Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Wow. That's a great big ambiguous and subjective question. Important in what way? By its impact on me? Its impact on how others view me? By bringing traits I like? Or some other way of being important?

And how do you differentiate between the letters, since as stand alone letters, they can have two directions of energy?

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. That's a great big ambiguous and subjective question. Important in what way? By its impact on me? Its impact on how others view me? By bringing traits I like? Or some other way of being important?

And how do you differentiate between the letters, since as stand alone letters, they can have two directions of energy?
In what ever way is most important to you. Any way you explain it is fine.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Which Letter is most important to you? I, S, T or J and why?
hmmm... "I" - because it's the only vowel. IE: it doesn't fit in! :crazy:

Oh my word! :shocked: ...now I know how others see me and my lists of questions!! :crazy: :laughing: :blushed:

Reactions: NeonBomb and niss

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
hmmm... "I" - because it's the only vowel. IE: it doesn't fit in! :crazy:

Oh my word! :shocked: ...now I know how others see me and my lists of questions!! :crazy: :laughing: :blushed:
You're too funny!! LOL!

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Had to think about this one for a few days before I threw my .02 in.
Anyway, I would have to say "T", despite it being the lowest "percentage" of my four letters.
No offense against the "F's" that may be reading this, but I believe that if I was an "F" instead of a "T", I'd get too caught up in my own feelings and the feelings of others and not be able to get the things done that HAVE to get done, regardless.
I would never deliberately step on anyone in order to achieve my goals or take care of business; however, there are times that I've had to decide about something that makes people wonder if I'm a robot or have ice for blood (not true, btw ... but we all know this already).

Example: The other night at work, the fire alarm went off. At the time I didn't realize it was a false alarm, and so therefore my first instinct after checking the boards (the boards stated that it was in the resident corridor) was to barge into each of the resident bedrooms to determine if there was a fire or break-in. This was at 2am, so of course I woke everyone up. One of the residents was like, "Huh??? Whaaa---?" after I'd ascertained her room was not on fire. However, I still had to figure out if the window was open or not, and I still had two more rooms after hers to check. My next sentence to her: "Is the window open? Answer yes or no." She said no, and I moved on to the next room without apology or explanation. THAT could wait until the morning.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
The "T" definitely as feelings just get in the way of rational actions, and feelings cause more headaches than they're good for. I guess they help with moral decisions, but I could probably come to good conclusions having lesser of a feeling side regardless.

·
Registered
175 Posts
S, because it keeps me aware of my surroundings. S, obviously makes a "sssssssss", sound which reminds me to calm down and keep a rational train of thought during stressful times. I also love the beaches(no pun intended) near my home, and the letter "s" reminds me of the best things about the beach( sand, sea, and snowcones :happy:)

·
Registered
582 Posts
T.
I don't really even want to imagine what life is like for F's.

Reactions: Wake

·
Registered
426 Posts
You're too funny!! LOL!
...I just answering the question! :tongue:

So Niss, what is your answer to the question? I S T or J?

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Definitely T.
T allows me to think without feelings coming into the way. Make rational and logical decisions. Do things objectively rather than making sloppy decisions for 'I might hurt someone'. Doing the thing that logic dictates. No offense to F people reading this.

Why not others? Because being an I has its adavantages and disadvantages, so does being N and S. J or P isn't a big deal.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
...I just answering the question! :tongue:

So Niss, what is your answer to the question? I S T or J?
I know you were...but it was a really funny answer!:laughing:

As for me: All of them! Without any one of them I would not be me!:tongue:

·
Registered
434 Posts
My dad is an ISTJ and if I had to ask him this question, granted I could actually persuade him MBTI wasn't astrology, I'm sure he'd pick T. I think that is what ISTJ's really excel at from what I've noticed watching them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm going to have to go with J as my favorite. It's certainly the most obvious of my personality. A lot of my friends who try to type me before I tell them I'm an ISTJ may say something like ESTJ, INTJ, ISFJ, etc. but J is always in there. I'm always working to maintain order and predictability is one of my favorite words. :wink:

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
I'm going to have to go with J as my favorite. It's certainly the most obvious of my personality. A lot of my friends who try to type me before I tell them I'm an ISTJ may say something like ESTJ, INTJ, ISFJ, etc. but J is always in there. I'm always working to maintain order and predictability is one of my favorite words. :wink:
Most people I know automatically type me as an xSxJ as well before they really get to know me. OTOH, NO ONE would ever type me as an "N" in this or any other lifetime. :crazy:

·
Registered
129 Posts
What's with the 'F automatically means you are not able to make rational/logical decisions'?
It depends on the preference, how the other preferences reflect 'F', how mature the person is etc.
And please define 'rational/logical'. Also depends on perspective.

People get this wrong all the time. (-_-)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
What's with the 'F automatically means you are not able to make rational/logical decisions'?
It depends on the preference, how the other preferences reflect 'F', how mature the person is etc.
And please define 'rational/logical'. Also depends on perspective.

People get this wrong all the time. (-_-)
F people can surely make logical/ Rational decisions. What does Logical/ Rational mean?
Precisely what they mean in a dictionary.
Logical: a conclusion based on correct argument woth correct reasoning.
What I meant however in this context were that F people are more likely to feel bad for making decisions that might affect a person negatively, even if the decision they made was necessary. That's why F people will have lesser probability of making such decisions (not they are not capable of doing it). However, T people are less likely to be affected by this.

And yes, it depends on the prefernces and how mature the person is and how the other prefernces reflect F but the question was which letter did we like the most. And I was simply generalizing and giving my opinion based on my preference. I was basing it on my personality rather than all personalities.

Nevertheless, thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
^ If you're basically saying that F people will tend to worry more about these decisions negatively affecting people, then yes I agree. But if you're saying that because of the lesser probability of making these decisions is irrational (because maybe they don't end up making the decision) then it depends on perspective. ie someone with a strong T preference may value the outcome of a task over a relationship with a coworker, but the Feeler may consider the latter of higher importance. However if you're talking about situations with an absolute conclusion to be reached, then it is true that generally a Feeler would be more prone to being irrational.

:confused: I think that makes sense.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts