Personality Cafe banner

Which MBTI do you think makes the best troll online or in real life?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Trolling as I understand it is intentionally provoking others to a negative response for one's own personal amusement.

To me this takes NFPs out of the equation. NFPs certainly love provoking others to a response for personal amusement, I won't deny that. But it's usually done in good humor. If people respond too negatively, that's likely to lead to feelings of guilt and remorse.

NTPs are less likely to care (in my opinion). So then it comes down to how you would define "Best" troll. Quantity or quality. ENTPs in my opinion troll way more often, and reach a larger audience. However it's not always subtle. It might be obvious trolling, but people can't help themselves from responding anyway. I see INTPs as being much more subtle. So they might not provoke as many people as ENTPs, but those they do provoke are much less likely to realize they were ever trolled.

So depending on if you define best as quantity or quality, that is where I will cast my vote.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Another vote for NTPs. And here's a little recycled reckful on the subject:

It's something of an internet forum cliché, in my experience, that, if there's a single MBTI type most often associated with treating debates/discussions/etc. as games and being willing to take insincere positions, throw things out just to get a reaction, bullshit people and so on, it's the ENTP. By contrast, I think a typical INTJ engaged in a debate — especially if it's an issue they care much about or think there's a right and wrong perspective on — is more likely to come off as earnestly authentic, and demonstrate a drive to not only let people know what they really think, but also to try to change the mind of anybody who doesn't understand or otherwise has the wrong view. INTPs are one letter away from ENTPs and one letter away from INTJs but, in this case, I think it's the J/P that makes the most difference — making INTPs more like ENTPs than INTJs in this regard. ...

And I'd say INFJs are even more earnest than INTJs, and that INFPs are more like INTJs and INFJs than NTPs in this respect. If an INFP is insincerely playing devil's advocate, they're not likely to hide it.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Destructive trolling isn't type related. It's about the individual's sadistic bent and their lack of power in the real world. The most effective trolls in cyberspace, are the least effective humans in meatspace.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
xxTPs provided their moral code doesn't conflict with it.

The less empathy a person has it seems the more possible s/he will enjoy another's suffering in any form.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Count me amomg those that vote for the xNTPs for this particular subject, though other types are nothing to sneeze at. One of my best friends is an INFP and she's a marvelous troll. I hope to be like her one day.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
@AdroElectro I'm not sure about that; there are Ts in the world who care about other people and there are Fs who don't.
I completely agree. That is why I used the words "likely to feel remorse" to describe NFPs, and "less likely to care" to describe NTPs. I used the word likely to present my ideas as generalizations, and not absolutes.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I voted for ENTP, because I wanted to vote for the proper troll. :wink:. I just don't get how INTJ got votes.

Reactions: Revolver Ocelot

·
Registered
720 Posts
I voted for ENTP, because I wanted to vote for the proper troll. :wink:. I just don't get how INTJ got votes.
well they trolled you I tell ya what XD.

Trolls online: ENTP
Just based on here in some way or another X3.

Trolls in real life EXFP or ENTP :

I troll so horribly that most people think I am terrible , but I think horrible trollers are the best ones ;).

Also ESFP based upon that vibe . Idk I have a hunch X3.

and ENTP are the same as others mention

1 - 20 of 30 Posts