Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think ISTPs or ISFPs... because the S makes them want to be introverted while alone... unlike the Ns, who want to be introverted WITH other people near them.. make sense?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
There might be stereotypes of types that indicate "how introverted" people are, but I doubt the gap is very large. Depends on the individual. I'd definitely say ISFPs aren't a stereotypical "lone wolf" though.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I think INTP's and INTJ's like being alone the most.
Se users (ISxP's) will eventually want to go out and see the world, and therefore probably be more likely to interact with people. (im aware INTJ's have Se too)

INTP's are perfectly happy being locked away in their bedroom for weeks, maybe months on end reading books on the cosmos and trying to build a time machine. Maybe taking a break every few days to play WoW or watch episodes of Extreme Engineering.

im just stereotyping btw

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've gone about five months without interaction from the outside world including social media (because I dont have a facebook, twitter or instagram) and I was perfectly fine. I actually wanted to go longer but my friends got annoyed by it so they kept texting me. I was just in raw Fi-Ni loop the whole time. It got pretty unhealthy though...mentally and physically.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I think INTP's and INTJ's like being alone the most.
Se users (ISxP's) will eventually want to go out and see the world, and therefore probably be more likely to interact with people. (im aware INTJ's have Se too)

INTP's are perfectly happy being locked away in their bedroom for weeks, maybe months on end reading books on the cosmos and trying to build a time machine. Maybe taking a break every few days to play WoW or watch episodes of Extreme Engineering
That's pretty much accurate, maybe the time frame is a slight exaggeration and the activities vary a bit more significantly (and I think we'd be more likely to theorize if building a time machine is possible as opposed to actually trying to do it), but the overall concept is there. I second INTPs as "likes to be alone the most."
I don't think your theory about N's being introverted yet still liking to be around people is correct. INTPs enjoy silence, and other humans are pretty much just noise-makers.
I also don't think ISTPs enjoy being alone the most in general because they tend to go out and do more. They're more interactive with their surroundings. In other words, they're more likely to do things that involve being around others.
INTJs are probably the most suitable for liking to be alone. I like to think whereas INTPs are "I don't give a shit about anyone." INTJs are more "I hate everyone." Also, I've heard INTPs come off as friendlier to strangers than INTJs. INTPs would observe others, and learn from that.
I vote INTJ for likes to be alone the most.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I like to think whereas INTPs are "I don't give a shit about anyone." INTJs are more "I hate everyone." Also, I've heard INTPs come off as friendlier to strangers than INTJs. INTPs would observe others, and learn from that.
I vote INTJ for likes to be alone the most.
Yeah I agree with that. I think an ISTP when it comes to people would just be "Dont tread on me" or "Stay out of my way".

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
I vote for INTP because they like thinking, and thinking is best done alone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts