Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What core type and wing(s) are you? Which of these conversations can you relate to most? What are your stacking? I wonder what variant(s) that enjoys discussions about religion, politics and sex without getting emotional about it?

Topics SP (Self-Preservation) types might bring up in conversation: food, dining out, dieting, nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, quality or durability of objects, clothing, design, home decor, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, strength, vitality, sickness, death, discomfort, noise, safety, security, environment, resource management, physical sciences, engineering, architecture.

Topics SO (Social) types might bring up in conversation: cultural and political movements and developments, social activism, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship, family, inclusion/exclusion, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, fashion, glamour, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs, group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence (so-first people sometimes refer to themselves using pronouns "we" or "us" or "our" as if they are the group).

Topics SX (Sexual) types might bring up in conversation: their personal experiences, personal attractions, personal likes and dislikes, innermost wants and wishes, relationships, their family, children, and friends, friendship, closeness, intimacy, sex, mating, beauty, attractiveness, personal feelings and mental states, excitement, intensity, desire, obsession, liveliness, rebelliousness, action sports, gender and gender roles, femininity/masculinity. (sx-first people often report having strong personal preferences).

Source:
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/133-Instinctual-Stackings

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
SP and SX seem most like me, in that order.

I don't understand completely the SP instinctual variant. Often it is described as having a strong focus on the physical aspect of self preservation. I can't always relate to this, as as a headtype I'm often neglecting or finding certain physical aspects irrelevant. Does it extend into self preservation in more abstract terms, pertaining to inner world and protecting this from outside intrusion? The analogy of a fortified castle has come up.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Haven't looked into subtypes. Is OPs list valid? If it is I'm SO>SP>SX.

Reactions: KJ Always

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Sp/so by a long shot. Almost everything on the sx list draws a knee jerk "why would I care about that" response.

I actually relate to very little on the sp list: I am more sp mentally than physically. But give me a good educational course on prepping, survival, disaster preparedness, material self sufficiency, financial independence, self-sustaining agriculture, etc, and I melt with happiness. I love that stuff.

EDIT: actually, on further thought, I think I channel sp through education. I strongly view education as a key component to true self sufficiency. If the knowledge is there, all else can follow.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Bold = frequently and joyfully
Italic = enjoy it if it's being discussed, sometimes bring up
No change = neutral or n/a
Strikethrough = dislike topic of coversation

Topics SP (Self-Preservation) types might bring up in conversation: food, Sometimes I like this, but I get really annoyed when it goes on for too long dining out, Only if we're like choosing which restaurant or something dieting, I bring it up so that people know I'm trying)))) nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, quality or durability of objects, clothing, design, home decor, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, strength, vitality, sickness, death, discomfort, noise, as in complaining about noise - yes safety, security, environment, resource management, physical sciences, engineering, architecture.

Topics SO (Social) types might bring up in conversation: cultural and political movements and developments, social activism, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship, family, inclusion/exclusion, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, fashion, glamour, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs, group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence (so-first people sometimes refer to themselves using pronouns "we" or "us" or "our" as if they are the group).

Topics SX (Sexual) types might bring up in conversation: their personal experiences, personal attractions, personal likes and dislikes, innermost wants and wishes, relationships, their family, children, and friends, friendship, closeness, intimacy, sex, mating, beauty, attractiveness, personal feelings and mental states, excitement, intensity, desire, obsession, liveliness, rebelliousness, action sports, gender and gender roles, femininity/masculinity. (sx-first people often report having strong personal preferences).

edit: oh, most people seem to think I'm sp-first, maybe sp/so, I'm not sure though

Reactions: KJ Always

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Topics SP (Self-Preservation) types might bring up in conversation: food (even though I don't particularly enjoy talking about this, I can get obsessive about it), dining out, dieting, nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, quality or durability of objects, clothing, design, home decor, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, strength, vitality, sickness, death, discomfort, noise, safety, security, environment, resource management, physical sciences, engineering, architecture.

Topics SO (Social) types might bring up in conversation: cultural and political movements and developments, social activism, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship (would probably bring it up more if I actually had friends too), family, inclusion/exclusion, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, fashion, glamour, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs, group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence (so-first people sometimes refer to themselves using pronouns "we" or "us" or "our" as if they are the group).

Topics SX (Sexual) types might bring up in conversation: their personal experiences (actually this one is confusing to me because I'm not sure why that's necessarily Sx, so it makes me wonder if I don't get what they're referring to), personal attractions, personal likes and dislikes, innermost wants and wishes, relationships, their family (but usually more annoyed or at least not in an Sx way), children (...really, ew), and friends, friendship, closeness, intimacy, sex, mating, beauty, attractiveness, personal feelings and mental states (well, I am a Feeler, so), excitement, intensity, desire, obsession, liveliness, rebelliousness, action sports, gender and gender roles, femininity/masculinity. (sx-first people often report having strong personal preferences).

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Now to me, the social topics are the only ones worth talking about.

I can tell you from years of experience with practice conversations in foreign languages, talking about food, my home, and other daily minutiae like under SP... really, really bores me. I would attribute this to Si-inf though.

What I really enjoy talking about is plants and animals (yes, really). What instinct is that? Also, sometimes stuff I'd say is typical ENTP stuff--my ideas, discussions about the ultimate nature of reality, life after death and other phenomena, science, the future of the world, etc. I'm not 100% sold on the "typing by frequency of conversational topics" thing, when it seems like there are other reasons someone would bring something up (or not).

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
The sx things just feel like Fe (relationships, family, friends) and Fi (likes and dislikes, closeness, innermost wants and wishes) to me, also seems like most heart types would relate more there

sp seems sp but also reminds me of Si and head types

I think some things are misleading too, for instance 'gender and gender roles' I see why that's sx but in the context of...like, how people tend to talk about it nowadays it seems much more so because any conversation about gender and gender roles becomes a conversation about gender politics, some other things also

·
Registered
ISFP
1,214 Posts

Topics SP (Self-Preservation) types might bring up in conversation: food, Sometimes I like this, but I get really annoyed when it goes on for too long dining out, Only if we're like choosing which restaurant or something dieting, I bring it up so that people know I'm trying)))) nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, quality or durability of objects, clothing, design, home decor, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, strength, vitality, sickness, death, discomfort, noise, as in complaining about noise - yes safety, security, environment, resource management, physical sciences, engineering, architecture.

edit: oh, most people seem to think I'm sp-first, maybe sp/so, I'm not sure though
wait... you put closeness in bold, but cross out intimacy?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think some things are misleading too, for instance 'gender and gender roles' I see why that's sx but in the context of...like, how people tend to talk about it nowadays it seems much more so because any conversation about gender and gender roles becomes a conversation about gender politics, some other things also
It could easily be a topic under "social", yes. Incidentally, any discussion of it sends me into a rage, as is true of much of what's listed under "sexual".

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Interesting!

Not sure if anyone cares but it's fun to think about what I like to talk about, so...... (I'm sx/so)

SP: food, dining out, dieting, nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, quality or durability of objects, clothing, design, home decor, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, strength, vitality, sickness, death, discomfort, noise, safety, security, environment, resource management, physical sciences, engineering, architecture.
Don't forget WEATHER!!

SO: cultural and political movements and developments, social activism, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship, family, inclusion/exclusion, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, fashion, glamour, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs, group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence

SX: their personal experiences, personal attractions, personal likes and dislikes, innermost wants and wishes, relationships, their family, children, and friends, friendship, closeness, intimacy, sex, mating, beauty, attractiveness, personal feelings and mental states, excitement, intensity, desire, obsession, liveliness, rebelliousness, action sports, gender and gender roles, femininity/masculinity.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Asity
SP and SX seem most like me, in that order.

I don't understand completely the SP instinctual variant. Often it is described as having a strong focus on the physical aspect of self preservation. I can't always relate to this, as as a headtype I'm often neglecting or finding certain physical aspects irrelevant. Does it extend into self preservation in more abstract terms, pertaining to inner world and protecting this from outside intrusion? The analogy of a fortified castle has come up.
I do not understand how SP is your most dominant topics of conversation after reading your post about it. Help me to understand.

pwowq
Haven't looked into subtypes. Is OPs list valid? If it is I'm SO>SP>SX.
I apologize for not having the link available for you to read more about it. I have added the link as the source. Yes, this is a valid list. Sexual may not be a consistent name among Enneagram Teachers/ Authors. Some uses the name Intimate, Relational, One on One, etc...

​Coburn
Sp/so by a long shot. Almost everything on the sx list draws a knee jerk "why would I care about that" response.

I actually relate to very little on the sp list: I am more sp mentally than physically. But give me a good educational course on prepping, survival, disaster preparedness, material self sufficiency, financial independence, self-sustaining agriculture, etc, and I melt with happiness. I love that stuff.

EDIT: actually, on further thought, I think I channel sp through education. I strongly view education as a key component to true self sufficiency. If the knowledge is there, all else can follow.
That does sound like Self-Preservation stuff to me. It sounds like it is about survival related stuff. I am surprised they left survival off the list. They did include security and safety instead, which sounds a lot like your list. Finance is listed as Money on the list. Agriculture is listed as food. Yea, you sound pretty Sp to me! You are more the raw deal or seriously Self-Preservation, especially before our world got too manufactured. :tongue:

The Night's Queen

I love the Night Queen song in Mozart's Magic Flute. Did you know she was inspired by his own mother-in-law. Hahaha. Mozart is hilarious! I love that Night Queen song. I thought I would mention that since your name reminds me of her.

That is a good idea of having your system of how to share your connection to each word. From what I can see of your list, you don't appear to be dominant Sp to me based on that. There is a link you can read more about it. I finally added it on there for you guys to enjoy, explore and learn more.

Lord Bullingdon
What I really enjoy talking about is plants and animals (yes, really). What instinct is that? Also, sometimes stuff I'd say is typical ENTP stuff--my ideas, discussions about the ultimate nature of reality, life after death and other phenomena, science, the future of the world, etc. I'm not 100% sold on the "typing by frequency of conversational topics" thing, when it seems like there are other reasons someone would bring something up (or not).
That is a good question. Death was listed under Sp. I hope someone else will attempt to answer your question. If not, you can always ask in a new post if you don't get the desired response here. I am curious to know the answer too. That was a good curiosity provoking question you asked! Thanks.

​The Night's Queen
Hi Again! I think some things are misleading too, for instance 'gender and gender roles' I see why that's sx but in the context of...like, how people tend to talk about it nowadays it seems much more so because any conversation about gender and gender roles becomes a conversation about gender politics, some other things also
I can relate to what you are saying. I have observed both to be true. If we are speaking about culture, tradition, religious expectations or political related subjects, then I have to agree it is more Social. I focus on gender as who am I, especially when I get confused by the topics of what each gender is supposed to like as gifts or behavior. I don't fit the stereotypical gender norms and don't care to. I prefer the gadgets (technology) over jewelry, perfume and clothing. I really want a drome! Hahaha! I am who I am. How about you?

Angelo
That is a very interesting observation. How do you have closeness without intimacy? How do you have intimacy without closeness? Are they perceived as two different things? I am curious to know more about this response too.

Lord Bullingdon
It could easily be a topic under "social", yes. Incidentally, any discussion of it sends me into a rage, as is true of much of what's listed under "sexual".
I admit, I am curious to know why would this particular topic of 'gender and gender roles send you into a rage? That sounds pretty intense. What is about the Sexual variant sends you into a rage? I never heard that one before.

I can understand not enjoying the conversation. I personally wonder why does many Social types focus so energy on knowing the details of celebrities and politicians private lives. I get bored hearing that stuff. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the people I already know. And they get so emotional or obsessed about these people that they do not know or never seen in person before. When I see celebrities, they look like people to me nothing special. I cannot understand that sort of thing. Now, I want to understand your perspective on Sexual and raging on its topics.

charlie.elliot
Interesting!
Not sure if anyone cares but it's fun to think about what I like to talk about, so...... (I'm sx/so)
This is what this post is for...for you to share what is fun to talk about. I agree with you that it is fun to think about what I like to talk about too, sometimes. If it was not enjoyable or fun in some kind of way, we would not be talking or thinking about it unless we are just clones of other people...yikes! Hahaha!

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
@KJ Always

Yes, it's interesting. I don't talk about things that are sp because none of my friends share those interests. They're also not my go to topics of discussion. However, I am happy to discuss them when they do come up. But it's rare I meet someone who is as into those things as I am.

But yeah, it's hard to deny sp-dom. One of my longest running life fantasies is to live mostly off grid and support myself almost entirely through my own individual means. I want a fair amount of disconnect from many social structures. Don't think you can really get more sp than that.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Lord Bullingdon

That is a good question. Death was listed under Sp. I hope someone else will attempt to answer your question. If not, you can always ask in a new post if you don't get the desired response here. I am curious to know the answer too. That was a good curiosity provoking question you asked! Thanks.
:D

Thanks. Though by "life after death" I mean more like the questions..."Is heaven real? Do ghosts exist? Is God real? Can consciousness survive death? What is consciousness?" etc. I'm aware ideas of mortality itself are related to sp. Anyway, it's mainly a rhetorical question, so I don't expect answers really.

Lord Bullingdon
I admit, I am curious to know why would this particular topic of 'gender and gender roles send you into a rage? That sounds pretty intense. What is about the Sexual variant sends you into a rage? I never heard that one before.

I can understand not enjoying the conversation. I personally wonder why does many Social types focus so energy on knowing the details of celebrities and politicians private lives. I get bored hearing that stuff. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the people I already know. And they get so emotional or obsessed about these people that they do not know or never seen in person before. When I see celebrities, they look like people to me nothing special. I cannot understand that sort of thing. Now, I want to understand your perspective on Sexual and raging on its topics.
Well for one thing, I just think some of the topics like "sex/intimacy" are very personal, and it really disgusts me sometimes how people just wave it around like they own it. Some of the stuff like "intensity" "obsession" and "desires" just puts me in mind of the more lurid things people say on personality forums--like who the hell discusses "intensity" IRL?? *eyeroll* So just the fact that it's not even a realistic talking point, let alone anything I've ever heard irl people say about themselves irl...it's like, For real? Some of the other SX topics are fine I guess.

As to the "gender roles", I mean, I just have so many things to say. Like I've traveled the world a lot, and all the things we in the English-speaking world think are "male" and "female" behaviors aren't; it's worse when pop science "proves" certain things about them. People fight over them and form assumptions about what I'm like because of my biological gender. Ew. I will never fit my own gender role, and why should I? It disgusts me. Gender jokes piss me off. It all rubs me the wrong way. I guess I just think most of what we say about it is annoyingly stupid, and I have a passionate loathing towards it.

I agree what you say about celebrities, btw, I def don't think that's worth discussing. All the magazines out there about them baffle me.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Heh. I don't really start conversations. I think the 9 in my tritype just makes me go along with whatever the other person wants. I've been wondering on working on actually choosing the conversation topic sometimes though. I've been practicing somewhat on it in the past with some successes but progress is on standby until I can finish other projects.

Apparently I'm so/sp. I don't really see myself on much of what's in there. Though, now that I think about it, the fact that I'm on PerC studying typology seems like a pretty social interest. And I wonder if I can find anyone with my interest to when I try a lot of different interests (Jack of all trades thanks to my Ne), I tend to like watching the people around it. Their comments under the videos. Their style of saying things. Their general beliefs, opinions and values done with the detached analysis of a psychologist. Then I like to figure out if I can predict what kind of things they'll say.

It was pretty weird being told when I made a typing thread that I was social first because even if I'm social first, I still tend to be ridiculously introverted. Social fives are still fives. I relate very much though with the idea of social fives not really socializing as much with people rather than having the ideal of social values, role models to follow. And as I watch for the social views of different cultures in different interests, I come to admire some and take it in my list of things to follow. If I had someone who is incredibly well read and open minded to discuss those things, I'd want to keep that person a friend for damn life.

Also for being sp second. I have little interest in health and fitness, but seeing how my interest in it is increasing as time passes (I heard health increases intelligence — Damn it! More knowledge!), I'd probably be a hardcore health nut by next year. Or maybe that's just developing tertiary Si. I seem to be remembering a lot more random past memories and details as time goes by. Also, sticking around with my incredible number of interests somewhat longer than before. Heh. Who knows? Physical sciences? Very. But I don't get why that's included in sp.

Reactions: Stellafera

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I do not understand how SP is your most dominant topics of conversation after reading your post about it. Help me to understand.
I'll highlight 'my' topics:

SP: food, dining out, dieting, nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, quality or durability of objects, clothing, design, home decor, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, strength, vitality, sickness, death, discomfort, noise, safety, security, environment, resource management, physical sciences, engineering, architecture.

SO: cultural and political movements and developments, social activism, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship, family, inclusion/exclusion, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, fashion, glamour, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs, group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence

SX: their personal experiences, personal attractions, personal likes and dislikes, innermost wants and wishes, relationships, their family, children, and friends, friendship, closeness, intimacy, sex, mating, beauty, attractiveness, personal feelings and mental states, excitement, intensity, desire, obsession, liveliness, rebelliousness, action sports, gender and gender roles, femininity/masculinity.

SP: I don't so much talk about stuff like 'savings', 'comfort'/'discomfort' as I am just aware of my own states internally, but for the rest, these are easy/interesting topics. I'm very much about self-sufficiency, I just don't talk about it.. because well, I don't need to.
SO: These are things I can talk about but I don't enjoy it very much, aside from the highlighted kind of topics.
SX: I do enjoy getting to know the other's personal experience of the world, get to know how they think and why and if I develop an attraction, get very close to them.

I tend to either prefer to talk very broadly about a topic (big picture rather than specific incidents) or zoom in very specifically on the individual next to me. Might have something to do with the fact that I'd rather steer clear from topics of conversation I have no or only little knowledge about.

·
Registered
817 Posts
What core type and wing(s) are you? Which of these conversations can you relate to most? What are your stacking? I wonder what variant(s) that enjoys discussions about religion, politics and sex without getting emotional about it?
Religion and especially politics are fun topics of conversation! You just have to speak carefully and temper your disagreements/cater them to each other.

If I did "bold what I find interesting" this list would probably just be solid black, so I'll do it by "what I'm likely to bring up".

Topics SP (Self-Preservation) types might bring up in conversation: food, dining out, dieting, nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, quality or durability of objects, clothing, design, home decor, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, strength, vitality, sickness, death, discomfort, noise, safety, security, environment, resource management, physical sciences, engineering, architecture.

Topics SO (Social) types might bring up in conversation: cultural and political movements and developments, social activism, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship, family, inclusion/exclusion, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, fashion, glamour, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs (I actually hate clubs, I prefer looser team dynamics), group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence (so-first people sometimes refer to themselves using pronouns "we" or "us" or "our" as if they are the group).

Turns out I like talking.

Basically what you'd expect from a So/Sp. Note that most of the Sx-stuff I bolded could equally fall under some other instinct. "Gender Roles" for example seems like a classic So topic of conversation. I think it's interesting that I like talking about appearances under the Sp wording ("appearance and looks") and So wording ("fashion, glamour") but feel uncomfortable with it under the Sx wording ("beauty, attractiveness").

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Yeah haha I was a little confused about what to bold and what not to
My idea was...for me discussing closeness implies conversations like..."I feel close to X", "Do you feel closer to X or Y?" "I feel more similar to this person than that person", degrees of closeness, maybe chemistry, analyzing the forces or elements that make people closer or less close...but intimacy suggests something more personal, not quantifiable, something really elemental between two people, the deepest way (or second-deepest way) you understand a relationship, looking from the inside, rather than from the inside, which for me is not really something to talk about because it is too personal, for me it feels like a little betrayal of some real to bring up in conversation the way I might bring up degrees of closeness.

Intimacy also has the suggestion of sex, which I didn't bold for religious reasons, I try not to talk about sex :D But in the context of sex 'intimacy' suggests a more uncomfortable body-centric ultra-gentle discussion of sex, which makes me uncomfortable, I think I have 1D Si so it's probably that kind of thing that really sends a shiver through my spine :D

Forgot to answer this
I can discuss most religious/political/social topics without getting emotional, there is one that makes me really genuinely angry and upset (I will keep it a secret). But while I'm having fun still other people are getting offended or upset; I do think I discuss things in a thoughtful and balanced way and make it clear that I don't consider the relationship to change due to disagreement, but my emotional expression does not really convey that to others and they think I am upset when I am not. So I do not have the mediating powers of a 9 :)

In my experience, 6s and 9s get the most really ruffled and antagonistic towards debates, but this also means that they enter conversations with more caution and attempts at peace-keeping, 1s can really discuss these things and remain civil, if 3s can be persuaded to take a stance, they too can

I love the Night Queen song in Mozart's Magic Flute. Did you know she was inspired by his own mother-in-law. Hahaha. Mozart is hilarious! I love that Night Queen song. I thought I would mention that since your name reminds me of her.
Me too)) It's actually not the first reason I chose this username, technically it's an obscure Game of Thrones reference, but I also like the concept with no reference - the Night's queen - and the idea that every time I post on a thread I sweep in with a "Der Höööölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen!"

I hadn't heard that; that's great)))

That is a good idea of having your system of how to share your connection to each word. From what I can see of your list, you don't appear to be dominant Sp to me based on that. There is a link you can read more about it. I finally added it on there for you guys to enjoy, explore and learn more.
Thanks)

Some of the stuff like "intensity" "obsession" and "desires" just puts me in mind of the more lurid things people say on personality forums--like who the hell discusses "intensity" IRL?? *eyeroll* So just the fact that it's not even a realistic talking point, let alone anything I've ever heard irl people say about themselves irl...it's like, For real? Some of the other SX topics are fine I guess.
I was assuming this did not actually mean 'discussing intensity' like 'Hey bro, I really love intensity' 'yeah me too, intensity is my whole world' 'but you haven't felt real intensity until you've made love on the top of a skyscraper in a thunderstorm and reached orgasm at the exact same time the whole building was electrocuted' 'what are you talking about that's fake intensity, you've never had an intense moment in your life, wait until someday you feel such strong unfulfillable desire that you literally travel in time'

(sorry, my imitation of forum discussion of intensity, which is common :D)

But rather, things that the speaker associates with intensity, things that are intense for the speaker, or degrees of intensity, similar to my degrees of closeness ^

obviously these words are vague enough to have a different meaning for everyone though

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@KJ Always

Yes, it's interesting. I don't talk about things that are sp because none of my friends share those interests. They're also not my go to topics of discussion. However, I am happy to discuss them when they do come up. But it's rare I meet someone who is as into those things as I am.

But yeah, it's hard to deny sp-dom. One of my longest running life fantasies is to live mostly off grid and support myself almost entirely through my own individual means. I want a fair amount of disconnect from many social structures. Don't think you can really get more sp than that.
I agree, that is strongly Self Pres!!!! Minimalism is a Self Pres thing as well. I think it is sad that you are not meeting people who share this wonderful thing in common with you. A lot of artistic types in the communities prefer to live that way. I rarely see those people anymore because I don't have a car now. I hope you will find people like that. I see them in Youtube videos as well. I find them fascinating, sometimes. They are strong to be able to live like that. Do you go to their online communities where you can communicate about the Sp topics you love? They do have them, right?

Reactions: Coburn
1 - 20 of 83 Posts