Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Pride

Votes: 4 14.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Gluttony and sloth. Glothony?

Also, it might be important to note that the number of sins has changed over time. The one I remember off the top of my head is that sloth used to be divided into two sins, sadness and apathy. Sadness is the act of being in a perpetual depressed state and doing nothing to improve your condition, and apathy means not caring about what's happening around you.

There's also a lot of overlap with lust and gluttony, but the latter is more specifically directed at overindulgence in material needs whereas lust could cover overindulging creature needs as well (since the basic point of lust is the desire for sexual deviance, and gluttony for binge eating, though both are deeper then that.)

I've seen a lot of confusion about the difference between greed and envy too; greed means a broad desire to own everything, while envy only wants what other people have and is never satisfied with it in the end.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You might want an explanation of your definition of the sins first. Is lust a large sexual appetite which can be towards one person or only a sexual appetite which results in cheating/disloyal behaviour? Is gluttony eating more than you need to survive or just ridiculously surplus amounts (when only referring to food...)

I can interpret these sins a lot of different ways.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I'm somewhere between envy, sloth, and wrath. In fact, I'm leaning more towards wrath lately, which is odd. I never used to get angry, and now I do. :unsure:. But for sure I'm lazy as hell and spend an unhealthy amount of time comparing myself to others. Does that count as envy?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Used to be all seven for me but over time they dropped off one by one, except lust. That's probably permanent. If I were capable of willing away my libido I could move mountains with my mind. Knowing that's impossible I'm at peace with my lust as long as I don't act on it or dwell on it. I was created with it but I have free will not to be consumed by it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Reactions: Wellsy

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
ALL OF THEM >:D

To some extent.

Well, maybe not wrath. I don't get much opportunity for gluttony either since I'm still poor and barely a healthy weight, but if I'm rich one day it might be time to kick back and break out the chocolate and hitmen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts