Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say the sensing types give me the most trouble. I'm fine with feelers because I can conceptualize what they're feeling and understand them better, but I have a tough time with sensors. I think it's because I'm intuitive and sensors don't deal in ideas, so it's hard for me to communicate with them--even with body language!

For me, dealing with a tough sensor is like trying to reason with a steamroller to not roll over me.

What about you guys?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
ESTJ has probably been the type I clash the most with. Both Te and Si are probably my worst developed functions, so we very rarely see eye to eye, or can even understand each others point of view.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
ESTJs fo sho. Damn nay sayers. hard ass'. take a chill pill. STJs in general.

I can get along with pretty much any P, as long as they aren't annoying.
And many Js, as long they're not too high on their high horse

·
Registered
97 Posts
SJ types. I'm trying to think of someone I know well who's SJ and I can't think of one. Isn't that one of the more common types? I guess I just have a tendency to be very picky in the company I'm keeping and auto sort through people to find NT/NF types.

I have and INFJ friend, and he drives me insane though. He'll come to the right conclusion about something, but then chose the opposite course of action and it's infuriating. Still a pretty good friend though as long as we're not talking about life problems and stuff.

Reactions: SalvinaZerelda

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
ESFJs, ISFJs or INFJs. It seems like it'd be a Fe issue, but of the few ENFJs I've known, they seemed great. (Although wouldn't they, being the cult leader type. :tongue:)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
ESTJ's would be a bitch to fight, can be very dogmatic and vigilant, ESFJ's are problem but once hurt their "feelings" they shut down but then will launch a decent indirect aggressive counter attack you have to prepare for. ISTJ's will back off and leave you alone at some point, but can be persistent and easily angered bug. No experience with ISFJ's, Main types I fight with are ISTJ and ESFJ, and that's because they're my parents. I get along with nearly everyone from what I can tell. other ENTP's and ESTJ's can be annoying at times.

·
Banned
359 Posts
God;701413 said:
but of the few ENFJs I've known, they seemed great. (Although wouldn't they, being the cult leader type. :tongue:)
Oh! really !

The one i came across, termed me as antisocial for nothing.
Although initially we got along great.

·
Banned
359 Posts
I cant categorize the type and the one gives the most trouble.

But i would say traits. Troubled me.

------------
1. Being over sensitive and labeling someone as lacking morals. For different reasons. despite the person is completely fine.

2. Being overtly demanding, terming someone as antisocial, just because he's not interested in the stuff you do Or because he doesnt always show the proof of relationship.

3. Discipline annoys me. We have our brains no need, you can simply explain us the thing properly.

4. Making us do things we are not interested.
-------------

The first one troubled me the most since childhood, to the extent that, if i see it coming that marks the end of the relationship.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Actually, in real life I've only met a few ENTPs and really didn't care for them. :dry:

Also, probably ESFJs.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I agree with alfreda and the many here who said SFJs. I had a roommate once who was ESFJ. I just thought she was incredibly unthinking, unreasonable, shallow, pushy, selfish and emotionally fragile. And the desperate need to be "normal" is so repulsive I just couldn't deal with her at all sometimes. It was like the most important things in life are normalcy, being pretty, having money (precisely, marrying/dating a man with money), being liked by other people, and being normal.

And to further illustrate the point, I would occasionally engage her on questions like "Who the fuck cares what those people think about you?" or "What do I care about being normal?" And I would go about discussing these things with her in as civil and rational a manner as I could, but she would react as if the idea of justifying these things was absurd, its like, of course everyone wants to be liked by everyone else, even random strangers, and of course its important to be normal, no explanation is required. And when I tried to supply some reasoning to explain why I don't care what other people think, she would look at me like I had 3 heads and get offended about the most innocuous comment. And after knowing her for years, I came to realize it simply never occurred to her once in her life to think "Why do I need strangers to like my outfit?" Her head was filled with celebrity gossip and insecurity about her weight, and ways to convince her boyfriend to buy her clothes, and many related horrors.

·
Registered
733 Posts
ESTJ for sure. Female ESTJs seem to like me for some reason but even they get on my nerves a lot. I can get along with all the other types despite our differences.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I'd say extraverted judgers ExxJ are most difficult to deal with because their judging function is their dominant one and it is aimed right at the world and people around them. So they spend a lot of time exercising it and it can get tiresome. Us introverted judgers spend less time flexing our judgement function - more time goes towards our introverted dominant one. Depends on the person though as I've met ExxJs who really rubbed me the wrong way and some who were great to get along with. I am more likely to conflict with ExFJs because we spend time judging same things as per our common Fe but can arrive at different conclusions, while with ExTJs I feel like they are filling in my blind spot with their Te - it is intriguing rather than irksome.

Si can get tiresome as I always get a sense that I need to put in a lot of effort to try to move it onto something new. Surprisingly enough sometimes I can get into conflicts with ENxPs over this as the inferior Si does sometimes make an appearance and they can be very stubborn about sticking to it. So I guess I can be overly sensitive to Si.

Sensor feelers, xSFx - their expression of emotion to me feels stronger, more erratic and irrational, more difficult to deal with. I get a perception that their emotions often get generated without much reference to some other factors - hey, may be it is a pattern that this girl is mistreating you, may be you shouldn't get upset about it every single week.

MBTI type of person however is never a good predictor of how I will get along with him or her, more depends on their individual personality. I've typed a couple dozen different people in my life by now and can really see how individual differences come into play here.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Depends on the circumstances. One on one, ISTPs and INTPs for sure. Wish they'd loosen up, INTPs especially. It's like they can't trust you until they've decided where you fit into their universe, but their standards are usually hazy at best.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts