Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys
So for the loonngesst time I thought I was an introvert. Turns out I'm not. I just had minor SAD which MADE ME SEEM introverted and gave me I on those online tests, but I'm no introvert. I may be introspective and whatnot, but I don't think before I speak, I enjoy meeting new people and making friends, I have to express what I'm thinking at any given time, I get extremely restless if I'm forced to sit in one place for a long time or be stuck at home, and socializing does not drain me but actually energizes me. I like the interaction, especially with good friends and family. And I need to do things. I like a busy lifestyle and being on the go. I am confident expressing my opinions in public and getting thoughts out of my head. I also like sharing ideas because that way I come up with more ideas than I would on my own. I also jump into activities without thinking because I want to do it all. I find the need to set things straight if I don't agree with the way something's being done.
My introvert points are that I'm introspective, I write in a journal, and I certainly like to think and reflect. I also sometimes am afraid of being judged and criticized with strangers, but I realized that was excessive paranoia.
I know that im some kind of XNXJ without a doubt. The intro/extravert was what I was confused on for the longest time. And lately the T/F is confusing me too.
I don't know what type I am anymore!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hey guys
So for the loonngesst time I thought I was an introvert. Turns out I'm not. I just had minor SAD which MADE ME SEEM introverted and gave me I on those online tests, but I'm no introvert. I may be introspective and whatnot, but I don't think before I speak, I enjoy meeting new people and making friends, I have to express what I'm thinking at any given time, I get extremely restless if I'm forced to sit in one place for a long time or be stuck at home, and socializing does not drain me but actually energizes me. I like the interaction, especially with good friends and family. And I need to do things. I like a busy lifestyle and being on the go. I am confident expressing my opinions in public and getting thoughts out of my head. I also like sharing ideas because that way I come up with more ideas than I would on my own. I also jump into activities without thinking because I want to do it all. I find the need to set things straight if I don't agree with the way something's being done.
My introvert points are that I'm introspective, I write in a journal, and I certainly like to think and reflect. I also sometimes am afraid of being judged and criticized with strangers, but I realized that was excessive paranoia.
I know that im some kind of XNXJ without a doubt. The intro/extravert was what I was confused on for the longest time. And lately the T/F is confusing me too.
I don't know what type I am anymore!
That's great that you feel you have come to a better understanding of your extraversion! :happy: Some of the things you describe seem to me to fit the NT stereotype. I also glanced at your thread at http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/25862-am-i-intj-infj-infp.html and would from the posts there conclude that you would be likely to type as ENTJ (Ti,Ne,Fi,Se). Do you think that could be a good fit?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great that you feel you have come to a better understanding of your extraversion! :happy: Some of the things you describe seem to me to fit the NT stereotype. I also glanced at your thread at http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/25862-am-i-intj-infj-infp.html and would from the posts there conclude that you would be likely to type as ENTJ (Ti,Ne,Fi,Se). Do you think that could be a good fit?
ENTJ could work. I have been called loud and stuff by close friends and family, and I'm certainly not one to repress my opinions and ideas. I also do struggle with my feelings, and am afraid of them. I also am one of those "team leader types" and I do tend to do a lot of the organizing and stuff for social events and things, and I like working in groups due to the collaboration of ideas.
I'm not entirely sure though.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Have you ever been diagnosed with an attention deficit?

I would say ENTJ if you relate well to Ni and Se a little.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you ever been diagnosed with an attention deficit?

I would say ENTJ if you relate well to Ni and Se a little.
well not exactly an ADD, but the teachers did say i was absent-minded.
i definitely relate to Se, but all XNXJ types have that. as for Ni versus Ne..im not sure.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well if you are an extravert and an NJ, then I guess the only alternative to ENTJ is ENFJ. How do you relate to Fe/Ti or ENFJ in general?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if you are an extravert and an NJ, then I guess the only alternative to ENTJ is ENFJ. How do you relate to Fe/Ti or ENFJ in general?
im not sure ._.
i think i have Te and not Ti though..im more about getting things done rather than trying to understand the essence of something.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
What do you need to help you decide one way or the other?

Do you think you use Fe or Fi more?

I suppose if you are an extravert and you are an NJ and you use Te than it would follow that you are an ENTJ.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you need to help you decide one way or the other?

Do you think you use Fe or Fi more?

I suppose if you are an extravert and you are an NJ and you use Te than it would follow that you are an ENTJ.
Fi I think, I think my Fi is stronger than Fe. But I'm not 100% sure..although I do think I have Fi.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Is there any reason you feel you are not ENTJ? Except for the reason that there are 15 other types out there:p?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I know that im some kind of XNXJ without a doubt.
How do you know that you are an XNXJ??? This makes no sense to know the _N_J without knowing what comes after the N or before the N...the J/P at the end only defines the two middle ones just as the I/E does.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ENTJ is definitely a possibility, and the description does sound quite a bit like me. I can certainly relate to being "stubborn, dictatorial, and loud." As well as being afraid of my feelings.
but so does ENFJ, especially with the wanting to be friends with everyone.
Whenever i take MB tests, i always score really high in the N and J categories, and i know im for sure an N and a J. the T/F and I/E thing is what im confused about.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
ENTJ is definitely a possibility, and the description does sound quite a bit like me. I can certainly relate to being "stubborn, dictatorial, and loud." As well as being afraid of my feelings.
but so does ENFJ, especially with the wanting to be friends with everyone.
Whenever i take MB tests, i always score really high in the N and J categories, and i know im for sure an N and a J. the T/F and I/E thing is what im confused about.
I would probably rule out ENFJ you do not seem to be a Fe dom.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would probably rule out ENFJ you do not seem to be a Fe dom.
so in that case, id be an ENTJ, right?
i was reading the description and i do relate to a lot of the things in it..like being stubborn, bossy, and well..im the one always planning social get togethers with friends and i like to be in charge of things.
I was reading the descriptions and another one that stood out was ENFP. More so ENFP than ENTP, so I could still be a P and the test I took mistyped me. It's possible that I was wrong about being a J.
The ENFP description seemed to be freakishly accurate..seriously, the entire thing.
All this stood out and scared me:
ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.
^^I wouldn't agree with the "bright" part or the "talk their way in/out of anything", but the rest..uh YEAH.
ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime. To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives.
^^absolutely.
An ENFP needs to feel that they are living their lives as their true Self, walking in step with what they believe is right. They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace. They're constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with themselves. Since emotional excitement is usually an important part of the ENFP's life, and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values.
^^this too.
They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships. ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked. Sometimes, especially at a younger age, an ENFP will tend to be "gushy" and insincere, and generally "overdo" in an effort to win acceptance.
^^yeah i used to do that when i was younger..the trying to win approval part
Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members.
^^true.
ENFPs are basically happy people. They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks. Consequently, ENFPs work best in situations where they have a lot of flexibility, and where they can work with people and ideas.They have the ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they're doing.
They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labelled. They need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others. Their dislike of dependence and suppression extends to others as well as to themselves.
this is all the ENFP description.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now for the ENTJ description:
They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people.
^^yes, that's me.
ENTJs are very career-focused, and fit into the corporate world quite naturally. They are constantly scanning their environment for potential problems which they can turn into solutions. They generally see things from a long-range perspective, and are usually successful at identifying plans to turn problems around - especially problems of a corporate nature.
^^management and organizational studies was my easiest class. it felt like i already knew the stuff before i went into class.
There is not much room for error in the world of the ENTJ. They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency. They may become quite harsh when their patience is tried in these respects, because they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings. ENTJs, like many types, have difficulty seeing things from outside their own perspective. Unlike other types, ENTJs naturally have little patience with people who do not see things the same way as the ENTJ. The ENTJ needs to consciously work on recognizing the value of other people's opinions, as well as the value of being sensitive towards people's feelings. In the absence of this awareness, the ENTJ will be a forceful, intimidating and overbearing individual. This may be a real problem for the ENTJ, who may be deprived of important information and collaboration from others. In their personal world, it can make some ENTJs overbearing as spouses or parents.
^^i have been described as having a "bossy and overbearing" personality =P
The ENTJ has a tremendous amount of personal power and presence which will work for them as a force towards achieving their goals. However, this personal power is also an agent of alienation and self-aggrandizement, which the ENTJ would do well to avoid.
ENTJs are very forceful, decisive individuals. They make decisions quickly, and are quick to verbalize their opinions and decisions to the rest of the world.
^^absolutely.
Although ENTJs are not naturally tuned into other people's feelings, these individuals frequently have very strong sentimental streaks. Often these sentiments are very powerful to the ENTJ, although they will likely hide it from general knowledge, believing the feelings to be a weakness. Because the world of feelings and values is not where the ENTJ naturally functions, they may sometimes make value judgments and hold onto submerged emotions which are ill-founded and inappropriate, and will cause them problems - sometimes rather serious problems.
^^mhmm. and they caught the "sentimental streak" dead on too..and the fact that i didnt like being sentimental and thought for the longest time that feelings were an obstacle.
ENTJs love to interact with people. As Extroverts, they're energized and stimulated primarily externally. There's nothing more enjoyable and satisfying to the ENTJ than having a lively, challenging conversation. They especially respect people who are able to stand up to the ENTJ, and argue persuasively for their point of view. ENTJs want their home to be beautiful, well-furnished, and efficiently run. They're likely to place much emphasis on their children being well-educated and structured, to desire a congenial and devoted relationship with their spouse. At home, the ENTJ needs to be in charge as much as he or she does in their career.
^^whoa..im speechless.
They are assertive.
^^absolutely, i don't care what stands in my way.

So now I'm confused. These BOTH describe me[ENFP and ENTJ].

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Functional Analysis for ENTJ

Extraverted Thinking
"Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone.

Introverted iNtuition
The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking's subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.]

Extraverted Sensing
Sensing reaches out to embrace that which physically touches it. ENTJs have an awareness of the real; of that which exists. By stilling the engines of Thinking and iNtuition, this type may experience the Here and Now, and know things not dreamt of nor even postulated in iNtuition's philosophy. Sensing's minor role, however, puts it at risk for distortion or extreme weakness beneath the hustle and bustle of the giants N and T.

Introverted Feeling
Feeling is romantic, as the ethereal as the inner world from whence it doth emerge. When it be awake, feeling evokes great passion that knows not nuance of proportion nor context. Perhaps these lesser functions inspire glorious recreational quests in worlds that never were, or may only ever be in fantasy. When overdone or taken too seriously, Fi turned outward often becomes maudlin or melodramatic. Feeling in this type appears most authentic when implied or expressed covertly in a firm handshake, accepting demeanor, or act of sacrifice thinly covered by excuses of lack of any personal interest in the relinquished item.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Functional Analysis for ENFP

Extraverted iNtuition
The physical world, both geos and kosmos, is the ENFP's primary source of information. Rather than sensing things as they are, dominant intuition is sensitive to things as they might be. These extraverted intuitives are most adept with patterns and connections. Their natural inclination is toward relationships, especially among people or living things.
Intuition leans heavily on feeling for meaning and focus. Its best patterns reflect the interesting points of people, giving rise to caricatures of manner, speech and expression.

Introverted Feeling
Auxiliary feeling is nonverbally implied more often than it is openly expressed. When expressed, this logic has an aura of romance and purity that may seem out of place in this flawed, imperfect world. In its own defense, feeling judgement frequently and fleetly gives way to humor. ENFPs who publicize their feelings too often may put off some of the crowd of friends they naturally attract.

Extraverted Thinking
Thinking, the process which runs to impersonal conclusions, holds the extraverted tertiary position. Used on an occasional basis, ENFPs may benefit greatly from this ability. Less mature and lacking the polish of higher order functions, Thinking is not well suited to be used as a prominent function. As with other FP types, the ENFP unwary of Thinking's limitations may find themselves most positively mistaken.

Introverted Sensing
Sensing, the least discernible ENFP function, resides in the inner world where reality is reduced to symbols and icons--ideas representing essences of external realities. Under the influence of the ever-present intuition, the ENFP's sensory perceptions are in danger of being replaced by hypothetical data consistent with pattern and paradigm. When it is protected and nourished, introverted sensing provides information about the fixed. From such firm anchoring ENFPs are best equipped to launch into thousands of plausibilities and curiosities yet to be imagined.
Perhaps the combination of introverted Feeling and childlike introverted Sensing is responsible for the silent pull of ENFPs to the wishes of parents, authority figures and friends. Or perhaps it's the predominance of indecisive intuition in combination with the ambiguity of secondary Fi and tertiary Te that induces these kind souls to capitulate even life-affecting decisions. Whatever the dynamic, ENFPs are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Functional Analysis for ENTJ

Extraverted Thinking
"Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone.
you got this right..ive been described as "good at debating and analyzing stuff", and i personally consider that to be one of my strengths too. i also like debating things just for the fun of it. "restraint may often be the better part of valor.." true, true. ive been accused of having a big mouth:tongue:

Introverted iNtuition
The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking's subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.]
this sounds about accurate for me.

myjazz;751510Extraverted Sensing Sensing reaches out to embrace that which physically touches it. ENTJs have an awareness of the real; of that which exists. By stilling the engines of Thinking and iNtuition said:
I know i have Se. Except when i typed myself as INTJ initially, i thought something was wrong. my Se seemed to be more developed than an INTJ's. I also like stuff like concerts, baseball games, football games, things like that. I can be absentminded at times but I think this is probably Ni-Se at work.

Introverted Feeling
Feeling is romantic, as the ethereal as the inner world from whence it doth emerge. When it be awake, feeling evokes great passion that knows not nuance of proportion nor context. Perhaps these lesser functions inspire glorious recreational quests in worlds that never were, or may only ever be in fantasy. When overdone or taken too seriously, Fi turned outward often becomes maudlin or melodramatic. Feeling in this type appears most authentic when implied or expressed covertly in a firm handshake, accepting demeanor, or act of sacrifice thinly covered by excuses of lack of any personal interest in the relinquished item.
yup, i know i have Fi.i just struggled with my feelings for the longest time and sometimes had emotional outbursts that i couldn't make sense of when i was younger. it shocked the hell out of me as well as my parents.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Functional Analysis for ENFP

Extraverted iNtuition
The physical world, both geos and kosmos, is the ENFP's primary source of information. Rather than sensing things as they are, dominant intuition is sensitive to things as they might be. These extraverted intuitives are most adept with patterns and connections. Their natural inclination is toward relationships, especially among people or living things.
Intuition leans heavily on feeling for meaning and focus. Its best patterns reflect the interesting points of people, giving rise to caricatures of manner, speech and expression.
nope, i have Ni. my intuition is definitely more internal than external. as in...stuff i come up with, not necessarily looking at things and seeing interconnections between them.

Introverted Feeling
Auxiliary feeling is nonverbally implied more often than it is openly expressed. When expressed, this logic has an aura of romance and purity that may seem out of place in this flawed, imperfect world. In its own defense, feeling judgement frequently and fleetly gives way to humor. ENFPs who publicize their feelings too often may put off some of the crowd of friends they naturally attract.
i do express my feelings with friends..as in your stereotypical squealing and stuff:crazy: i just have to feel safe enough to trust the people im with.

Extraverted Thinking
Thinking, the process which runs to impersonal conclusions, holds the extraverted tertiary position. Used on an occasional basis, ENFPs may benefit greatly from this ability. Less mature and lacking the polish of higher order functions, Thinking is not well suited to be used as a prominent function. As with other FP types, the ENFP unwary of Thinking's limitations may find themselves most positively mistaken.
actually, my Te is one of the strongest..i live off my daily planner and always notice things that can be changed in the external environment. Te=directing, organizing, etc..i did this ever since i was little

Introverted Sensing
Sensing, the least discernible ENFP function, resides in the inner world where reality is reduced to symbols and icons--ideas representing essences of external realities. Under the influence of the ever-present intuition, the ENFP's sensory perceptions are in danger of being replaced by hypothetical data consistent with pattern and paradigm. When it is protected and nourished, introverted sensing provides information about the fixed. From such firm anchoring ENFPs are best equipped to launch into thousands of plausibilities and curiosities yet to be imagined.
Perhaps the combination of introverted Feeling and childlike introverted Sensing is responsible for the silent pull of ENFPs to the wishes of parents, authority figures and friends. Or perhaps it's the predominance of indecisive intuition in combination with the ambiguity of secondary Fi and tertiary Te that induces these kind souls to capitulate even life-affecting decisions. Whatever the dynamic, ENFPs are strongly influenced by the opinions of their friends.
nope, i have Se. i don't remember a lot of stuff.
i am certainly NOT INFLUENCED by the opinions of my friends. never have been. i can see this tendency in my ESFJ brother, but i never had it. i was more of a "rebellious child."

1 - 20 of 34 Posts