1 - 20 of 731 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Statistics have shown that
- Introvert are 60% more likely to have higher IQ than Extroverts
- 75% of High IQ types are NTs

So I presume it's either INTP or INTJ is the smartest.....

·
Registered
INTJ
1,506 Posts
Statistics have shown INTJ. Though, I think INTJ has a more balanced intelligence, like a combination of the logical abilities of the INTP and the creative and writing abilities of the INFP. Our powerful intuition is often more efficient than logic or feeling. But I fear becoming the jack of all trades and the master of none. Yes, the average INTJ is smarter than the average INTP, but they have Einstein and Leonardo Da Vinci. Then again, Newton, I've always seen typed as INTJ. Actually, there are about 1.5 times as many INTP as INTJ, so that may have something to do with this imbalance.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Firstly, define intelligence. Secondly, I agree with DH in that whilst types may be seen by others as more intelligent, intelligent people are found in all types.
Define Intelligence.... hmmm

I see it as Ti vs Ni

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I think that they have equal capacity for intelligence, but maybe intjs have more focus in certain areas. Ne tends to make nps mind wander but it also allows connections to be made within a bigger picture. If I wanted an -expert- in a -certain- area, I would probably pick an intj. If I was looking for interesting new developments in a field, intp. I agree that is depends on how we are measuring intelligence as well. I read an article on iq once that basically narrowed it down to intj being most likely to have higher iq. It went by introversion vs extroversion, n vs s, t, vs f.. Then again, this is only -likely- and whos to say those statistics on each preference were even accurate? And that is just iq. I don't think it means much at all. I think that there is also a sort of stereotype that goes with intj being more intelligent, perhaps because they are more in-your-face about it, unlike the intp who usually doesn't express it so overtly.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
If I wanted an -expert- in a -certain- area, I would probably pick an intj. If I was looking for interesting new developments in a field, intp.
I'm inclined to agree with this. I think the J function helps in areas that are already well mapped out, while the P function helps in a more general sense.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Whichever one I decide is my type. :tongue:

Reactions: JoetheBull

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
personality type may be a determining factor but I'm a ENFP I have a IQ of 125 and I scored 85 on a ASVAB where as one of my INTJ freiend is 122 and he scored 74 on the ASVAB

·
Registered
141 Posts
(If someone could post them as proper pictures/a mod could edit my post that'd be great, I don't have the 10 posts I need to post them yet.)
fileupyours.com/files/251501/thedata.bmp
fileupyours.com/files/251501/thegraph.bmp

Found this on some forum, they used the data of the following study: psych.wisc.edu/henriques/papers/Sak.pdf

IQ wise INTJs > INTP tho. And in the end it's just IQ and doesn't matter too much, but saying that there's no correlation is still ridiculous. It's just about likelyhood, obviously every type can be very intelligent.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
IQ tests tend to focus on abstract reasoning (with some memory thrown in and some language), but the abstract reasoning is the forefront. Problem is that most don't measure applicable knowledge or even integrate EQ.

Intuitives tend to test higher because the higher focus on abstract reasoning, also IQ tends to test for the though pattern of an N, or NT.

The test is sort of made for them, personally I prefer the thought pattern of an INTP, the free-flowing sort is just nice.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Neither, because I don't believe that type has a correlation with 'intelligence.'
I believe DarkestHour is right.

Unless of course you wanted personal opinion.....
Then I choose INTP.....Oh wait but INTJ's are the mastermind's.....
No, but INTPs have great leaps of thought........
Wait, I enjoy conversing with INTJs........But my sister and mum are INTPs......

Crap! I can't choose.
I choose both!

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
IQ is a questionable idea altogether.
But if we were speaking of intelligence strictly in terms of abstract reasoning alone, then I would say that both INTJ and INTP are highly intelligent in this regard, just in different ways, as has already been stated. An INTJ will be the expert on a subject; the INTP will be the person making theoretical advancements in a certain field.

1 - 20 of 731 Posts