Personality Cafe banner

Which Lead Function is the Best/Worst to have?

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  TemP14y3R 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Se... Ti... Fi... From my point of view, those 3 would be the worst to have. Se because of poor impulse control, Ti because it would be boring for me to spend so much time analysing stuff for the sake of analysis (I don't have patience) and Fi, because I would go insane having all those feelings and nuances of feelings and all that emotional complexity and feelings weaken me and push me off balance... Nope... no thanks! I'll keep my Te :)

#7 ·
Se because of poor impulse control, Ti because it would be boring for me to spend so much time analysing stuff for the sake of analysis
oof attacked. and then there is Se-Ti combo where I have 0% fear doing risky things. It even makes me have only 2 modes: normal and anger when someone asks me to do nonsense stuff

#6 ·
I may be biased but I'd say Fi, just because it's in direct opposition to the working/business world, which you need to be able to settle into in order to, like, survive. Ouch.

#8 ·
Hmm.. I don't really like Fe as a leading function because I hate how Fe-dominants are sometimes overly emotional, attention-seeking, malleable and accommodating to others, sometimes at the expense of good sense.

I also don't like Fi too much as a leading....because subjective feelings/values/personal reality sometimes seem to trump objective reality, for these types, leading to some weird-decision making, IMO.

I guess any leading function can be annoying, really, but those are the ones that irk me the most.

#10 ·
Hmm.. I don't really like Fe as a leading function because I hate how Fe-dominants are sometimes overly emotional, attention-seeking, malleable and accommodating to others, sometimes at the expense of good sense.
You can give me some of your Fe. I'm quite socially awkward because of overconfidence :tongue:

#11 ·
Any of those can be worst if we don't know how to correctly use other functions and don't develop them :) Probably no dom function alone is useful unless supported by balancing "forces".

Ie for some dom functions you could be like "robot" without supporting functions, for others helpless like a baby, for some head in the clouds only, for some, being stuck only in your head etc. It depends on a situation which option could be better.

#19 ·
Is Ni a different case?

Personaly for me would be Fe... having Fe gives me the "Lively outside but empty inside" vibes, resulting most likely into a really boring or an annoying personality.

#18 ·
Historically I have the hardest time with Ne or Fe leads.

I love Fi the best in others.

I tend to do well with Se, Te, or Ti leads.

Other Ni is a hit or miss.

Have never been close enough to an Si lead to really form an opinion.

When I say this, I'm speaking as if each function-in-attitude is a Jungian type; I don't define the function-in-attitude as a cognitive function.

Reactions: shameless
#20 ·
yes. Ni is a different understanding of perception but it has Te/Fe judgments so it can fit in just fine with us sheeple. I'm sure dozens of INxJ emos will argue that they walk through life being spat on, laughed at and thrown stones because of how ''different'' they are, but in theory it's usually Pi Doms who have the hardest time relating to people at large.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.