*Xenocentric/very interested in other cultures
*Anime fan
*Harry potter or Twilight fan
*Prefer Pixar over 20th century Disney

·
Banned
72 Posts
Only two.

- I like anime. Specially when it turns so psychologic.
- I'm interested in other cultures.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
*Owning an iphone
-Nope

*Food allergies
-Allergic to milk

*Vegan/Vegetarian
-Nope

*Miley Cyrus fan
-Nope

*Have a friend named Jayden or Aiden
-Nope

*Weren't allowed to play outside when you were little
-Nope

-Absolutely

*Anime fan
-Absolutely

-Harry Potter was pretty fun to watch

-Nope. I prefer the old Disney movies.

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
Bold - Completely True
Italics - Somewhat True
Nothing - Not True

*Owning an iphone

*Food allergies
*Vegan/Vegetarian (no, although I'm interested in trying out vegetarianism someday)
*Miley Cyrus fan
*Anime fan

So yeah, this list doesn't really apply to me much at all, but I'm also a week away from turning 19. I'd like to see one of these done for Gen Y, too, so we can see if people born around 1995, 1996, etc. relate more to Gen Y traits.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
How many of these describe you?

*Owning an iphone
*Food allergies
*Vegan/Vegetarian
*Miley Cyrus fan
*Anime fan
Owning an iPhone: Yes
Food Allergies: No
Miley Cyrus Fan: No
Have a friend named Jayden or Aiden: I honestly didn't know this was a stereotype, personally I do not know many people named Jayde or Aiden, but I know a lot of people named Mike, Chris, Matt, Daniel & Nick for guys, Sam, Amanda, Ashley, Hailey, & Megan for girls

Weren't Allowed to Play outside as a kid: I was allowed to play outside, I grew up playing with my neighbors on my block, going to the park together, playing tag, red light green light, hide and seek. We rode bikes together, went to the store to get candy or in the summertime we would get Italian Ices, and just so many more fun memories. If playing on your video games or iPads all day is the stereotype for Gen Z then I personally do not relate to it. Yeah I had my PS1/PS2 and Gameboy as a kid and I did have a lot of fun playing these systems, however I was not that kind of kid that stayed in the house all day. Even now I still game a lot on my PS4 but I usually game for about an hour or two then I go outside in my backyard and shoot some hoops. Once in a while I might binge watch a tv show but thats only for about 2 hours at the most and I usually get bored and go outside and just do stuff; hang out with friends, going to the mall, driving around, stuff like that.

I notice thats a pretty big difference between myself and my 13 year old cousin who spending his spring break at my house right now. He's very anti social, he stays on his ipad all day (it almost seems like he never takes a break from it), and when I ask him to shoot some hoops with me he usually refuses and plays on my PS4. I notice this even when he was a kid, like when he was 8 he got his own desktop in his room, a flat screen tv, a GameCube, Wii, Xbox 360, GameBoy Advance and Nintendo D.S, his own Blu Ray Player, and a iPod touch. Most of these technologies I didn't get till I was well into my teens and even then I still know how to manage myself between devices. Anyways sorry about this long rant but its just something I noticed between myself and my supposed Gen Z cousin, I love him but there are times when he kind of irratates me.

Xenocentric: Yes

Anime fan: Yes

Harry Potter or Twilight Fan: Yes for Potter no for Twilight but I have friends who are into both

Prefer Pixar over 20th century Disney: I grew up watching a lot of Pixar movies when they were "new", so thats more my time. But I still prefer the 2d animated films, especially the 90s Disney Films as I used to watch those in the very early 00s before Pixar made a name for itself

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Bold - Completely True
Italics - Somewhat True
Nothing - Not True

*Owning an iphone

*Food allergies
*Vegan/Vegetarian (no, although I'm interested in trying out vegetarianism someday)
*Miley Cyrus fan
*Anime fan

So yeah, this list doesn't really apply to me much at all, but I'm also a week away from turning 19. I'd like to see one of these done for Gen Y, too, so we can see if people born around 1995, 1996, etc. relate more to Gen Y traits.
I agree I have the feeling older Gen Zers are really more like Gen Yers

·
Registered
727 Posts
*Owning an iphone
Yep, but I like the older phones better; so minimal.

*Food allergies
I don't know. I dislike most pork/beef stuff, though.

*Vegan/Vegetarian
*Miley Cyrus fan
^^Nope to three of them.

Nope. I was allowed. I prefer playing alone than with people (most of the time). I prefer playing PC games at home more instead of playing outside.

Nope.

Seen some films from both of them. Not my cup of tea but they're not bad either.

Yep.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
*Owning an iphone
*Food allergies
*Vegan/Vegetarian
*Miley Cyrus fan
*Anime fan
*Prefer Pixar over 20th century Disney (I have no preference TBH)

·
Warden-Commander
24,113 Posts
*Owning an iphone
nope
*Food allergies
if lactose intolerance counts
*Vegan/Vegetarian
nah
*Miley Cyrus fan
nah
nope
False
Yup
*Anime fan
Yup
Harry Potter, kinda
neutral

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Some are true:

*I hate admitting to it, but yes, I am one of the many generation Z members who owns an iPhone.
*I'm allergic to wheat, so I believe that counts.
*When I was a kid, my parents were terrified I would be raped by a pedophile, so I wasn't allowed to play outside.
*I'm very interested in other cultures.
*Yes, I love Harry Potter. I wouldn't touch Twilight in a million years, however.

Some are false:

*In all honesty, I find vegan/vegetarianism rather dumb as we are biologically designed to eat meat, but that's just me.
*Miley Cyrus is a disgrace to humanity, and should be burned at the stake in cold blood.
*I've met an Aiden, not his friend. I have yet to meet a Jayden. Both spelling of those names are a bit odd and are not even considered correct by spell-check, haha.

The part about 20th century Disney vs. Pixar is difficult. I guess I like Pixar because of how it has more culturally acceptable and relevant themes, and doesn't have flat characters. However there is that magic of the old Disney movies that we just can't emulate nowadays.

Reactions: donnie darko

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
*Owning an iphone
No.
*Food allergies
I'm sensitive to plain eggs (when they're not in something) but not allergic.
*Vegan/Vegetarian
Hmm...I could be a vegetarian if I tried. Probably not a vegan since I live where there's so much good cheese.
*Miley Cyrus fan
No.
Where'd you get this one from?
No, I went outside all of the time...now I don't go outside much.
Absolutely.
*Anime fan
Not really
Harry Potter
Sometimes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
*Owning an iphone
Nada
*Food allergies
Nope
*Vegan/Vegetarian
Vegetarian
*Miley Cyrus fan
Hell yes
My ex boyfriends name is Jayden hahaha
What on Earth is this real
I get it from my mother, but yes
*Anime fan
Nah
Nah
Couldn't care less about either

·
Registered
146 Posts
*In all honesty, I find vegan/vegetarianism rather dumb as we are biologically designed to eat meat, but that's just me.
*Miley Cyrus is a disgrace to humanity, and should be burned at the stake in cold blood.
1) I've been a vegetarian for 8 years of my life and have yet to run into any health issues, and do it for moral reasons (ie. the meat market is absolutely disgraceful). Also, if we were "biologically designed" enough for it to render vegetarianism dumb, all our teeth would be canines.

2) I'm guessing your opinion on Miley Cyrus is formed off of what other people say, which is sad. Miley Cyrus is an excellent role model for young women in taking control of their own sexuality and not standing for doing what people want. She is a feminist and founded The Happy Hippie Fund, a non-profit foundation for homeless LGBT youth, and works closely with My Friends Place, another foundation to support homeless youth. She uses her fame to spread awareness of injustice and animal rights. Please don't talk shit about her.

·
Registered
389 Posts
*Anime fan
^These.
I don't like the word "fan" though.

I like the Harry Potter movies and what i read of the 7th book but i'm not a "potterhead" or anything fancy like that, i just like it as a decent series.
Twilight... not at all.

I can't even tell the difference right away... okay after googling it i can say i don't have a preference... i'm not the most nostalgic type.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I love anime of all kind though I don't really seek it out. I'm interested in some cultures such as European and Asian cultures while not into others.

The rest I don't relate to.

·
Registered
183 Posts
*Owning an iphone
Galaxy S5
*Food allergies
Nope
*Vegan/Vegetarian
Carnivore
*Miley Cyrus fan
No
Nope
Spent lots of time outside
I guess.
*Anime fan
I'm a bit of an anime fan. I've probably seen more anime than anyone in my school, but no one knows or expects that of me.
Nope
Neither

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'll touch on the ones that applies to me in some way:

-I was allowed to play outside, however, I was not allowed to simply go off and play with any of the neighbors' kids or visit anyone else in our neighborhood. This seemed pretty straightforward to me though because in my mind, I'm thinking just how odd it would be to simply walk up to some else's property and hang out (especially with obvious "NO TRESPASSING" signs peppered around the block).

-Anime? I used to frequently watch them day after day, but after awhile, got bored. I definitely have my favorites though.

-I used to have a sim-card-less iPhone 2G (technically the first gen) during the time iPhone 4's were popular. Wanted a taste of that Apple fun, y'know? My first phone was actually a cheap Pay as You Go non-smartphone in 8th grade mainly for "emergencies." Around last summer, I finally got and still currently own a Moto G from Republic Wireless. It's just so mind blowing how children now have the newest iPhone 6's casually playing games. I could understand iPod Touches (are those still being made?), but holy cow, those are expensive phone plans!

-Interest in other cultures? Sure! I want to travel far and wide! Meet new people, have new experiences, maybe pick up on a language, etc. One day... one day.

The rest of those stereotypes simply don't align with me.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts