• Envy

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Pride

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Pride, definitely...wait, that's supposed to be a sin? I think a healthy dose of pride is a great thing :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
A healthy dose of anything is a great lol

I'm lazy, and I could explain why but the first thing to come to mind is "Eh! Too much work!"
Likely a defense mechanism to remind myself I can only do so much and not spend myself too thin

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Probably envy. I tend to run into a lot of mental "grass is greener" scenarios. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I chose envy and sloth. I work hard in my studies, volunteering, etc, I'm very considerate and blah, blah, blah, BUT it takes me a lot of effort to start doing things. Lots of it is procrastination, and I know that it's more to do with perfectionism/pessimism rather than actual sloth, but I still struggle with pulling my stuff together and finish what I start. Then, I know I pretty much envy people and try to accomplish as much as them; I have some bad comparing attitudes that makes me feel soo bad, but I've learned to tame it and become focused on myself.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Envy. I'm constantly wishing I was like other people.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Greed, I guess. But I satiate it with effort and ambition. I think the seven deadly sins in the diagnostic sense can all be boiled down to either wanting more than you objectively are entitled to. Because even if you're a high functioning person you're still going to experience every one of these sins from time to time. And I think that's normal. It's okay to get angry (wrath) if someone pisses in your cornflakes, but it's not okay to have a tantrum if someone looks at you funny. It's okay to wake up on a sunny Saturday and just want to eat ice cream and watch movies. But it's not okay to quit your job because you don't get along with your colleagues, hoping your family will cover your bills. And so on :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
the one that eats at me is definitely envy that stems from a strong sense pride that can easily make me feel inadequate, and when hurt that becomes wrath to cope with hurt pride. but envy defines me more

1 - 11 of 11 Posts