Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know what what you guys have to say about the senses! I personally trust taste the most because there is no fooling the tongue.:tongue:

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
24 Posts
Personally, I trust touch the most. I learn best by actually doing the task because I will remember the feel of what I'm doing better than the words.

My eyesight is terrible (but I have an optometrist appt tomorrow afternoon!)

Because of my terrible eyesight, I have the weird thing where my hearing decreases when I take off my glasses. It's very bizarre. I hear less well when I can't see.

I only trust taste in certain circumstances. I'm one of those Super Tasters so things taste very differently to me than they do other people.

Smell is easily overwhelmed and can be entirely removed by seasonal allergies or a cold.

And I don't believe in the existence of a sixth sense. So, I think that covers them all!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I can't say I really "trust" one more than the other, it's just whichever one gets hit first. Having said that, in my line of work (electrical/mechanical), you can often smell and hear problems before you see them.

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Sight. Although I suffer from astigmatism, I still trust what I can see with my own two eyes more so than not. Also, when I'm learning a new activity or skill, I learn best by watching the first time, and then doing it myself.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I trust touch the most because I've never had a hallucination that has gone as far as being touchable. :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Although this does not count as one of the senses, I trust my guts. lol...No, seriously I'll have to go with the sense of touch.

Reactions: sriracha

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I trust my ears to do the hearing, my eyes to do the vision, skin to do the touch, the tongue to do the taste and the nose to do the smell.

I do not trust my tongue to do the seeing. Oh and especially the nose not to do the taste.

Reactions: niss and SirBlunder

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sight. For about 90% of things in life, I must see it to know it exists. Considering how I spend most of my life reading, if I lost sight, I'd be useless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts