Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Alone, none have any intrinsic meaning as the functions are coupled with I/E.

Perhaps I can pose an alternative question to the forum?

Which function do you find the most important to you? Ti, Ne, Si, Fe?

I would first identify with Ne as I find the sense of conforming my intuitions to reality to be quite meaningful. When I intuitively recognize a pattern, the pattern is there for the recognizing and I'm not just making shit up. This is a great relief.

Next, I would identify with Fe as Fe has been my bane, my un-doing, my entire life. This is the singly greatest thing that I try to work on and allow it to meaningfully express itself. To say the very least, this is difficult, but I can find no greater task to undertake.

He who knows others is clever;
He who knows himself has discernment.
He who overcomes others has force;
He who overcomes himself is strong.

Lao Tzu
Dao Dejing, XXXIII

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
ETG is right. It's much easier to think about this in terms of functions. I'd say my favorite is probably Ne. I love making up crazy ideas and I'm always throwing a million jokes at the wall to see if any of them stick. I love Ti too, but sometimes it can be a bit limiting and I'll censor myself much more than I really like.

I guess in terms of I, N, T, and P that means N and P are my favorites, as those are the letters that indicate dominant or auxiliary Ne.

And oh yeah. Inferior Fe blows.

·
Registered
911 Posts
N. I like intuitive people.
S/N is the biggest divide, it's much harder for N's to understand S's and vice versa, as compared to F and T. at least I think so.

Reactions: NeonBomb and Isis

·
Registered
988 Posts
I highly value my Ti, but my Ne identifies me too much for me to disregard it. However, Fe is extremely annoying.

Reactions: CrabHammer

·
Registered
487 Posts
iNtuition because it allows me to be abstract and theoretical with is much more interesting than being a Senser in my opinion.

·
Banned
349 Posts
This question could not be answered easily, but I think I probably value my Ti dom as the most important.

I understand why others INTP's have said before that they prefer their 'N'. I would dislike seeing the world with the eyes of a dominant sensor. I really looove creativity, brainstorms, original solutions, perceiving "further" what is not evident. I agree at this point.

But now think in the concrete situation of an INTP: N<->S -> INTP<->ISTP. ISTP's have also intuition, in the form of Ni. This function is tertiary, not as strong as an aux but enough available. I know few ISTP's, but although not as high as me, they're quite intuitive, much more than the average S dom. They are introverted, they understand my way of thinking and have a enough similar personality. Being ISTP's aux sensors, they have enough intuition (tertiary).
But I would completely hate being a dominant sensor, if I were a Ne dom (ENTP) then I would probably answer than Ne is my preferred function.

Changing T<->F would make me an INFP. Altough my best friend is an INFP, and we understand and empathize each other easily, changing Ti with Fi is, in some way, changing our objective in life. And this is the point. My friend and me think in a similar way because we share the "idea generator" Ne aux. But as I said, we have a different "ego definition", Ti Vs Fi, our objectives are quite different. This is not the case of the ISTP's I know.

Changing I<->E would make me an ENTP, the most similar to an INTP without being an INTP. Obviously, if I had no choice, the preferred change. But only if the resulting ENTP is balanced. An unbalanced ENTP (weak Ti, Ne and Fe take the control) could be very irritant, as the majority of too strong extroverted for an introverted.

Changing P with J? I have no idea about how to value this, because as we share zero functions, I could not value properly a person whose mind is completely different. The INTJ behavior is in some points quite similar to INTP's (a third person could misunderstand a subject) but the core is literally matter Vs antimatter. How does antimatter taste? I don't know and never will know... (I could explode if I taste something :laughing:).

Anyway, after these subjective valorations, the only objective answer is Ti. Because it is the INTP dom function, changing the dom function would produce necessarily the higher change in the subject personality (if we thake "preferred" as "the most important"). Oviously a person could like being a more different type, but because I like being an INTP, if I had to change something, I would like a change as less significative as possible. As function, Ti. The less important letter for me would be I because I would share the same functions and the same thinking core TiNe.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
N. I like intuitive people.
S/N is the biggest divide, it's much harder for N's to understand S's and vice versa, as compared to F and T. at least I think so.
I think depends more on how great each divide is, than the type of divide. The biggest conflict I (ENFP) have with my husband (ISTP) is T vs F. Our S and N tend to balance each other out and bring new perspectives to each other. We may see things different, but we fully understand why the other one views things as they do where the T & F seem to cause more hurt feelings & frustration when we do have conflict.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'll answer this one:
Which function do you find the most important to you? Ti, Ne, Si, Fe?
Ne seems to be the most obviously important function to me. I enjoy using it for myself and when interacting with other people (well, people who get that type of thing--I run into difficulties if I, say, make Ne-based jokes around Sensors). Ti--I think is more of a default thing that I'm not even aware of, so in that sense it is important to me, but for interacting-with-other-people mode, it seems to be much less successful than Ne. Si--I am not even sure if I've been aware of how I use this! I'm going to read up about it and try to notice it more in my life. Fe--:frustrating: working on this should be important to me, I know. but :frustrating:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts