·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm probably the Guru.

Reactions: Dalien

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
HAHAHA wow what a crazy - interesting article! Hilarious too.

He makes us sound completely insane.

I think growing up I was the academic. In college I was the academic with some destroyer of worlds probably. Since then that has died and I think the revolutionary has been developing (academic is still here).

The SP wannabe reminded me of when I play sports. I morph into this for physical activity-related stuff (not for anything else).

·
Registered
737 Posts
All varied from time to time in my own life.

As an adolescent and through high-school, I'd say I was 'revolutionary' and 'false guru'.
And then through my freshman and sophomore year of college I'd say I was 'academic' and, again, 'false guru'.
I became educated and was strictly 'academic' throughout my junior year.
And my senior year I was all about 'gypsy king' and 'SP wannabe'.
Right now I'd like to be 'guru' but I'm mostly a 'SP wannabe'.

And when I've temporarily lost my mind I'm quite 'cobra'.
And I'm a damn fine 'method actor'.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
revolutionary, guru, and method actor.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Revolutionary for sure!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think everyone can see a bit of each of these things in themselves. I would consider myself somewhere between the Academic and the Guru with a little Method Actor thrown in. I aspire to be more of doer so the Guru in me is my way of promoting positive change in a low key way. I often feel socially awkward so I observe an environment before stepping into it. I probably was a False Guru when I was younger because I was more concerned about impressing people even when I had no clue what I was talking about.

All of these basically come down to good or bad intentions, or perhaps selfish or unselfish motivations. How do you use your gifts?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
108 Posts
2 cups of Revolutionary, 1 1/2 cup of Method Actor, 1/2 cup of Guru and 1/2 spoon of academic

I think that's how they made me.

Reactions: ertertwert

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
We could go through everyone on the forum... I'd wager that no one on here would consider themselves to be any less than a manifestation of three of those types.

I think of these types as the "Personas of the INFJ" (Masks).

I know I've worn the Persona of a good number of these types throughout my life. A more interesting question is what prompts each Persona.

When does an INFJ go cobra?

When an INFJ's family, friends, or self is threatened by someone who cannot be talked from destruction?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
We could go through everyone on the forum... I'd wager that no one on here would consider themselves to be any less than a manifestation of three of those types.

I think of these types as the "Personas of the INFJ" (Masks).

I know I've worn the Persona of a good number of these types throughout my life. A more interesting question is what prompts each Persona.

When does an INFJ go cobra?

When an INFJ's family, friends, or self is threatened by someone who cannot be talked from destruction?
Interesting, it reminds me of some times in the past where I had to interact with someone I wasn't so comfortable with (or an entire group I wasn't comfortable with). I found myself talking about things and thinking a certain way to fit in. I did fit in, when I hung out with them. They considered me part of the group (at least until I acted otherwise). But afterwards I found myself saying, wait, what was that all about? Who the hell was that?? That wasn't me, or was it? Did this in college a lot. crazy person huh?:tongue:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Interesting, it reminds me of some times in the past where I had to interact with someone I wasn't so comfortable with (or an entire group I wasn't comfortable with). I found myself talking about things and thinking a certain way to fit in. I did fit in, when I hung out with them. They considered me part of the group (at least until I acted otherwise). But afterwards I found myself saying, wait, what was that all about? Who the hell was that?? That wasn't me, or was it? Did this in college a lot. crazy person huh?:tongue:
Sometimes it's appropriate to approach a situation from a different perspective.

And that's not saying that this "Different perspective" can't just be another aspect of your original personality. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
A relate to a little of all of them. I'm The Revolutionary. I really like how they explained The Cobra and A little of the Method Actor and maybe a spice of The Guru.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I tend to play out each. I can't tell whether I am a 'Guru' or a 'False Guru' though.

Of note, I am especially good at the Cobra/Gypsy King routine.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
academic mostly
a bit of methods actor
and I can recall doing cobra a few times

guru is something INFJs turn into past the middle age - I don't think you can be one when you're in your 20s/30s cuz at that point you haven't seen enough of life yet

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
guru is something INFJs turn into past the middle age - I don't think you can be one when you're in your 20s/30s cuz at that point you haven't seen enough of life yet
You may be right, but INFJ do tend to be wise past our years... If not from our own life experience then by seeing the flaws in others. This is where I've gained my 'wisdom' from, anyway.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
academic mostly
a bit of methods actor
and I can recall doing cobra a few times

You always say stuff like that but different people develop differently. I saw the overall picture a while ago have shown it to various people at different times and my view of it has not changed. I am now diving into the details in certain areas of interest so I can transform them from vision to external world.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts