Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Pride

Votes: 15 53.6%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I'll bite. Pride.

I'm pretty image conscious and tend to be vain or a show off. I think of how I'm received to a group and how that affects me. I don't like being proven wrong publically or questioned. I think of myself as the proverbial 'star' of the show and enjoy displaying competence openly.

At the same time, I don't want to think of myself as not worthwhile and I want this show to have a good star.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I have to pick?

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Meh. Pffft. I'm an atheist. Christian ethics have no meaning for me.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Blah blah. Everyone's atheist (or most likely). Let's try to salvage some value out of this thread. Even if it's just entertainment.

Reactions: Dalton and Ugunti

·
Registered
340 Posts
Pride, greed, wrath and sloth in that order. Sloth in the sense that I really do a lot of stuff, but I care most about creating and organizing plans, not practical implementation of someone who has more of those skills.

I'm not motivated to do pointless shit.

·
Registered
ENTJ, 8w7
2,779 Posts
Wrath.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
You've noticed how there's people who is happy when someone else wins?
People who say "Winning is not what matters, but participating"?
Folks who clap and cheer to the team who won?

Well... I'm not one of those. I'd rather be caught dead than recognizing (let alone celebrating) defeat. To me, that's not "being mature"; it's insulting, demeaning and humilliating. I'd have to say I'm a mixture of Wraith and Pride. I defeated Gluttony a few years ago, Greed and Envy have never had power over me and Sloth... we have an on/off relationship. Lust... I can feel it but I never let it take control of me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wrath leads the way - I am like a berserker once I really get mad... It is a real poison for my life and the pandora box for other sins.

The naming is misleading: A sin becomes deadly only if you gather ALL those conditions:

- Commit the sin with full consent and awareness
- The gravity of the sin qualifies it for being deadly

The seven so-called "deadly" sins are actually "vices" which are "Achilles' heels" of the soul. Not getting control over the weak points will continuously trigger the fall to other sins (and eventually truly deadly ones). The vice(s) you may have are however not necessarily deadly but they will keep tainting your life if you do not encounter them with the corresponding virtue(s). In the case of wrath it is forgiveness...

Nobody said it would be easy!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I enjoy the lack of ENTJs susceptible to Sloth.
You would not be an ENTJ if you would not strive for success and sloth is its worse enemy.

"Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." Vince Lombardi

·
Registered
640 Posts
Meh. Pffft. I'm an atheist. Christian ethics have no meaning for me.
>Not christian

So...

Lol, always love it when people feel the need to shout to the world that they're atheist like anyone cares. Honestly being an atheist is the cool thing nowadays, just like being gay is. Sure, atheists and gays use to be persecuted, but so did Christians, Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Whites, Yellows, Reds, Buddhists, Hindus, Midgets, Dwarves, Women, Poor, Rich, Men, Witches, and pretty much every group that's ever existed.

I've never ever in my life had a conversation with an atheist where I didn't hold my own (I shit all over them, but I'm always nice about it). The biggest cult in the world, also known as Atheism, for whatever reason, thinks that science and reason are at their back, when it's entirely the opposite. Human understanding of the universe is so minuscule it's irrelevant, and that's their biggest problem when they try to talk to someone with an ounce of knowledge.

It's very easy for them to pick out the uneducated and ask them questions that they obviously do not have the answers to, than to seek out someone who is educated on the subjects they want to debate. They also always want to bring up Stephen Hawking, and don't get me wrong the dude's a genius, but he's basing all his hypothesis for the way the universe was formed off incomplete data. And he subsequently just shoves a bunch of made up theory into all the gaping holes of his actual theory.

Theories that have been disproven by men such as Vilenkin. And that's when all the Atheistic scientists step in and begin to change their theory around the new information to make it work again (which is exactly what they accuse the religious people of doing ironically). But hey, you're gonna believe what you want to believe and far be it from me to reason with those who are unreasonable.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention...

I'm Christian, so identifying with one of the deadly sins would be sacrilege.

And since non-Christians are apparently unwilling to identify either, this thread is doomed.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
Lol, always love it when people feel the need to shout to the world that they're atheist like anyone cares. Honestly being an atheist is the cool thing nowadays, just like being gay is. Sure, atheists and gays use to be persecuted, but so did Christians, Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Whites, Yellows, Reds, Buddhists, Hindus, Midgets, Dwarves, Women, Poor, Rich, Men, Witches, and pretty much every group that's ever existed.

I've never ever in my life had a conversation with an atheist where I didn't hold my own (I shit all over them, but I'm always nice about it). The biggest cult in the world, also known as Atheism, for whatever reason, thinks that science and reason are at their back, when it's entirely the opposite. Human understanding of the universe is so minuscule it's irrelevant, and that's their biggest problem when they try to talk to someone with an ounce of knowledge.

It's very easy for them to pick out the uneducated and ask them questions that they obviously do not have the answers to, than to seek out someone who is educated on the subjects they want to debate. They also always want to bring up Stephen Hawking, and don't get me wrong the dude's a genius, but he's basing all his hypothesis for the way the universe was formed off incomplete data. And he subsequently just shoves a bunch of made up theory into all the gaping holes of his actual theory.

Theories that have been disproven by men such as Vilenkin. And that's when all the Atheistic scientists step in and begin to change their theory around the new information to make it work again (which is exactly what they accuse the religious people of doing ironically). But hey, you're gonna believe what you want to believe and far be it from me to reason with those who are unreasonable.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention...

I'm Christian, so identifying with one of the deadly sins would be sacrilege.

And since non-Christians are apparently unwilling to identify either, this thread is doomed.
Lol, I always love it when people feel the need to post quote others as a jumping off point for a rambling word salad that's irrelevant to the thread about some personal discussion they've had with a third party in which they paint themselves as the "winnner" of that argument.

Got a story to tell? Fine. Tell it. Stop post quoting me if you don't have anything to directly say to me. And no, I don't want to debate atheism with you, so don't go there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts