Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
8/10. One of my favorite shows. I own a toy sonic screwdriver, and I did not get it as a kid. I listen to Chameleon Circuit.

Seasons 5 and 6 have for the most part been awesome (IMO). 1-4 ranged from good to awesome (IMO). I haven't seen much before the new series.
I particularly like Steven Moffat's writing style and the current cast. I can't wait to see the next companion (and the Doctor's new coat xD).

Edit; You can see for yourself, but I typed myself as INTP. On the chance that this is incorrect, the next most likely is INFP.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Depends on the era. Under Moffat (series 5-now), it's a 10/10 for me. I also love Series 1, the first two Hartnell seasons, and pretty much the entirety of Romana's run (seasons 16-18) to a similar degree. I'm an INTJ.

·
Registered
647 Posts
<------------ Ahem. See avatar and PerC name.

ISTJ.

10/10

·
Registered
152 Posts
6/10 - INTJ

Unneccessary comment: I love the more earlier, more simplistic episodes which just want to flaunt off scary aliens (ie Series 1 - 3) - I can't stand the more recent episodes which have stupidly complicated subplots. Doctor Who is supposed to be aimed at a family/child audience but the little love stories confuse the hell out of me. I just want to sit back and lose my thoughts for forty-five minutes - I don't want to get lost in River Song's confusing and boring back story.
I've also noticed that my favourite episodes all have a historical context to them - The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, The Idiot's Lantern, The Girl in the Fireplace, The Unquiet Dead.
So yeah, the older I get and the newer the series, the less I enjoy watching Doctor Who and the bigger a chore it becomes.

·
Registered
696 Posts
6/10 - INTJ

Unneccessary comment: I love the more earlier, more simplistic episodes which just want to flaunt off scary aliens (ie Series 1 - 3) - I can't stand the more recent episodes which have stupidly complicated subplots. Doctor Who is supposed to be aimed at a family/child audience but the little love stories confuse the hell out of me. I just want to sit back and lose my thoughts for forty-five minutes - I don't want to get lost in River Song's confusing and boring back story.
I've also noticed that my favourite episodes all have a historical context to them - The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, The Idiot's Lantern, The Girl in the Fireplace, The Unquiet Dead.
So yeah, the older I get and the newer the series, the less I enjoy watching Doctor Who and the bigger a chore it becomes.
This. It used to just be a fun sci-fi romp where every episode was something different. But then Matt Smith came, and the series stagnated something fierce. He's the same in every episode. The tone is the same in every episode. River Song is fucking boring and annoying in every episode she's in. Amy and Rory have been around way too long. There's hardly any real character development. Add to that the convoluted overarcing subplots (We still don't know why the fuck the TARDIS exploded way back in Series 5) and the show has really gone downhill since Moffat took over. Don't get me wrong, Moffat has written some great episodes in the past (Blink was phenomenal), but when the entire damn series has that same feel, it loses the effect. There's hardly any variety to the episodes anymore.

Currently: 5/10
Pre-Matt Smith: 9/10

·
Registered
172 Posts
ENTP. (Like the Doctor :D)

I consider myself a Doctor Who fan, but when I come across hardcore Doctor Who fans...well, nobody can really light a candle to them. xD So if 10 is 'Doctor Who is my life and I dress up as a Dalek for fun', I'd probably be around an 8/10 for the pre-Smith era i.e. 'I freaking love Doctor Who, and would possibly dress up as a Dalek if given the right situation'. I loved Tennant; he acted with so much depth and breadth, and the storylines were amazing and connected together and emotional and squeee.

However, I agree that it's currently been pretty lacking. 5-6/10, perhaps? I dislike how episodes aren't really linked to the others in an overall plot apart from the beginning and ends of a series (with possibly some bits in between that don't count, like the random cracks stuck into a basically standalone episode). I like sci-fi randomness and convoluted twists in the plot as much as the next person, but I also like the sense that the writers are taking you somewhere clever with the plot. About River Song: I really like her as a concept and thought the daughter thing was clever because I never expected it, but 'fucking boring and annoying in every episode she's in' is perhaps a good assessment of her characterisation.

I still love it all, though. I can't stop. COME BACK TO MY TV SCREEN NOW, PLEASE.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
ENTP. ^^^^Also like the Doctor ^^^^

10/10 It's held my interest for about 8 months now. It's a record.

Contrarily to the above posters, I sorta like River now.:unsure: I didn't initially, because I thought her femme fatale characterization was a bit shallow and unoriginal.

·
Registered
716 Posts
ENxP though I believe I'm more an ENFP
pre-Matt Smith- I'd give a 10/10 I just loved Tennant's acting and just the storyline as well as the romance between Rose & the Doctor x)
Matt Smith as the Doctor- 5/10 I just for some reason don't see much development within the story lines and I feel like things are just forced between River & The Doctor that's just my opinion x)

Reactions: Doctor von Science

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
ENFP, 10/10 with David Tennant!!!! :blushed:

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's one of my top 5 favorite shows ever. I've seen every episode of the new stuff and have just started the retro Doctor Who to occupy myself til season 7.

The one thing that really pissed me off was the season 4 finale. The one where Tennant accidentally clones himself, then his human clone gets stuck in another dimension with Rose. SUCH a lame cop out ending to the whole Rose-Doctor romance. Grrr. Also, I hated Donna. She was annoying and ugly.

·
Registered
412 Posts
INFJ, 8/10.

I have a lot of good and bad things to say about each doctor, each companion and each season. But that would take too long so I will just say I love this show overall (though so far I am disappointed with season 7).

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
9/10. ENTJ Love the old black and white ones, the 80's ones and the recent ones. I take them for what they're worth-fun escape. I too like the historical ones, but I truly enjoy the weird futuristic ones with enough cleverness to make them a bit like the twilight zone esque.

it's one of the series, should the end of the world come, I'd want the entire thing in my bunker.

Reactions: SiFan and Krelian91

·
Registered
696 Posts
9/10
Some of the episodes are stupid because they're basically there to just be there, not to enhance the story line :mellow:
That's not what makes episodes stupid. Some of the best episodes didn't "enhance the story line" at all. Blink, Midnight, Dalek, The Doctor's Wife... All completely independant episodes. Now granted, there are a lot of stupid episodes (I'm looking at you, Love and Monsters), but the lack of focus on an overarching story isn't what makes them stupid and isn't even necessarily a bad thing in general.

·
Registered
73 Posts
8/10 and I'm INTP

Doctor Who is a nice sci-fi series but nothing to be really hardcore about.
I watched some of the episodes from the revived series (Not the original :sad: , would like to see Genesis of the Daleks) and they're always interesting.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts