Personality Cafe banner

Which personality type would you want your significant other to possess?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
INFP - They're cool if they can explain their feelings to us.
INTP - I like deep conversations, but it could get annoying... meh.
INTJ - We could plan for world domination together
ENFP - Almost the same as INFPs, except they rely more on intuition and have thinking as a tertiary function.
ENTP - The same reason as INTP

I didn't pick any sensory types because all the sensory types I know care nothing for anything deep, and that would bother me. I didn't pick any FJ's because their extroverted feelings would clash with my extroverted thinking, and I didn't pick ENTJ's because they're bossy. :mellow:

Anyway, I could be wrong about all of these. You never know until you meet the right person. :happy:

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
ISTP....................we're just that awesome.

Reactions: vanWinchester

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Any type would work, although I'd probably shy away from the ESTJs and ESTPs at first. I think I can adapt pretty well to people's personalities which often makes me contemplate what type I am because I have so many different personalities.

Reactions: vanWinchester

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
She is INTJ, I am INTJ.. Oh yeah baby, we have biochemical impulses for one another. :laughing:

Other options put down;
INFJ - Fellow Ni is highly advantageous. Fe would be a drawback.
ENTP - Ne dominant extraverts that are mentally physically and sexually stimulating
ENFP - Amicable, crazy, good sexual partners.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Are you planning on sleeping with your child?

Just Wondering.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
:) I know, but you love it.

Think about it though. Now you're going to produce a ENTP female, and know that she's wild in bed. How are you going to feel when she's 15 and out fucking? You brought this upon yourself.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
:) I know, but you love it.

Think about it though. Now you're going to produce a ENTP female, and know that she's wild in bed. How are you going to feel when she's 15 and out fucking? You brought this upon yourself.
I have a son.. And his personality type is not definite.. I would be more cautious of an ENTP son than I would an ENTP daughter.. An ENTP daughter would at least have the consciensiousness to not get pregnant, as it impedes her own future. Or have I got a poor impression of ENTP females?

I do not want to be a grandfather uneccessarily soon.. I am already a father unecessarily soon.

P.S. It would be hypocritical of me to object to my progeny having sex at 15.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Oh those sensors never get any love on the internet. The lowest of the Ns is higher than any S. Poor sensies.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I also feel essentially the same as Res expressed himself here... I'd actually voted for ENTPs, both ENFs, and both INTs however... The strange thing is I don't really have any pragmatic references regarding female versions of those T types aside from some I've met on forums probably, but based off some relationships I've had with males of those types I don't think the gender roles could dinstinguish them so much that I couldn't have great relationships with females of those types too.

I was on the fence about including either INF type, but ultimately I think things would actually get boring with another INFJ or an INFP... Regarding the former though I think there'd be no conflit, but as most likely we'd have the same views on what to do and when, on more important things such as social issues, and even basic socialization there would just be no dynamism which would just lead to dullness... For whatever reason I'm just generally not attracted to INFPs.

I also tend to attract a lot of ESFPs, and am at least physically and basically attracted to ESFJs (though ultimately I did not choose the latter regarding types I'd want for relationships, as I don't think most could put up with my eccentricities for too long). Regarding the former point, and your pseudo-anecdote regarding your dealings with ESFPs Res, (and referencing all the INFJ males here reasonably anyway) do you find that a lot become attracted to you? I would believe it's because of the sensitivity INFJs can project while not sacrificing that for intelligence; those that I've actually become close to are actually attracted to intelligence despite the usually limited intelligence that characterizes them... Maybe subconsciously they want something complementary from men hence their attraction TO ME at the very least, I don't know...

To reference why I agreed with Res though, the most important thing to consider is that there is almost always an exception to any rule, and some rarites of any type you certainly couldn't see yourself doing well romantically with probably exist, and thusly it's important to keep an objective and open-mind regarding anyone you meet (as I say this after I'm so critical of ESFP desires; yeah I guess I'm just an asshole hypocrite :p).
I think it's safe to say of all the personality types I feel most at ease with, the INFP personality type is the first to come to mind. All of my close friends are INFPs, which says something to me. But you brought up an interesting point about things getting boring, should I pursue an INFP romantically. I think on a basic level that is true, in that we'd already share three key components in personality. However, I will have to half disagree with you. While I grasp the same introverted, intuitive & feeling nature as them, I don't think that can even begin to resonate with what opinions can be exchanged with them. One of the reasons my INFP male best friend is my best friend is because though we can relate almost perfectly in our approach to situations and people in general, his opinion on religion and politics (etc) contrast with mine quite a bit. But it's different talking with him than any other type. If we disagree on something, we can just laugh at each other and have fun; it's difficult to explain; I just know he knows where I'm coming from, and at the end of our so-called "debate", we end up going off on some off-the-wall tangent about the topic which would never happen. It's relaxing nonetheless to know one can appeal to you on that basic level, still exhibit different opinions, and not get you worked up. INFPs just share that compassionate glow with me.

Regarding ESFPs, to be honest, I never went so far as to narrow down which select few characteristics it is about my personality that draws them into me and vice versa. The driving force behind my reasoning is that when I'm talking to a person who I intuitively know is an ESFP, I get feelings of grandeur because their S is so apparent and fun to poke at, while my N is incredibly strong. It's fun throwing a metaphor their way because of how they react to it. Like, if I could compare it to a cliche example, watching our conversation progress is like watching your son move from training wheels to no training wheels. Given my generally expressive nature, keen in my use of words, the initial first five minutes of the talk are always the most awkward yet the most exciting, because we come from such different viewpoints. Once I explain my viewpoint, the ESFP will look at things from a perspective I haven't considered which is helpful for me more or less because seeking new knowledge and understanding other people's perceptions on life are important to me. That could be the main reason, different in perception versus my flirty way of being socially awkward yet proud of it at the same time.

Any type would work, although I'd probably shy away from the ESTJs and ESTPs at first. I think I can adapt pretty well to people's personalities which often makes me contemplate what type I am because I have so many different personalities.
I don't think you should figure your open armed, sincere, and empathetic nature in your personality as you exhibiting so many different personalities. I think I relate to you on a lot of ways, including the ones mentioned above and many others not mentioned, and can see the INFP in you. I've noticed a general perception in INFs as having an overall hand reaching for acceptance and love for human beings. The sensitivity we INFs derive from making sure our fellow man is not harmed is very important to us. That, along with an appeal to virtue and to contribute something to the greater good, make us out as people always there to lend a hand, etc. I wouldn't mistake always being able to adapt to people a flaw in not being able to discover your personality type. To me, it just clearly points an arrow which type you are.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think it's safe to say of all the personality types I feel most at ease with, the INFP personality type is the first to come to mind. All of my close friends are INFPs, which says something to me. But you brought up an interesting point about things getting boring, should I pursue an INFP romantically. I think on a basic level that is true, in that we'd already share three key components in personality. However, I will have to half disagree with you. While I grasp the same introverted, intuitive & feeling nature as them, I don't think that can even begin to resonate with what opinions can be exchanged with them. One of the reasons my INFP male best friend is my best friend is because though we can relate almost perfectly in our approach to situations and people in general, his opinion on religion and politics (etc) contrast with mine quite a bit. But it's different talking with him than any other type. If we disagree on something, we can just laugh at each other and have fun; it's difficult to explain; I just know he knows where I'm coming from, and at the end of our so-called "debate", we end up going off on some off-the-wall tangent about the topic which would never happen. It's relaxing nonetheless to know one can appeal to you on that basic level, still exhibit different opinions, and not get you worked up. INFPs just share that compassionate glow with me.

Regarding ESFPs, to be honest, I never went so far as to narrow down which select few characteristics it is about my personality that draws them into me and vice versa. The driving force behind my reasoning is that when I'm talking to a person who I intuitively know is an ESFP, I get feelings of grandeur because their S is so apparent and fun to poke at, while my N is incredibly strong. It's fun throwing a metaphor their way because of how they react to it. Like, if I could compare it to a cliche example, watching our conversation progress is like watching your son move from training wheels to no training wheels. Given my generally expressive nature, keen in my use of words, the initial first five minutes of the talk are always the most awkward yet the most exciting, because we come from such different viewpoints. Once I explain my viewpoint, the ESFP will look at things from a perspective I haven't considered which is helpful for me more or less because seeking new knowledge and understanding other people's perceptions on life are important to me. That could be the main reason, different in perception versus my flirty way of being socially awkward yet proud of it at the same time.
It's interesting that you'd mentioned that your best friend is INFP, as my best friend is actually INTJ... I actually thought that was more conventional because of the sharing Ni as the dominant function too... I should actually mention I've been somewhat ambiguous about my type, though for awhile that ambiguity was actually involved with me not sure which INF type I am. Nowadays it's rather ambiguous as to whether or not I might be INTJ (of course that making more sense regarding functionlogy too). My ENTP friend had said that chatting with the other day had him have the thought that I was actually INTJ, and he'd rationalized this as some people just being hard to type (using his dad as a reference). Do you find you relate well to INTJs despite an INFP being your best friend?

Again, I think your sentiments regarding ESFPs seem to reasonably match my experiences too.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
It's interesting that you'd mentioned that your best friend is INFP, as my best friend is actually INTJ... I actually thought that was more conventional because of the sharing Ni as the dominant function too... I should actually mention I've been somewhat ambiguous about my type, though for awhile that ambiguity was actually involved with me not sure which INF type I am. Nowadays it's rather ambiguous as to whether or not I might be INTJ (of course that making more sense regarding functionlogy too). My ENTP friend had said that chatting with the other day had him have the thought that I was actually INTJ, and he'd rationalized this as some people just being hard to type (using his dad as a reference). Do you find you relate well to INTJs despite an INFP being your best friend?

Again, I think your sentiments regarding ESFPs seem to reasonably match my experiences too.
Before I dive into your question, I feel like I should address your T/F stalemate. I think, coming from a fellow INFJ male, I think if I were to drop one of my letters it would most-likely result in my F becoming a T instead of my J becoming a P simply because T is a more common characteristic in men than is gaining a P. Also, like you said, INTJs dominant function is Introverted Intuition, so the evidence does seem to be in the favor of you leaning towards INTJ than INFP, where an INFPs dominant function, Fi, is not even listed under the standard INFJ functions. However, I'd like to make something known which has affected me by personal experience, but I was able to see it for what it is and cope.

I think it's important to take a step back from outside influences and really examine for yourself where you feel more at ease in regards to your decision-making function, T/F. I, for one, even after knowing my type, began to notice T tendencies in myself a lot more often when I continually spoke and interacted with T types on a regular basis. Hanging out with them only felt like a problem when I started accepting how they made decisions, T - logically, etc, and then implemented it into my own system. Situations would arise where I would make decisions typical of a T because I got so used to hanging around T types that it became part of my persona, even though I've acknowledged for myself that I'm a Feeler at heart. So please don't take this as me telling you to stop hanging out with them; all I'm saying is to use caution when in the wake of peer pressure, etc. They'll want you to behave custom to ways most at ease for them. But as your friends, I think they should respect your decision to disagree, et cetera in the wake of being a Feeler.

As for your question, I find that I relate well more to INTJ women than to INTJ men. I'll be outright and say I can't say for the life of me that there were very many if any INTJ males I got along well with on a consistent basis, internet and real life. INTJ women, however, fit the bill for me definitely. I'd say their type is the one of the four I would add to the personality types I'm interested in for compatibility. It could be for any number of reasons; I just click with them and don't have a hard time expressing myself without having to compromise my ideals or be something I'm not. And I like those kind of people, INTJ female or not.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Please don't tell me the 19 people voted ENFP did so because the internet says they are good in bed >.>

pervs. =P

Reactions: JimmyCodes

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Please don't tell me the 19 people voted ENFP did so because the internet says they are good in bed >.>

pervs. =P
Want me to give you the sympathy vote by being the third person to vote for ISTJ? :laughing:

EDIT - so would that mean ISTJs are the worst in bed? I have a feeling I'm going to get hater messages all day on my visitor messages for that comment <.<

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Want me to give you the sympathy vote by being the third person to vote for ISTJ? :laughing:

EDIT - so would that mean ISTJs are the worst in bed? I have a feeling I'm going to get hater messages all day on my visitor messages for that comment <.<
Well I can tell you the ISTJ I had sex with was better than the ENFP I had sex with :)

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
I'm offended :shocked:
and you seem to be living in dream world today :) Besides if you are going to fake a type you should have picked an ESTP

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I'm not going to vote, since my current wonderful boyfriend (the one I met because of this site) is of a type I would have considered an improbable match. I would have thought INFP for sure, or maybe INFJ, but certainly not an INTP! :proud: Shows what I knew.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.