Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts
That awkward moment when you're sarcastic and you don't know if someone not getting it is being sarcastic or not... There should be a word for this. hm.
Anyway, haha 😂 Let's say you got it because even if you didn't, I don't think you would miss the opportunity to deny it.

Yup, Bourke takes some testimonies WWII soldiers gave about this exactly. They had to enjoy it, the ones who didn't went literally mad:
"Time and again, we hear the broken voices of combatants who could not ‘take it’ anymore. These were men whose starkly emotional sentences attested to how ‘the sights cannot cannot be explained in writing. Writing is not my line. No fighting either For them that wants to let them fight Because I will never like it no no never’, as one stammered from his hospital bed (Unnamed soldier in Scholes, no date)."

I get your point, I can also feel annoyed if a "white" person (that's too ambiguous) says "every culture has done it" as a way of justifying some historical event Europeans (and related) did, but you can't go the other way either and say everyone else is a saint. I mean, it's less about justifying the people who committed atrocities, and more about amplifying the range and understand that many others did and do as well, and that they need to be just as responsible.

And now that you mentioned Africa, Rwandan Genocide? And that's just one (incredibly bloody and sad) example.
You mean the Rwandan genocide that was caused because Europeans came and decided that the group with small noses should get more benefits than big noses. Leading to economic disparities and jealousy that manifested in the artificial lower class attacking the higher class. A genocide literally caused by white people coming to Africa to colonise and leaving broken systems that we still have to fix to this day? That genocide?

Hmm, I never said black people were perfect. But the way you just distorted history shows the depths of evil your race is capable of. You literally caused the problem then went, “look at those evil savages” and we aren’t even killing you guys like your guys killed each other for hundreds of years then spread it to us. It’s either collective amnesia or wilful ignorance. You started the cross Atlantic slave trade 400 years ago and are still locking us up disproportionately and killing us in the streets, while lying about our history.....but anyways

It’s funny you talk about responsibility, when will you hold yourselves responsible? Britain paid America for loss of property for 180 years after the abolition of slavery awhile colonising and stealing from Africa and denying human rights....yet you have the audacity to lecture others and accountability, the hypocrisy will never not be funny to me 😂

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts
Okay, I don't really know where this is suddenly coming from, but I did happen to study some of these things (wanting to get a History major).
For example, the Arab Slave Trade was also a large scale slave trading operation. It was also on a far larger scale, and lasted for several centuries.
Before European contact in Africa, communities such as the Yao of Mozambique, fought with each other and frequently traded slaves that were won through conflict and war.
Also, in Canada, First Nations groups along the Pacific Coast practiced slavery, which also was a hereditary title that was passed down from generation to generation.
Of course, this doesn't diminish the horrific nature of the Atlantic Slave Trade. But we are talking about human nature here, I don't see how bringing race to the discussion benefits it necessarily?

Now I'm confused.
If you’re whites it’s probably very confusing why race ever comes into an argument because i doesn’t impact your life negatively. So why would you ever bring it up?
Black Lives Matter so we will talk about our lives
It’s human nature to take other humans like cargo across the ocean? Whip them and their children in the hot son for 250 years? Have civil war to stop the abolition of slavery? Separate according to race and treat them worse for 150 years? Then steal their culture and pretend it’s your own? Continuously act as if they are less than while denying them equal opportunity?

Where else in your history studies did you find that in the nature of any other race?

To act like the transatlantic slave trade was the same as any other type of slavery while people still suffer the trauma today is ridiculous

“See there was other slave trades that lasted hundreds of years too, so we aren’t that bad” is one argument I can’t stand

That’s the most white privilege answer anyone ever gives

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w6 Sp/Sx 593
1,546 Posts
If you’re whites it’s probably very confusing why race ever comes into an argument because i doesn’t impact your life negatively. So why would you ever bring it up?
It’s human nature to take other humans like cargo across the ocean? Whip them and their children in the hot son for 250 years? Have civil war to stop the abolition of slavery? Separate according to race and treat them worse for 150 years? Then steal their culture and pretend it’s your own? Continuously act as if they are less than while denying them equal opportunity?

Where else in your history studies did you find that in the nature of any other race?

To act like the transatlantic slave trade was the same as any other type of slavery while people still suffer the trauma today is ridiculous

“See there was other slave trades that lasted hundreds of years too, so we aren’t that bad” is one argument I can’t stand

And ironically, this is one of laziest arguments that I have ever seen. For someone who claims that "emotions change and are unimportant" to you, that seems to be the crux of your whole premise.
You said that slavery is a practice that is essentially exclusively practiced by white people, and I gave you examples to prove that isn't the case.
This isn't to diminish the impact of the slave trade, but it's to outline that slavery seems to be a thing in cultures that are even isolated from one another (such as the First Nations in North America).
Is it human nature to do all these things? I would argue yes. But just because something is human nature, doesn't mean it isn't automatically good.

I like how you brushed aside my example of the Arab Slave Trade in particular. Which lasted from approximately 1000 BCE - 1400 CE (which is over 2,000 years).
Nearly 9.58 million slaves were sold, and it affected the very way slavery was practiced in Africa for centuries before European contact.
It could be argued that the culture of slavery for those centuries, have played an intrinsic role in the way Africa's economy and culture has shaped into today.
As one commentator in a NewAfrican article put it:
“Could it be true that the corrosive effects of four centuries of commerce in humans, with its temptation, its in -built opportunism, its reduction of humans to a cash value, its cycles of revenge and its inevitable physical brutality, have built lasting flaws into African pattern of thought and action?”

But nope, I'm guess I'm just trivializing the African Slave Trade because of I just happen to bring it up.
Give me a break.

I'm not going to respond again, since I've said my piece.
But I reckon we should try to keep the thread somewhat on topic going forward.

Reactions: Meliodas

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Mmm......yeah. I didn't do any of those things.

·
Registered
peronsality
513 Posts

Last response because we're not going anywhere and this isn't even what this thread is about.
You mean the Rwandan genocide that was caused because Europeans came and decided that the group with small noses should get more benefits than big noses
Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, k, let's clear this up quick.
Sure, Europe fucked up, their legacy is undeniable, but have you seen the type of massacres the Hutus did? The type of violence? Who are you blaming for such bloody attacks? Look, in my country's history there's also a history of violence and inequality since Western's arrival, but how am I going to blame them for the type of deaths some Colombians created themselves +200 years later? They literally designed stuff like this:

Or are you saying no one but white people can think for themselves?
wake up, man. Evil is inside everyone. If you keep defending "your people" (whoever they are) and blaming it all on "whites", you're going to get incredibly disappointed. Get mad, I allow you that, be mad at history, but recognise all history; these things wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for certain people who agreed on it back then (and still do today). AND STOP BLAMING ON RACE. That's just stupid, you know how many cultures (not even counting persons, with actual names, brains and lives) you're putting in the same bag? Are you going to comment on "biology" as well now? Well, guess what? Humans suck, that's been proven since our existence began. Being white is one thing, being a white supremacist is another. Same for all ethnicities.

Reactions: ImpossibleHunt

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts
And ironically, this is one of laziest arguments that I have ever seen. For someone who claims that "emotions change and are unimportant" to you, that seems to be the crux of your whole premise.
You said that slavery is a practice that is essentially exclusively practiced by white people, and I gave you examples to prove that isn't the case.
This isn't to diminish the impact of the slave trade, but it's to outline that slavery seems to be a thing in cultures that are even isolated from one another (such as the First Nations in North America).
Is it human nature to do all these things? I would argue yes. But just because something is human nature, doesn't mean it isn't automatically good.

I like how you brushed aside my example of the Arab Slave Trade in particular. Which lasted from approximately 1000 BCE - 1400 CE (which is over 2,000 years).
Nearly 9.58 million slaves were sold, and it affected the very way slavery was practiced in Africa for centuries before European contact.
It could be argued that the culture of slavery for those centuries, have played an intrinsic role in the way Africa's economy and culture has shaped into today.
As one commentator in a NewAfrican article put it:
“Could it be true that the corrosive effects of four centuries of commerce in humans, with its temptation, its in -built opportunism, its reduction of humans to a cash value, its cycles of revenge and its inevitable physical brutality, have built lasting flaws into African pattern of thought and action?”

But nope, I'm guess I'm just trivializing the African Slave Trade because of I just happen to bring it up.
Give me a break.

View attachment 877047

I'm not going to respond again, since I've said my piece.
But I reckon we should try to keep the thread somewhat on topic going forward.
I guess bringing up your whiteness makes you uncomfortable and resort to your “do as you’re told and only talk about what I tell you” nature 😂
I didn’t get emotional. I was just speaking facts. I got way more facts about how white slavery was worse and you can try and bring up as many “it’s was way worse” numbers as you want. When you can give us the number of deaths the British empire handed out i might think of having that rational debate. Failing that, don’t talk to me about Arabs, what the hell do Arabs have to to with me?
If i get emotional I’ll start cussing you out, we haven’t got to that stage yet
You mentioned slavery but totally ignored human zoos, segregation, apartheid, police brutality, systematic underfunding, Jim Crowe, the civil war....just “slavery has happened for a long time so I don’t know why you’re talking about it”
It’s like you white people rehearse the same nonsense at the dinner table or something 😴

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts
Last response because we're not going anywhere and this isn't even what this thread is about.

Brooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, k, let's clear this up quick.
Sure, Europe fucked up, their legacy is undeniable, but have you seen the type of massacres the Hutus did? The type of violence? Who are you blaming for such bloody attacks? Look, in my country's history there's also a history of violence and inequality since Western's arrival, but how am I going to blame them for the type of deaths some Colombians created themselves +200 years later? They literally designed stuff like this:
View attachment 877048

Or are you saying no one but white people can think for themselves?
wake up, man. Evil is inside everyone. If you keep defending "your people" (whoever they are) and blaming it all on "whites", you're going to get incredibly disappointed. Get mad, I allow you that, be mad at history, but recognise all history; these things wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for certain people who agreed on it back then (and still do today). AND STOP BLAMING ON RACE. That's just stupid, you know how many cultures (not even counting persons, with actual names, brains and lives) you're putting in the same bag? Are you going to comment on "biology" as well now? Well, guess what? Humans suck, that's been proven since our existence began. Being white is one thing, being a white supremacist is another. Same for all ethnicities.
“This isn’t what this thread is about”
White people running away from every discussion about race because they have moral inferiority
If the Europeans didn’t create division between the two tribes in the first place there would be no reason to fight. One tribe didn’t just wake up one day and decide to murder the other. The very reason for the conflict was only for one reason. Yes the white people. I don’t understand what you don’t get about that 🤔
I don’t know much about South American history or whatever...but can white people create the conditions in which one group turns on its own or other people....it’s literally all they do 😂
I would have to study your countries history more to give the the specific reasons.
But they often create the conditions for conflict and strife. They did it in the Caribbean islands where blacks would turn on each other to gain favour with the whites. The person who controls the food controls the people
I never defended my people, why do you people always make up things that the other person did not say
I’m not saying we are perfect but we aren’t as bad as white people when it comes to racism and treating others as less than or mass genocides....
Get mad at history? Are you on drugs? Little black children get shot in the street to this day and you want to talk about history, shove your “history” where the sun don’t shine.
If you’re not a white supremacist you have to acknowledge your evil deeds, don’t spend your time justifying your evil actions by saying “it’s human nature everyone does it”

If you think that you need to read more history and see the images of colonialism. Look at what Leopold 2 of Belgium did to Congo. What Churchill did in Australia Africa and India, what the Americans have been doing since they existed and before to the original American Indians and everyone since.....how many thousands of white people across how many hundreds of years of racism and massacres do you need to acknowledge white people are messed up to a different level

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
I exonerate myself from the things I didn't do anyways.

·
Registered
In progress
2,279 Posts
I am more decisive and charismatic than a typical ENTP (note: I only type as one in MBTI). While I am highly intelligent, curious, restless and have a broad range of interests, I'm not a geek and my humour is edgy and dramatic, rather than bizarre and absurd. While ENTPs are known to create drama around them, I tend to do so very deliberately with some tactical objective in mind. I also don't have many of the typical ENTP-ish interests like gaming and I appear more like a perverted prince than a precocious child.

I probably get typed as ENTP because I'm a classical sx Enneagram 7, and there tends to be a lot of descriptive overlap between the two.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
18,718 Posts
I'm an ENTP whose never late. If I'm not 35 minutes early, I'm late (I can always read a book on my kindle app on my phone). There are so many things that I cannot control, but I can sure as hell leave early enough to not be late.
(I was in the military, that might explain it).

Reactions: MoStoner12

·
Registered
INTP 9w1 2w1 5w4 sp/sx
981 Posts
INTP

• Terrible at maths
  • Cold, but not uncaring and I can see when someone else needs emotional support, I'm just not always the right person to give it to them.
  • I don't dress like a slob all the time just because its comfortable. I care a lot about what people think of my appearance.
  • I'm a hard worker, I just work quickly.
  • I don't like anime or comic books.
  • I rarely talk about my ideas with people and won't talk for hours about random and zany topics to someone who isn't interested, or even someone who is interested.

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts
I'm an ENTP whose never late. If I'm not 35 minutes early, I'm late (I can always read a book on my kindle app on my phone). There are so many things that I cannot control, but I can sure as hell leave early enough to not be late.
(I was in the military, that might explain it).
Yeah i actually don’t know many entp that are bad with time. Most are actually very meticlous. If late it’s only an accident in planning or something out of our control. When I played sports growing up I was first in the gym

·
Registered
ISFP 6w7 sx/sp
2,776 Posts
As as ISFP:

• I am not that type of person who is like "I am deep, unique and very misunderstood" and is being annoying about it with no end.
  • I dont do "Self-expressive" art.
  • I'm not a self-centered douche, as Fi doms are depicted.
  • I actualy care about others, I just show it differently.

Reactions: bifurcations

·
Registered
INFJ 953
389 Posts
  • I don't give as much of a crap what people think as I used to
  • I know who I am. Don't have much of an identity crisis
  • I open up about myself a bit quicker than most INFJs? (Still hide deeper and more incriminating details deeper... but that's everyone right?)
  • Can be quite consistent in character around different people close or new. (I idealise consistency & authenticity... so an INFJ trait making me less INFJ-like... lol)
  • Don't care about what people think of my music choice and preferences
  • A bit more assertive and action oriented
  • A bit more self assured
  • I don't door slam easily
  • I'm not a Social Justice Warrior - but I don't mind stealth killing some douche-bags LOL

·
Premium Member
39,424 Posts
You didn’t have to reply 😂 I just argue for it’s own sake. To see if I can be wrong. I’ll argue with myself for the fun 😂
Upbringing is as unreliable of indicator of future behaviour as mbti if you’re gonna use that argument 🤔
My dad is INFJ, he witnessed his dad be abusive. He was abusive to me, not my mum. But in his head he justifies it according to his internal feelings. As if he is incapable of understanding what he did was wrong. Likewise hitler witnessing abuse and war made him justify parts of that in his head.
ive never heard anyone say “I want to be a Jew”
Even Jews complain about how hard it is being a Jewish 😂
So if he wasn’t in it for the money he wouldn’t be jealous of the Jews for having money
They did run his country into the ground, but it has much to with the occult and the true history of Jews and how much of their culture is based on lies. I’m not being anti Semitic, just many of their stories have been proven to be lies historically....like the Passover but I digress

If we made a list based on death totals I’m not sure hitler would be top 10....but that’s a whole different argument for another day. Point is, he wasn’t the first or last to commit mass genocide based on racial purity. America is still trying to get over the whole slavery thing 400 years after it started, hitler didn’t do anything close to that bad

I’m using mbti because many of the Bad habits people have are grouped together in the personality group. Because the brain processes information in the same way. Therefore if an infj experiences trauma they will react in the similar ways to another infj.

all “an adult” means is that you’re of a certain age. There is no magical age where a person becomes “mature” or perfect. They still make the same type of mistakes, just sometimes more or less mistakes. Based on childhood trauma. Once the personality is set in early childhood, people don’t really change

I wouldn’t call it blaming, it just explains why certain people act why they do. Because the brain is like a computer with set processes. It processes differently for the 16 personality types. There are some particular things one type would do that another would never do

Yeah you right, I’m addicted to dope and serotonin is abhorrent to me. I’m trying figure out how to maximise vasopressin release so I can bypass oxytocin or at least better pretend to enjoy it in others.....

yeah,my problem is not that I don’t feel, it is that I don’t know how to control my emotions also my Se is in the toilet so it’s hard to understand my environment as it really is because my Ne is too dominant. My environment growing up wasn’t enjoyable so I developed a strong sense of detachment. So feeling is just too painful to me....I wish I could feel like others do but you can’t be good at everything in this life
@MoStoner12 @ImpossibleHunt
Erhm, am sorry if I offend you guys but I'd rather not talk more about violence as I am a victim of murder attempt, severe violence over time, stalking, death threats and repeated rape. I have PTSD and it brings up too many memories...sorry...!

·
Retired Administrator
16,410 Posts

@MoStoner12 I cannot relate to why you are trying to argue about this, but in the spirit of just offering a perspective, I read not too long ago--Hitler killed a shit ton of white people. That might be part of the unconscious reason that he's so demonized in Western civilization, even though obviously there've been other horrific acts like African slavery or the ethnic cleansing of the Americas (or the ethnic cleansings in Africa).

Hitler attacked the shit out of Europe.

So while he's often painted as this "euegh every white person is compared to hitler--it's cause' you're all racist against whites" the reality is that Hitler killed a shit ton of white people.

This isn't dissimilar to how other arguments about race and warlords work--like how ISIS warlords tend to kill a lot more Muslims than they do Christians--and people ignore that reality of why most Muslims don't like Islamic terrorists--it all gets turned into "well he's a Muslim and a terrorist so he must only kill white Christians and therefore all Muslims must want to kill all white Christians" or something. I'm rambling b/c I don't really care--and I don't see the point of what you're doing, but I figured I'd share that argument anyway because it tends to get lost in discussions of race and human rights violations.

To answer:

INFP

I am emotional and have strong feelings BUT because I am a type 5, I can often come off as very robotic and not particularly warm or nurturing, even when I try to be.

So I think I come off more constipated and stuffy than the typical INFP stereotype is depicted.

I can also argue, though most of the time my arguments are related to my deeper values--I understand basic logic.

I can write WAY too much and sometimes talk too much too--and that is probably from ocd like anxiety and lack of structure.

I actually do believe everyone is a special snowflake (like in a good way), but I also use it as an insult if I think the other person sees it as an insult, which probably goes against the INFP stereotype.

I can be a bitch--the other day I rolled my window down and flipped off a pedestrian even though it was mostly my fault.

I enjoy humor (this is typical of INFPs imo, but it's not necessarily steroetypical), including some offensive jokes (depending on the mood) if I know the person is coming from a good place.

I don't like to watch "deep" movies that much--or consume "deep" stuff. I prefer comedy, especially if it is joking about things that I have anxiety around. Like Woody Allen's "Love and Death." (And yeah--I like Woody Allen films despite also being a feminist and all the controversial stuff about his relationship with Soon-yi.)

Sometimes I just want to learn about someone because I'm bored--not because I have some deep ability to listen or whatever--I just want to find something interesting about them to think about.

Sometimes I'm the one who has to take action--like at my old works I was always the one who had to kill the black widows, catch a snake, catch a scorpion (I won't kill non-venomous animals on purpose usually-except for some pests or food animals).

I have killed animals for food or to put them out of their misery. I don't celebrate it but it's not like I'm incapable of it.

idk

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts
@MoStoner12 @ImpossibleHunt
Erhm, am sorry if I offend you guys but I'd rather not talk more about violence as I am a victim of murder attempt, severe violence over time, stalking, death threats and repeated rape. I have PTSD and it brings up too many memories...sorry...!
jesus, sounds like you need a lot of help with getting over trauma and also staying out of dangerous situations

·
Premium Member
39,424 Posts
jesus, sounds like you need a lot of help with getting over trauma and also staying out of dangerous situations
I have been in therapy for about 20 years for this. I hoped it was time to stop soon? Its not like the memory goes away. I do try to stay away from dangerous situations. Its not like I didn't learn to become more sceptical after that , exactly 🙄😏...but thank you for the great advice.

·
Registered
ENTP
252 Posts
I have been in therapy for about 20 years for this. I hoped it was time to stop soon? Its not like the memory goes away. I do stay away from dangerous situations.
if you're still alive and trying after going through all that then i think you are doing an excellent job at this life shit

61 - 80 of 89 Posts