Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that a lot of NTs space out when they get bored. Realizing this is not always the case I still feel curious to know which does it the most. I want to know what you guys think and why.

Here is my take:

ENTP: Ne + Ti + Fe + Si = No.Because Ne is their strongest function I realize that it is indeed iNtuition but it is most certainly extraverted. ENTPs are not the biggest spacers.

ENTJ: Te + Ni + Se + Fi = No.Again with the strongest function extraverted, it is very unlikely that their boredom results in a lot of spacing, even though they use Ni next.

INTP: Ti + Ne + Si + Fe = No. With their most dominant function being introverted, it would seem that they get their ideas internally but that is a result of Ni not Ne.

INTJ: Ni + Te + Fi + Se = Yes. Ni is probably the most rebellious function to the real world. Not only that, it seems that most INTJs are spacing off not because of boredom, but for fun!

Winners: INTJs

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Are you kidding? Ne makes me space out a lot.

·
Registered
657 Posts
INTP: Ti + Ne + Si + Fe = No. With their most dominant function being introverted, it would seem that they get their ideas internally but that is a result of Ni not Ne.
I don't quite understand how this disqualifies INTPs.
An INTP's Ti is fed by Ne. Picture a little Ti dude building a tower out of stuff that a little Ne dude found. Sometimes Ne finds stuff in the external world, but he sometimes gets it from another guy called Si. I'm picturing tiny stick men here. Anyway, since towers are so fun to build, you concentrate on it too much and space out.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It's hard to say because I've seen INTP's that are really spacey and INTP's that aren't very spacey. Also I've seen INTJ's that are really spacey and INTJ's that aren't really spacey. I've theorized about it before but my experience betrays me.

I will say I'm inclined to think it's INTP's because INTP's feel no need to apply any of their knowledge. Once they figure something out they just move on to figuring something else out, never getting to real practical action.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
INFP = most spacey type period (ie. the dreamer)

INTP = Rational version of INFP, ergo spaciest NT type (ie. the thinker) I realize that wasn't exactly logic there, but...meh. I still think I have a point.

Unless you think INFJ's are spacier than INFP's...

EDIT: Just a thought; the INFP's F brings them back to people (and, thus, the real world). So perhaps we are the spaciest type period? I know I'm the spaciest person I've ever met...and I know quite a few INFP's (and INTJ's for that matter, Garet).

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would agree my brother is an INFP and he is an idiot. He can't even like operate the coffee maker.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Obviously extroverts are disqualified, but I say INTP. Ne is more random; Yes, INTJs are usually in their own world, but that is more intentional and focused. Part of being spacey is having no control over it.

Reactions: Psilocin

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
It depends. INTPs I can definitely see the argument, but with INTJ I find the focus & intention is what keeps me spaced- I'm to interested in my book/plans to notice the telephone pole I just biked into, for instance. And I tend to leave books in the fridge when I snack, then find another one I'm also reading as I go back to my room...once left 3 in there before I caught on. Lotta telephone poles too. INTJ on a mission! :crazy:
I think I'll go with tie between the 2 Is.

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm going with INTPs. Not necessarily because we're more spacey but because it just seems to take longer for Ti to "process".

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
ENTP is Ne-dominant, so I'm gonna have to guess that one, although INTPs probably spend more time in their heads, so that would be my second guess. Any Ne user is going to be more spacey than a Ni user.

Reactions: Aero

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I'm spacey as fuck and I can easily lay in bed all day so captivated within my own mind. On the outside I seem spacey but on the inside, my mind is very focused. I also have AD/HD so that changes a lot of things....

·
Registered
749 Posts
Listen, I've gotten so bad that I don't really even remember being at work these days. I can day dream while doing my effing job! And everyone is happy with the job I'm doing too. I'm kind of afraid something huge is gonna slip by one of these days but it hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
INTP is the spaciest NT, by far.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts