• INFP

Votes: 9 20.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title is pretty self-explanatory. I think lots of different types can make good pet owners, but I would have to pick INFJ. I think introverts would be at home more often to give their pets attention, intuitives would be more in touch with how their pet is feeling, feelers would have more of an emotional connection with their pet, and judgers would make sure their pet's needs are always taken care of.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Either an INFJ or an ENFP. INFJ for the reasons you stated. An ENFP would be more likely to take the dog to a dog park or otherwise socialize it. From what I've seen, a social dog is a happy dog. The N and F reasons remain the same, and a P would always make sure their furry friend was happy- this includes meeting it's basic needs because a sick, hungry, or uncared for animal is not very happy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I voted INTJ because we don't have any friends, so we can devote a great deal of our time to looking after a pet. I also actively enjoy having a subservient creature in close proximity to me at all times, it makes me feel important and powerful. Aside from this, despite my cold detachment, I too enjoy a *squee*, perhaps more frequently than I should, and having a fluffy animal around allows me to fulfill said squee quota.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think J possibly SJ.

They're the most consistent and responsible.

Probably IXFJ cares the most for their pets. They're the stereotypical "cat woman".

Personally the best I've known in real life is ISTJ.

In general probably ISFJs.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I think it depends on the pet. For example, I read an article a while back that says people who like dogs are more likely to be extroverts while people who prefer cats are more likely to be introverts. Which kind of makes sense considering how dogs tend to require more interaction.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,428 Posts
My boyfriend was a dedicated INTJ DOG owner, beat that. Pitbull. He loved that dog like his child lol.

l'd say dog owners in general have to a bit more committed to the animal, introverts go for cats more often. l've never had a pet :blushed:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'm not sure but looking at my mother who is INFJ I would say her type is the most compatible to take care of an animal. It's something about how she handles them - she love them but in the same time she can see when it's time to set a border if pet is naughty. In the end she always rise a healthy and happy animal who can behave itself.

I will have to investigate a little bit more though before I settle with INFJ as The Master of Pets.

·
Banned
944 Posts
If you get a pet you should definitely read at least one good book on its proper care before you get it. Also be prepared in advance for sickness. Have emergency medical supplies & equipment on hand and a savings fund for vet bills. Also know the location of a good vet in advance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm an INTP and I spoil my cats like a drunkard spoils a wedding. High quality food, constant cuddles and brushings, etc.

I don't qualify as a "pet owner", though. They're roommates, not pets! *shakes fist angrily*

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think it depends on the pet. For example, I read an article a while back that says people who like dogs are more likely to be extroverts while people who prefer cats are more likely to be introverts. Which kind of makes sense considering how dogs tend to require more interaction.
I like cats more than dogs and I'm an extrovert. But that's because I like to get a cat excited over a dog since dogs are already excited by the time you walk in the door. :p

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,255 Posts
I'm surprised that my instant initial thought (ISFJ) ended up being the most popular.

Sorry N's.

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
I also agree that extroverts go for dogs and introverts go for cats.

For a dog, ExTP is the best, because they will train them to do the coolest things.
For cats, probably any introvert. Cats just like to be left alone mostly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.