Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
N, because its our intuition...we follow it when logic cant tell us anything, or as a support if logic can tell us something

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Definitely N. As Lightleggy says, it is how we navigate the world. I also find that I relate much more easily to Ns. To be perfectly honest, I generally tend to dismiss S types, or rather, to overlook them. Nothing personal against S types. For me it is as though the human world is in black and white, and occasionally I catch little glimpses of color. These glimpses are the N types. This is particularly true for NFs. It is almost as if they radiate some sort of aura, and I am drawn to it, or they to me.

Of all the letters, I feel that this would be the most difficult to change. As the INFJ description says, we cannot not intuit.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
N.

Why is it important? I don't know, it's just the function that my whole world revolves around. Everything is shaped and perceived by my intuition. I could easily live without my "F" function, the J is what affects the orientation of F, so it's only important to the degree I consider F to be important.

Edit: If I may add, there might be a bit of a bias with the responses, in my opinion. If you're an INFJ you're going to obviously prefer intuition to the other functions. If you're INFP, the "F" is going to be emphasized and so on. You might want to reconsider how the question is being worded.

·
Registered
INFP
1,049 Posts
^Yea your main introvert function is bound to be your favorite. Your inner world revolves around it.

I dont think it would be too surprising if most N type choose intuition as well though. We are in a smaller proportion versus the majority of the population and it's what distinguishes us.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
N of course. Oh, heck, mine tested as 100%! No wonder, I had a hard time dealing with myself, much less anyone else! :laughing:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Definitely N. As Lightleggy says, it is how we navigate the world. I also find that I relate much more easily to Ns. To be perfectly honest, I generally tend to dismiss S types, or rather, to overlook them. Nothing personal against S types. For me it is as though the human world is in black and white, and occasionally I catch little glimpses of color. These glimpses are the N types. This is particularly true for NFs. It is almost as if they radiate some sort of aura, and I am drawn to it, or they to me.

Of all the letters, I feel that this would be the most difficult to change. As the INFJ description says, we cannot not intuit.
Definitely N - totally agree re: S's

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Same for me^. There are so many things that the I does.. even the parts that seem like weaknesses or trouble.
It makes life richer and I prefer how it solves problems. I wouldn't be where I am today without it
But I'd rather go with two letters together than just one, IN

·
Registered
713 Posts
I don't think one is more important than another, or even that my shadow letters are inferior or unimportant, sometimes I even value my shadow letters and wish I had some more of those qualities but, it's only for balance. The world needs all types and I believe we can all teach each other something, even through our differences. And even individuals function better with balance rather than extremes. And I would hate to throw away the wisdom my S, P, E or T friends have teach and share with me. The way I see it they are all coming at life from a new fresh perspective and though I value my own perspective, it really is only one piece of the puzzle and I'd like to see how it fits in and how it connects to the pieces around me. My shadow letters and shadow functions may be foreign to me and uncomfortable, but yet they still can fascinate and inspire me. I know I'm not a sensor but yet they can inspire me in different ways and I hope that I can inspire them too.

So I don't think that one function is more important than another or even that one is more valuable or useful to me. It just happens to be the way I am and I accept that and try to make the best of the skills and preferences I have. :)
Sorry for the long ramble. :)

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, I've been appreciating my feeling function lately and like to connect to other people and the emotions around me. Heart to Heart connections feel amazing to me and I tend to like to act on what I discover with these heart to heart connections.

·
Registered
294 Posts
N, definitely. For better or for worse, it's what keeps me sane in this life that is mine. I almost lost it...almost sacrificed my own personality, trying to become something I wasn't because it was what I thought I should be...

Now that I have returned to embrace my dominant Ni again, I am a happier person.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
N of course. Oh, heck, mine tested as 100%! No wonder, I had a hard time dealing with myself, much less anyone else! :laughing:
Geez o whiz, the above came out wrong! Last sentence should have read: No wonder, I had a hard time understanding myself, much less anyone else understanding me!

Sorry & Thank you! :happy:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Definitely N. It is what I trust and rely on the most... and its so very accurate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts