Personality Cafe banner

Which personality type would you want your significant other to possess?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Need and E to get me out of my shell. An N for abstract converstation. An F to make me think about others. And a J to make decisions for me and keep me on schedule. :)

An ENFJ.

Is that a "cold" way to pick someone?:crazy:

·
Premium Member
15,100 Posts
I think my husband is a Duty Filler ISTJ. ??? I think... I wrote it down in the back of the book Please Understand Me but I'm not sure where that book is. He's the type that absolutely loves to have tasks to complete. He loves "lists" and things to do. Thank God he's an introvert that's all I gotta say.

I loves me The Introverts.

·
Banned
3,764 Posts
I don't like to exclude anyone because there are positive attributes of every type that I am attracted to; it just depends on the individual. I might initially be attracted to extroverted types, primarily feelers; but I don't like the flaky, indecisive, uncommitted vibe that I get from a lot of ENF*s. I'm sure they are great in bed, but I'm wary of pursuing anything long-term or exclusive with them (from experience) so don't take it personally. I think values are more important than personality functions so, like I said, it really boils down to the individual person.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I will take any ExxJ i think...but i sorta agree with shadow....the whole enfX is pretty risky in my experience...not terribly stable. ENTJ would be kinda nice...i could show them quite a bit too. ESTJ i know i could handle. INTP is my girlfriend...and i love her. INFP would be interesting....guess i just love my self :p (just kidding....obviously i dont love myself TOO much....since im infp)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have noticed that I have more in common with ENTP's and ENTJ's overall. In addition,they can take my sarcasm,need for independence,intellectual stimulation,etc.Good times...good times.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would probably choose someone either with 'N' or 'T', not necessarily both. 'E' Would be nice, too.

ESFP would be good, just for the fun factor. A nurturer would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I voted for INTP, INTJ, or ENTP. I find them pleasant enough, and as far as I can tell, most of them seem to have some degree of intelligence, which is something that I require in just about any relationship if I don't want to go crazy after talking to them for ten minutes. I could see a relationship with an ISTP, INFJ, or maybe an ISFP or ISTJ working out, though I would prefer to avoid S and F types if possible. ENTJs might work if they weren't, as far as I can see, excessively domineering.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm married to an ENTP. That seems to work pretty well. In general, I think NT relationships work best for me. I think E could be better than I, since we could each bring each other into balance, ideally. I wouldn't want to be with another F. I'm right on the border of F and T, and in fact, when I took the MBTI II, although I came out as INFJ, I had out-of-function preferences on four of the five F/T measures. A hardcore F might be too high maintenance for me, and probably would have a hard time helping me exercise my argumentation muscles. A strong N function would be a necessity. So, ENTP or INTJ, since I'd probaby do best with a T that has either a dominant extraverted intuition or introverted intuition.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
INTP and she IS INTP! ♥♥♥ :happy:

Why? I like a girl that can stand independent and challenge me! I don't want a trophy girl that just looks pretty and does not engage my mind. Intelligence is beauty! :proud:

I'd love a nerdy girl with a heart. an ENXJ is what I'm after.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I've been with an INTP for five years, and it's a delight!

NT types were always my preference. S types find me too spacey, and other NFs make emotion too overwhelming (one INFP guy had a big crush on me in my mid-late teens, but we eventually exhausted each other emotionally).

·
Registered
599 Posts
INFP: The boyfriend I was most compatible with seemed to be INFP, and I wouldn't object to dating another like him. I felt that we balanced each other out in some ways, while having other important things in common (such as empathy and passion that often come with the F characteristic). *nods*

ISFJ: My mother is an ISFJ, and I think she's a fantastic person. For the most part, we get along great, but there could be an issue of me being overly controlling if I were with such a passive type of person (although, my mom is probably more passive than other ISFJs, or anyone, really). But yeah, I definitely would consider a relationship with that type of personality.

ISFP: I love artistic people, and they seem to be rather sensitive and read people well, which is good.

I think I apparently need an introvert to balance me out and an F to complement me. :p

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.