFPs present a calm, pleasant face to the world. They appear to be tranquil and peaceful to others, with simple desires. In fact, the INFP internally feels his or her life intensely. In the relationship arena, this causes them to have a very deep capacity for love and caring which is not frequently found with such intensity in the other types. The INFP does not devote their intense feelings towards just anyone, and are relatively reserved about expressing their inner-most feelings. They reserve their deepest love and caring for a select few who are closest to them.

In my home growing up, we weren't allowed to express how we felt -- so I became better at hiding it than most.
To this day, I have friends and family members who still think me, "bubbly and non-challant". lol. They couldn't be more wrong.
When I read this, I felt in an instant more understood than I had all my life.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Personally, I love the creative part of being an infp. I also love the harmony that I try to achieve in daily life. I love that we infps are generally loving people and are interested in what other people have to say. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Almost all INFP descriptions I've read seem to describe me pretty well, but this one was the best in my opinion.

Conversations with Harmonizer Clarifiers (INFP).

"I am a global thinker and I like to learn interactively. My thoughts need to be connected with some person or value. On reflection, don’t all thoughts have to be connected to something? I feed new information into other things I’ve read and my thoughts, and I can have a marvelous time just sitting with ideas. And I like to discuss or write things because I seem to have a lot in my head and I’ve got to get it out."

Reactions: susurration

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring.... They appear to be tranquil and peaceful to others, with simple desires. In fact, the INFP internally feels his or her life intensely.... this causes them to have a very deep capacity for love and caring which is not frequently found with such intensity in the other types.
INFPs direct their energy inward. They are energized by spending time alone. They are private and internally aware. INFPs are independent and keep to themselves most of the time.
They set high standards for themselves and strive for perfection, integrity and honesty.
....their ability to be present with another person at a deep level. On one hand they are playful, fun and posses a unique sense of humor. On the other hand they are intense and serious
INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest.... They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things.
If they ever do go against their values, they will atone for it without telling anyone about it.
They are often so preoccupied with self-awareness that they fail to notice outside activities, giving them an almost other-worldly quality.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts