• ISTJ

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • ISTP

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • ISFP

• There's absolutely no correlation between MBTI Type and Simple Lifestyle!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Simple Living =
  • Not materialistic
  • Living on basic necessities as much as possible (and not due to religious obligations)
  • Does not care about having a big house or big car even though he/she has the money to buy it
  • Does not care what others think about their simple lifestyle
  • Cheapskate (Not in a negative way though...)
  • Living in his/her own world
  • Is not inclined to wear the latest fashion clothing or even dress-up nicely

I have a feeling that there maybe an MBTI correlation to it. Maybe not too strong but I'm sure you've observed one of your friends who behaves so.

Cast your votes!!

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
That's my ISTJ dad, pretty much hehe. Just based on that, I picked ISTJ...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's my ISTJ dad, pretty much hehe. Just based on that, I picked ISTJ...
Yeah, I had an ISTJ friend as well. He was kinda living in his own world. Most of his money went to savings and investment
But after a few years, he succumbed to the materialistic demands of society and bought a 5 series beamer

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I chose:
There's absolutely no correlation between MBTI Type and Simple Lifestyle...
Wouldn't Dominant Ni or Si, live in their own world? Their own internal world....

They have their own view on things and wouldn't easily succumb to the materialistic trends of society

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
INFJ for sure. They literally do not need things with Se being their last function and not having a near extroverted perceiving function.

Not sure bout intp's. Most of the women seem to care about their looks and what they dress much more than the INFJs i know.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
As a teenager and in my twenties I wanted to get rich but it was never for materialistic reasons but to obtain complete independence and choose what projects to work with - so I voted INTJ.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I picked both INFP and INTP. ...just from my observations, of course.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Type doesn't matter, anyone can live a simple lifestyle, I'm an ISTP and my dads an ASFP and we both live simple lifestyles.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'd say INxx's have a higher probability of living according to this lifestyle, but INTP's probably more so than the rest if collectively observed.

EDIT: I have noticed ISTP's are like this as well, but ISTJ's seem to be much different. Culture and environment play a HUGE part in the less-skeptical types such as xSTJ's.

·
Registered
INTP Female
26,829 Posts
I don't think there is much of a correlation, but I think INs would be more likely to match the description, so I voted for them and the no correlation options.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Based on personal experience, ISTJ hands down.

A lot of people are choosing INTP and ISTP which surprises me because the ones I know of those types are technophiles and really get into spending money on various gadgets. They also seem to spend rather freely in general.

·
Registered
533 Posts
based on people i know,
isfj
istj
esfj

i think infj has the potential to be simple living but i also think infjs are grounded in some items. especially with the introverted intution/dreamer/counselor mentality i have noticed with my wife she often needs certain things around or to do certain things in order to engage fully in those abilities. i don't think infjs are very simple or practical in day to day needs just because i don't think it is something that even matters to them. i think an infj would thrive in an environment where they didn't have to worry about how much money they spent or if there was food in the fridge or if there were little idiosyncratic things to do or to play with or whatever.

whereas for the esfj/estj/isfj/istj i think living simply is probably part of our personalities themselves. living simply means being attuned to your physical surroundings, what is physically there. for that reason i don't think an nf or an nt would be too concerned with living "simply" because i don't think they put much stock in what is around, and that is not really the definition of simple living. simple living is judging what you have, judging what you need, and judging how to get what you need in order to maximize how to get what you need with the least amount of what you have. it just doesn't strike me as something that interesting to a non-sensor.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts