Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im talking about our rival personality...

personally I would say that the ENTP's are our biggest enemies :tongue: no offense to you guys but its kind of the truth.
ofc im not basing this on nothing...ENTP's are usually:

very egocentric
very selfish
Will allow 20 people to die in order to save themselves.
will always try to look for new ways to make people life impossible.

and a lot more...and INFJ's really hate all that ¬¬

once again...no offense to any of our ENTP friends reading this xp

and what do you think?

·
Registered
737 Posts

personally I would say that the ENTP's are our biggest enemies :tongue: no offense to you guys but its kind of the truth.

very egocentric
very selfish

and what do you think?
No. My 'enemy' has got to be an ESTJ or ESFJ.

·
Registered
733 Posts
very egocentric
Yeah, that's true of some. Even though we're described as such we really don't push it on anyone except when we want to be funny.

very selfish
Never. I've put myself in harm's way for others. From scolding bosses to vicious animals.

Only if you're our enemy. We are all about efficiency and over coming the impossible, whatever it may be. As NTs, we try to instill that kind of attitude on those we know.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's true of some. Even though we're described as such we really don't push it on anyone except when we want to be funny.

Never. I've put myself in harm's way for others. From scolding bosses to vicious animals.

Only if you're our enemy. We are all about efficiency and over coming the impossible, whatever it may be. As NTs, we try to instill that kind of attitude on those we know.
sorry if the description doesnt go with you :p

I just put it cus my friend is an ENTP and the guy is an extreme douchebag, not saying that you are all like that ofc, but I was pretty much referring to the kind of thing he does:

he thinks he is the shit, he always go walking around through hallways like "omg look at me im so badass! I make ladies go crazy and guys grow jealous!!!!"

if you dont reach "his standards" of beauty then you are an ugly person and he will not hesitate to critique you in the hardest way possible, for example he once SCOLDED me cus he had a beard and I was growing mine, so all of a sudden he said "dude, face it you look terrible with that beard! shave it! and let it grow!!!" (how would the beard grow after I shave it? I know you must shave it once in a while to make it look nicer, but it was still "fresh") or he will just look for faults in you or whatever you do...I once brought my sketchbook to class and I really was not showing it off to anyone, the guy asked me for it so I gave it to him, he saw the drawings, examinate them and said "dude they are awful, look at this horse his head is so flat and his legs are horrible" and I was like "thanks..."
the guy has no respect for women (his partner specially) he says "I will love you, I know that I have cheated on my previous girlfriends before...but its because I need a truly beautiful girl to love, like you, I wont cheat on you" he says that to EVERY GIRL that he wants to kiss...and all his girlfriends (or most of them) have been gorgeous girls, he just "loves" them for about 3 months and then he will look for a better girl (he cheated on his girlfriend like 40 times, and when the girl apparently cheated on him the guy almost killed her)
one of the worst things that he does, and the main reason why I think he is so selfish, is that if you are dating a girl...he will actually try TAKE HER AWAY FROM YOU! :angry: he will start socializing with the girl as soon as he realizes that you have a crush on her just so that he can take her away, kiss her and apparently "Love her" for a month until he finds a "better one"

he can be truly despicable sometimes, and I know a lot of ENTP's who are like that! sorry I really meant no offense

·
Registered
111 Posts
My worst enemy is a close-minded individual that wishes to remain ignorant for no particular reason. It's even worse if the person has power over anyone.

I have met a guy who said, "I want to remain close-minded." I don't see him anymore...fucker...

·
Banned
349 Posts

very egocentric
very selfish

and what do you think?
Wow. You should know only the worse version of ENTP's, but being them also Fe users like you (well, tert against aux), shouldn't their moral system be very similar to yours?

I think your "friends" are not really like that, but maybe they are too externally-oriented (unbalanced) so they could act as "mischievous childs".

(P.S. I also dislike a lot that kind of behavior)

I suppose the "worst enemy" of an INFJ could be a user who shares zero functions and is dominant in the opposite:

INFJ=NiFeTiSe --> TeSiNeFi=ESTJ, or something similar. Opposite moral system, perception etc.

I have no idea if this is true, I'm only speculating.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hmm I have an ENTP friend who is dear to me :)
I guess it's usually the sensors who drive me crazy instead...but it isn't a rule. For an example, I have an ESTJ friend and we balance each other out. Although we do not always agree on everything.

·
Registered
304 Posts
ENTPs are people I can handle in small doses as I like their wit and charm, however they are energy leaches and I can't handle that for too long, plus I find their insensitivity a bit annoying. ESTJs are the worst if you ask me - attention-seekers, anal, insensitive, rude and arrogant in my experience - then again I only know two ESTJs, so could be wrong lol :tongue:.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think it's silly to stereotype a single personality based on the traits that it has. I have met many, many awesome people of different personality types. Honestly, it's the person, not the type. With that being said, the people I don't get along with are usually ego-centric, caustic, have little-to-no regard for other people, think only for themselves, arrogant, narcissistic, or just flat-out mean. As far as I'm concerned, you can't tack all these attributes to a single personality type.

·
Banned
349 Posts
I don't have enemies, but I believe ENTPs or INTPs would see me as their worst enemy (and it often leads to a highly positive result :tongue:)
Why did you say that? Maybe I can find a bit difficult to understand INFJ's way of thinking because your Ni dom (which is annoyed by my Ti dom and vice-versa) but thinking about your temperament, and sharing two functions (Fe and Ti), I don't see the true inter-personal conflict.

My best friend is an INFP, who could think different but will share a similar temperament with you.

I think it's silly to stereotype a single personality based on the traits that it has. I have met many, many awesome people of different personality types. Honestly, it's the person, not the type. With that being said, the people I don't get along with are usually ego-centric, caustic, have little-to-no regard for other people, think only for themselves, arrogant, narcissistic, or just flat-out mean. As far as I'm concerned, you can't tack all these attributes to a single personality type.
You're right but I think you take the thread too literally. I suppose the OP use the word "enemy" not as a moral qualification, but as a temperament/behavior difficult for dealin with in his case.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Why did you say that? Maybe I can find a bit difficult to understand INFJ's way of thinking because your Ni dom (which is annoyed by my Ti dom and vice-versa) but thinking about your temperament, and sharing two functions (Fe and Ti), I don't see the true inter-personal conflict.

My best friend is an INFP, who could think different but will share a similar temperament with you.
As you said, because of the annoyance caused by my way of thinking. It happened with several NTs friends of mine that at first we entered in a direct conflict because of my fancy ideas against their logical thoughts (god existence was one of them, as I saw the video of your youtube profile :tongue:). After a while, we could reach agreement and even become friends although none of us really accepted the other one's ideas. It's not a temperamental conflict (as both INFJ and INTP are calm but tend to get nervous at times), but rather an ideologically one that often leads to agreements without having to make compromises, although at first it starts with such conflicts that at that moment I could easily call them my 'worst enemies'.

·
Banned
349 Posts
As you said, because of the annoyance caused by my way of thinking. It happened with several NTs friends of mine that at first we entered in a direct conflict because of my fancy ideas against their logical thoughts (god existence was one of them, as I saw the video of your youtube profile :tongue:). After a while, we could reach agreement and even become friends although none of us really accepted the other one's ideas. It's not a temperamental conflict (as both INFJ and INTP are calm but tend to get nervous at times), but rather an ideologically one that often leads to agreements without having to make compromises, although at first it starts with such conflicts that at that moment I could easily call them my 'worst enemies'.
I see... but disagreement is not really, at least for me, a reason for being or feeling "enemies". I have no problem with people who does not agree with me, I could have a problem with the way they could disagree. I mean, it's easy to see if the person with whom you're speaking is respectful and open-minded. I'm weak atheist as you could deduce by my Youtube video; my INFP friend have strong beliefs, but as he's not a dogmatic person (close-minded) I have no problem. We have debated a lot of times about this issue withouth bad feelings in the process.

What I really hate are close-minded people who think they're right "by default" (big egos) and think "you agree with me or you're wrong". I could think I'm right but not because I must be right, only because at present, with the arguments and ideas I know, I achieve a conclusion...

P.S. your Ni is opposite to my Ti, but your Ni is not "against our logic" but against "our way of using logic" (the system, or mental algorithm). The opposite logic of Ti is Te. You could perfectly achieve the same conclusion as me, but the way you reach it would be different... remember INTJ's are NT and also Ni dom as you.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
My enemy is not a single type. My enemy is the person that tries to harm my loved ones. Anyone who does that will be mysteriously lit on fire while they are sleeping in their home.:proud:

Everyone else is either loved by me or gets a large amount of apathy thrown in their direction.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I've been in association with a narcissist, and to an infj, it's beyond even remotely something we can tolerate. It's like torture being around them. I don't know which personality type is most likely to have narcissists, but it is a personality disorder, so I doubt it's associated with just one type.

·
Registered
409 Posts
One of my life-long best friends is an ENTP. Now he can be arrogant, etc.. but for some reason it doesn't bother me, he's just quirky that way.
NT's can be such a blast, I really enjoy them, but I do admit that it has to be in small doses if there is a strong T and too much arguing
going on. I have NT family and acquaintances like that that I keep a very minimal contact with - they can be quite the most unpleasant people to be around if they are dysfunctional, because they are so smart and good at knowing just where to jab, cut and slash. Now I have know some dysfunctional SJ's like that too, but they just are not as good at it as the NT's, they lack the finesse, as it were.
The 'friend' in the OP sounds way out of whack for any type - I could not have someone like that in my life.

·
Banned
111 Posts
Wait...Don't INFJs typically compliment ENTPs according to Myers-Briggs? (Assuming both are mature and developed.)

My worst enemy is a close-minded individual that wishes to remain ignorant for no particular reason. It's even worse if the person has power over anyone.

I have met a guy who said, "I want to remain close-minded." I don't see him anymore...fucker...
I like to ask people a question;
People believe ignorance is bliss; If ignorance is indeed bliss---tell me: Would you choose to live your life under a blissful ignorance--knowing somewhere in the back of your head that you were ignorant to some important truth---a truth which might be blinding, and perhaps even painful--but entirely a reality?
Truth versus Ignorant Bliss--basically.

(This does, however, ignore that one can be just as happy--perhaps even happier---when one is true to him/herself and others. Ignorance can be bliss, but there's nothing necessarily preventing truth from being the same way.)

Just a thought that your bit reminded me of, sorry. xD; Think I rambled there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say I clash most with Istj's and Estj' always difficult interactions .. even in family circles. I believe we have little or no common preference to get along for long periods.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts