Personality Cafe banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

Registered
INFJ 953
I have been in therapy for about 20 years for this. I hoped it was time to stop soon? Its not like the memory goes away. I do try to stay away from dangerous situations. Its not like I didn't learn to become more sceptical after that , exactly 馃檮馃槒...but thank you for the great advice.
If you send me some info about these people, I will quietly deal with them for you.

Premium Member
If you send me some info about these people, I will quietly deal with them for you.
Aaaw, thanks!! 馃 But it's a long time ago, and hopefully they have forgot about it and moved on...

Registered
INFJ 953
Aaaw, thanks!! 馃 But it's a long time ago, and hopefully they have forgot about it and moved on...
You sound very strong. Admirable.

I suppose I can be stereotypically INFJ then in the sense that seeing/hearing injustice so grievous that it makes me white hot mad... They might've forgotten, but I don't (even though i've never met them). Although I don't become a social justice warrior like Martin Luther as such.... but something else.

Premium Member
You sound very strong. Admirable.

I suppose I can be stereotypically INFJ then in the sense that seeing/hearing injustice so grievous that it makes me white hot mad... They might've forgotten, but I don't (even though i've never met them). Although I don't become a social justice warrior like Martin Luther as such.... but something else.
Thank you so much! That is very kind and empathic indeed...馃槆

Registered
INFJ
I can, but also can't fit in with the stereotype that INFJs are deeply affectionate. When someone's upset about something, I don't openly share my affection with someone, but instead, I may distract them from being distraught, by somehow, subtly making them happy, in a way they might not even notice I'm doing it.
I may come across as cold, however, when someone is openly upset, and I stop taking care of them, because I know others will, and they might get mad if I do sometimes, because they want to be the good ones.
I don't apologize that often. Again, especially, when people are openly upset about things, and I am not the one that always says thank you every two seconds of my life (although I have improved).
I am not a narcissist (in a way), which I've heard only some INFJs are. I am sort of a narcissist when I get upset though, because I always think, why can't there be any more people like me in this world?.. But I am not a narcissist, because I always think of myself as even with everyone else, no matter what I do (everyone is as good as the other).
Also, INFJs tend to be more about things than people. It's hard to relate to this, because I've never found much interest in politics, and Psychology and the "behind-the-scenes" have been very natural to pick up on for me.

Reactions: Joe Black

Registered
INFJ 953
I can, but also can't fit in with the stereotype that INFJs are deeply affectionate. When someone's upset about something, I don't openly share my affection with someone,
That's interesting...
Paradoxically I'm either too cold and uncaring or caring too intensely... rather selectively caring.
  • Seeing 9/11 - (blank)
  • tradgedies - (bank)
  • mass murders - (blank)
  • world poverty - (blank)
  • a friend having family issues - (blank)
  • hearing about @Electra suffering at the hands of evil douchebags - "LET ME AT THEM!!!"
  • Apple making my software obsolete with next upgrade - Not buying another Apple product again! - Hearing that Apple uses child slave labour - "WTF? APPLE HAS GONE TOO FAR! Now I'm definitely not buying another Apple product! - Crap... every computer and electronics company has an unethical supply chain..."

I find ISTP also paradoxical like this... they seem cold and distant and uncaring most of the time but there are specific things that brings out their bubbly affection.

But seriously... if someone kills the one I love most, I won't flinch or seem sad as if nothing happened, but they're gonna wish they were never born.

Registered
I don't keep my thoughts just for myself.
I like and value emotions and feelings very much and I share them.
I do not agree with the fact that rationalism = truth or..correctness. I mean, I know there are situations where this is true and situations when it's not true.
I like to be very active (physically).
I don't wear just a black T-shirt and sneakers.
I don't hate people.
I'm not that messy.

Registered
INFJ 953
I don't keep my thoughts just for myself.
I like and value emotions and feelings very much and I share them.
I do not agree with the fact that rationalism = truth or..correctness. I mean, I know there are situations where this is true and situations when it's not true.
I like to be very active (physically).
I don't wear just a black T-shirt and sneakers.
I don't hate people.
I'm not that messy.
What MBTI type are you supposed to be? Guessing from your list... (thinking invertedly) INTJ? 馃槵馃槄 or INTP?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts