Personality Cafe banner

Which Myers Briggs Type Do You Find Most Difficult to Understand?

• INFP - The Idealists

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • INFJ - The Protectors

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • INTP - The Thinkers

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • INTJ - The Scientists

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • ISFP - The Artists

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • ISTP - The Mechanics

Votes: 28 10.3%
  • ISFJ - The Nurturers

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • ENFP - The Inspirers

Votes: 24 8.9%
  • ENFJ - The Givers

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • ENTP - The Visionaries

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • ENTJ - The Executives

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • ESFP - The Performers

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • ESTP - The Doers

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • ESFJ - The Caregivers

Votes: 13 4.8%
  • ESTJ - The Guardians

Votes: 32 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
I would have to say, my own type.. i do not understand male INFPs... they remind me of INTPs but... not... i dont really understand them very well... :mellow:

·
Registered
60 Posts
For me, tie between ENFJ and ENTJ. Please understand, this has been just my personal experience, but I really wonder how they (the ones I have come into contact with) are able to sleep at night.
This made me lol... How do you mean able to sleep at night? You make us sound really sinister lol.

I voted for ENTP anyway... Only when I first think I understand them, they always manage to leave me farther off in understanding them. It gets frustrating, because I have an eager curiosity to understand everything.

Now if the question was who do you understand but can't deal with? ENFP for sure. One of the warmest most lovable of people, but there is no pleasing them. It feels like they test you to your limits sometimes.

Also does anyone notice that most people voted against their opposite functions? T against F and vice versa? :tongue:

·
MOTM Aug 2010
1,412 Posts
Aw, poor ENFPs getting the short end of the stick in all this :laughing: *pouncyhuggles*

I think it's funny that the type I'm most attracted to is the type I don't understand.
You know, Arioche is actually happy that she's tied for the lead. I'm not sure why she wants her type to be the least understood, though. :confused:

·
Registered
368 Posts
This poll is completely biased because first of all it's voluntary sample and second of all it depends on your perspective and we don't know the types of the voters. Just saying.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
This poll is completely biased because first of all it's voluntary sample and second of all it depends on your perspective and we don't know the types of the voters. Just saying.
Obviously. :laughing: It's an internet poll on a forum about MBTI. It's loaded with biases. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy it for discussion's sake.

TenMac said:
I voted for ENTP anyway... Only when I first think I understand them, they always manage to leave me farther off in understanding them. It gets frustrating, because I have an eager curiosity to understand everything.
This, I believe, is part of our charm. At least, I like to think it's charming :laughing:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
INFPs. If you tested me years ago, I'd have come out as INFP, but I don't understand them at all. Some of the things they do, and the way they see things are just... Completely enigmatic.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh the enigma....the ENIGMA... :confused:

You are not meant to understand us...that's the the whole point of inspiration...you don't know where that fire in the belly comes from but it just does and you go with it...

Now, the type that I do not understantd (sigh)...ISTJ...polar oppositude at it's finest...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I definitely don't understand ISTJs. How can someone just be so...stable? I guess we ENFPs are traditionally known for that. With all the ISTJs I know, I feel like I can never win arguments because we fight with such different mindsets, so what each one of us says never really affects the other. And I always get mad while they calmly use logic. Most frustrating thing EVER. I get mad thinking about it. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
603 Posts
My sister is an ISTJ and we get along very well. For some reason, knowing her intimately as I do, I don't necessarily see her as simply an ISTJ, which is why I didn't choose that combination in this poll.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm baffled by the sheer amounts of people who said ISTP or ESTJ.
For me, they are so easy to 'get' including the hows, whys, etc.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
INFJs & INTJs are the most difficult. I voted for INFJs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I haven't fully researched all the types yet, and I'm not always able to guess or assign a type to everyone in my life. From my limited experience trying to sort this way though, I'd say the most enigmatic type for me to understand has been, well, my enigma type. I started dating my current boyfriend (ISTP) around the same time I really started to read up on MBTI, and I was flabbergasted at their entirely different approach to everything. I think working toward a stronger understanding has certainly enriched my own personality though. It's been nice getting my head out of the clouds now and again, and if anyone can help you live in the moment, it's an ISTP. :happy:

If we're talking type that annoys me most, I think ESFJ would win out...I was raised by one, and while I certainly am not going to judge all ESFJs by my experiences with my aunt, it's certainly been a confusing and frustrating roller coaster ride.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
ENTPs we are failures. We are easily understood. *Sad Face*

*Happy Face in private* *whispers to self* "thats what we want them to think"

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
ENTPs we are failures. We are easily understood. *Sad Face*

*Happy Face in private* *whispers to self* "thats what we want them to think"
Maybe people don't know many ENTPs in their lives? :mellow: Although, I don't think I'm particularly hard to understand. I'll surprise you, yeah, but I'm pretty genuine and up-front.

·
MOTM Aug 2010
1,412 Posts
So I see ESTJ has taken the lead now, and ENFP has moved down to third! Are you going to "QQ" now, Yoshi? :tongue:

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Maybe people don't know many ENTPs in their lives? :mellow: Although, I don't think I'm particularly hard to understand. I'll surprise you, yeah, but I'm pretty genuine and up-front.
*Pokes* You're such a cutie lately :D I know we can be quite easy to understand. I also know that quite a few people I've seen say they don't understand ENTPs at all. So I decide to make a joke about it :D I didn't get the comedian award for nothing, and it almost looks like it has my face on it.

I'll explain. I try to combine Serious Topics with Comedic elements. Think of George Carlin, or Any ENTP comedian for that matter.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.