Personality Cafe banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Do you like to gather information more or express information more?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Do you like to gather information more or express information more?
express, and only when i can use the info im interested in gathering it. if it cant be used for some purpose, then im not interested in gathering info. which is why i was an underachiever for most of school.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
For an Extrovert the J at the end would clarify that Judging function would be first and Extroverted. It seems that Te is your first function

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
For an Extrovert the J at the end would clarify that Judging function would be first and Extroverted. It seems that Te is your first function
then by process of elimination, ENTJ it is.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
There are only two Extroverted types with Te as the first function ENTJ and ESTJ

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Functional Analysis for an ESTJ

Extraverted Thinking
ESTJs are very good at making impersonal decisions quickly, and standing by those decisions. They live in their Extraverted Thinking functioning, thus, their prime directive is in discovering that which is true and logical in the events of the real world. Circumstances calling for product invite the ESTJ to supervise or direct other individuals toward production and productivity. Extraverts are attracted to the "object," the external things and people in observable reality. This bent translates into a natural interest in goods and material objects. >

Introverted Sensing
The secondary Introverted Sensing is like that of the ISTJ, but not as strong. Si provides practical form and concept data to the Te head, however, form is not the overriding principle, especially if Thinking has already decided. In times of need, ESTJs are tempted to overlook even necessary information if its absence impedes closure. Secondary sensing sometimes translates into interest in sports. The persistence of primary Thinking gives many ESTJs a desire for discipline and regimen which can be beneficial in skills development in the arena. >

Extraverted iNtuition
As the ESTJ matures, and as situations arise which call for suspension of criticism, Extraverted iNtuition is allowed to play. Under the leadership of the Te function, iNtuition gravitates toward the discovery of broad categories which at worst amount to stereotypes. Those ESTJs who hone their Ne abilities may find success in academia.

Introverted Feeling
This function may rarely be expressed. ESTJs who have cultivated, or have been blessed with, a "natural indirect expression of good will by inference," have great prospects of developing genuine friendships (as opposed to ESTJs who merely act out the behavior of Extraverted Feeling). Such a weak, introverted function is best observed in facial expression, eye contact, body language, and verbally only by implication.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
There are only two Extroverted types with Te as the first function ENTJ and ESTJ
ESTJ is Te-Si-Ne-Fi. i don't have Ne and Si, but i do have Ni and Se. ENTJ is Te-Ni-Se-Fi. that one seems to fit more.
wait..i do have an interest in sports[as in watching them] though. ESTJ and ENTJ both sound so similar!
argh>.<
confused again.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
An ENTJ is Te, Ni ,Se ,Fi. There is no Ti Ne Fi Se type...an extrovert's first function will always be extroverted and no double extroverted perceiving and no double Introverted judging.
Thanks, I don't know what I was thinking about there... :sad:

Reactions: myjazz

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks, I don't know what I was thinking about there... :sad:
no problem. atm the only thing i think fits me is EXTJ.
S/N divide...
S points
i don't like it when people speak in metaphors. just say exactly what you mean, leave out the metaphors.
im pretty aware of my surroundings.
i think in terms of a cost-benefit analysis for every decision and "analyze" crushes and feelings. seriously >.>
im a scientist and i like literal stuff, not contextual stuff.
i do like some traditions, not others.
N points
i was a rebellious child..still am.
i like trying out new ways of looking at things to see if it works better, but i can be hesitant when doing so.
i am more of someone who looks at the bigger picture than the details.
ive got an artistic streak and am a huge fan of art and technology.
my room's a bit messy but i live off my daily planner, organizer, and ledger.
so..S or N? im not sure._.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
no problem. atm the only thing i think fits me is EXTJ.
The ESTJ and ENTJ descriptions might sound similar, but if you look at the cognitive functions, the differences are considerable. An ESTJ will use auxiliary Si and tertiary Ne. An ENTJ will use auxiliary Se and tertiary Ni. And from before in this thread you have concluded that you use Ni and Se much more than Ne and Si. That should really sum things up neatly, I think. Conclusion: ENTJ.

As for your summary above I think it makes more sense if you break it down to Si/Se and Ni/Ne and consider that some things you list could be T. Actually, probably most of what you list under S is either not conclusive or rather points towards T, in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Si - introverted sensing Reviewing past experiences; "what is" evoking "what was"; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been

Ni - introverted intuiting Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing "what will be"; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Se - extraverted sensing Experiencing the immediate context; noticing changes and opportunied for action; being drawn to act on the physical world; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing "what is"

Ne - extraverted intuiting
Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change "what is " for "what could possibly be"; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Si - introverted sensing Reviewing past experiences; "what is" evoking "what was"; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been

Ni - introverted intuiting Foreseeing implications and likely effects without external data; realizing "what will be"; conceptualizing new ways of seeing things; envisioning transformations; getting an image of profound meaning or far-reaching symbols
i come up with things out of nowhere..as for remembering past events..please, i hardly remember where i put things and was a really absent-minded kid. it's definitely Ni.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Se - extraverted sensing Experiencing the immediate context; noticing changes and opportunied for action; being drawn to act on the physical world; accumulating experiences; scanning for visible reactions and relevant data; recognizing "what is"

Ne - extraverted intuiting
Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change "what is " for "what could possibly be"; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts
I use both..both Se and Ne. im not sure which is stronger, but id say Se is.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts