Personality Cafe banner

Which Myers Briggs Type Do You Find Most Difficult to Understand?

• INFP - The Idealists

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • INFJ - The Protectors

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • INTP - The Thinkers

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • INTJ - The Scientists

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • ISFP - The Artists

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • ISTP - The Mechanics

Votes: 28 10.3%
  • ISFJ - The Nurturers

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • ENFP - The Inspirers

Votes: 24 8.9%
  • ENFJ - The Givers

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • ENTP - The Visionaries

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • ENTJ - The Executives

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • ESFP - The Performers

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • ESTP - The Doers

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • ESFJ - The Caregivers

Votes: 13 4.8%
  • ESTJ - The Guardians

Votes: 32 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
ESFP or ESTJ. I don't really have anything in common with most ESFPs I meet, and ESTJs seem too bossy. If I had to choose between the two, I'd say ESTJs are harder to deal with though.

·
Registered
311 Posts
From personal experience as an ISFP, I'd say ISTP confounds me most. We take the the same situations and respond to them in extremely different ways though the T/F is our only MB difference. The way they function sometimes lacks an explanation altogether, completely, to me. When they use words, I could follow along, I can understand where they're coming from... but the things they do... and their reasons for them... crazy. Me living with my ISTP brother means me saying words like: Omg..., Wow..., Are we related..., WHY..., Don't do it!..., everyday multiple times. We get along great though, mostly because we're both reserved and because I'm so accommodating and adaptable! Haha! ISFPs seem to get along with everybody great though...

Other types seem to have more order, more feeling, or more reasoning and explanation.

·
Registered
227 Posts
ISTP, my brother's one. I just don't understand him sometimes.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I think people have interpreted this question in different ways. I took it to mean which type whose thought processes I find the most difficult to understand, or whose thought processes I don't know at all. Others have taken it as, knowing what the thought processes are, which type is the most difficult to deal with. Perhaps this is one of the reasons so many people have said ESTJ. I don't see how they're hard to understand, seeing as how they're very up front about what they do and why. Then again, perhaps some people don't understand even this....

·
MOTM Aug 2010
1,412 Posts
Based on the theory I would say dominant Fe-types (ENFJs and ESFJs), but I don't spend that much time with those kinds of people in real life. Based on experience, I voted for ENTJs. Even though I can usually get along with them, sometimes they can come across as always wanting to fix things even if they aren't broken, and with some of them I am often not on the same page.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
It's ENFJ for me. To this day I still don't understand my ex and the stupid things he does. (This is just my ex, not saying all ENFJs do dumb things! :tongue:) He really does confuse me though. :confused:

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
It is difficult for me to classify which types have better flaws than the others, so I can't choose which I find most difficult to comprehend. I find all types equally annoying :D
I think that I would have to second this notion, not because I find all types annoying. I don't feel comfortable or think about typing others since I saw the difficulty in finding my own best fit type. There are certain behaviors that I just try and steer clear of (possibly Fe), but would not go as far as to put a type with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ISTP. In typelogic, they say INFP view ISTP as an enigma. I have known two ISTPs in my life, a male and a female, and I have difficulty understanding where they are coming from.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think most of the xxTJ, Especially ESTJ, ISTJ and INTJ

·
Registered
501 Posts
I feel as though I can "get" most types, even if I wouldn't want to "get along" with them. However, the type that drives me craziest is the ENFP. What do these people want from me? A parade? A valentine a day? Too shifty, too emotional, too needy.

No offense to all you great ENFPs out there.

The irony is that I used to test as an ENFP before my brother pointed out what a Machiavellian bitch I can be. Then my ENTJ score suddenly made sense!:crazy:

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Aw, poor ENFPs getting the short end of the stick in all this :laughing: *pouncyhuggles*

I think it's funny that the type I'm most attracted to is the type I don't understand.

·
MOTM Aug 2010
1,412 Posts
Wow, my type is tied with ENFP at the moment . . . I'll admit that I don't even understand myself all that well, but am I the only person here who actually does understand ENFPs? :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Wow, my type is tied with ENFP at the moment . . . I'll admit that I don't even understand myself all that well, but am I the only person here who actually does understand ENFPs? :confused:
You're only being manipulated to understand us.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
You're only being manipulated to understand us.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, Lance :laughing: Clearly you cling to the idea of being misunderstood by all. This is just a protective measure. :shocked: Mhm. Yes, that's it.

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Whatever helps you sleep at night, Lance :laughing: Clearly you cling to the idea of being misunderstood by all. This is just a protective measure. :shocked: Mhm. Yes, that's it.
On the contrary I cling more to the idea of being understood.:happy:
I think people have interpreted this question in different ways. I took it to mean which type whose thought processes I find the most difficult to understand, or whose thought processes I don't know at all. Others have taken it as, knowing what the thought processes are, which type is the most difficult to deal with. Perhaps this is one of the reasons so many people have said ESTJ. I don't see how they're hard to understand, seeing as how they're very up front about what they do and why. Then again, perhaps some people don't understand even this....
I highly agree with this post. Instead of the word "Understand" , I should have used "Analyze"

·
Registered
70 Posts
I said ENTJ, as their description terrifies me the most - however, I also don't understand ESFP's (in some aspects...) or ENTP's.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I said ENTJ, as their description terrifies me the most - however, I also don't understand ESFP's (in some aspects...) or ENTP's.
Ooh ooh! Someone who doesn't undestand ENTP's! Ask me anything you'd like to know about us, and I'll explain. Unless you don't want to know :sad: ...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ooh ooh! Someone who doesn't undestand ENTP's! Ask me anything you'd like to know about us, and I'll explain. Unless you don't want to know :sad: ...
Hahaaaa!! I don't even understand you guys well enough to know what it is I don't understand. And I think the one in particular I REALLY don't get is mostly just a clash of personal preference anyway. I like the online ENTP's just fine. Him, I can't stand, even online. (Ha. When talking on a personality forum, you have to avoid using "personality clash". It does not solve problems.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was hard to follow directions here... for some reason my brain kept changing the question to "which type pisses you off the most."
Honestly, the three types that6 I simply cannot understand are ENFPs, ISFPs, and ESTJs; its just too hard to pick a winner.
ENFPs manage to astound and frustrate me at the same time. ISFPs seem to be lacking any sort of logic whatsoever. And I've never met an ESTJ who is any good at listening, conversing, or discussing; simply talking.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.