Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in general, obviously each person is different and can improve parts of themselves. But if you had to pick on type which would it be?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I heard ESTJ and ENTJ make the best liars. Anyone want to confirm?

I know from personal experience that ESTJs make exceptional marksmen / snipers. However, spywork is probably much more than that.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Undercover? ESTJ. Stealth? INTJ. Hacker? INTP. Sabotage/guns blazing? ESTP.

For everything else, there's ENTP.

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
I heard ESTJ and ENTJ make the best liars. Anyone want to confirm?
My sister's an ESTJ, and she's an awful liar. Probably because she doesn't do it very often, because lying is a big deal to her and she holds herself to really high standards. When she does lie, she acts really guilty, and if she's questioned then she'll confess right away.

Not necessarily true for all ESTJ's, it's just that my sister has a really strict view of right and wrong. I don't know how good a liar a different ESTJ might be, though.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'd nominate ISTP for stealth.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Spy as in double-oh-spy? Or spy as in the kind of guy that has access to valuable information and is relatively easy to corrupt or blackmail?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got to go with entp on this one.

The extraverted-ness to smooth-talk people, the intuition that keeps the mind sharp when it needs to be, the thinking because you're going to have to be pretty clever for that sort of thing and the perceiving, because you can't be too picky about where you hide the bodies!

Seems right to me, but I haven't put much thought into this.

·
Read Only
795 Posts
ISTPs seem most interested in the notion. They may not have the social aptitude for it though. This leads me to ENTPs. Social skills with screwed up intentions make for a very good spy (or sociopath. We'll talk about that on another thread.) I think INTPs or INTJs could also do well as spies. We already don't want to be seen, why not make a career out of it?

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
INTP or ENTP. Both clever, quick, good with gut feelings. Both can be social chameleons.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
My theoretical mega team of spies:

ESFP: because we need keen powers of observation right? And adaptation? And getting a sense of the flow of things, finding out all the things an area has to offer? Talking it up with everyone to get all the information we need? This one definitely needs to be our lead spy. Only problem is that this team member sometimes draws the wrong conclusions of things and gets carried away. This is where the next type comes in....

ENTP: Because we need someone both intuitive and direct enough to ask the ESFP "Are you sure that what you're seeing is really what's going on?" With a general enough picture from the ESFP the ENTP can then get at the the missing information, step..... and chase that down to where it leads. This was going all great until the ENTP abandoned the mission before they were even able to catch the perp., and went on to broadening the approach and utilities of the entire organization (and would've gotten away with it to, if it weren't for.....)

ESTJ: gets everyone back to solving the problem at hand, and does this by making sure the ESFP and ENTP are always challenged, ever pushing their mental limits. Crunches some of the data him/herself, and solves a very crucial problem in the case. But with these three, things begin to get too broad, not enough substance, especially with the ESTJ ever moving forward, losing proper discriminance and may be getting on the wrong track by not taking other individual takes properly into deep enough consideration.

INFJ: I could hire many introverts for this task, but going with INFJ just because, well, he/she happened to have an insight that the ENTP wanted to further investigate, and so stuck (er, snuck) the INFJ in the team. This ended up being a good move, not only because the insight eventually led to solving the case, but also the INFJ got to the bottom of the whole spy organization, talked to us individually, and collaborated with the ESTJ to put us all on the right track for the next case. Not that we could've started with this new member, the ESFP kept having to correct the INFJ on the most essential of information.

(Someone can continue with the next 12 types if they'd like, I don't have the patience to :tongue: )

Reactions: somecheese

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I would design a spy team that would look something like this...

ESTJ - The head of the group, acting as a task master and information organizer.

ISTJ and ISFJ - Quiet, observant, thorough, and generally good at blending in - perfect collectors of information.

ISTP - Stealth and bravery to take on potentially dangerous physical tasks. Think Mission Impossible.

INTP, ENTP, and INTJ - The code crackers and techie geniouses.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Covert: ExTP, the smooth-talking skills mentioned above are of incalculable importance to the mission
Clandestine: INTJ or maybe ISTP, though I'd go with former since he has more Ni to keep his cloaking active while directing his efforts elsewhere

1 - 20 of 34 Posts