Personality Cafe banner

Which personality types has had the greatest influence in your life?

• ISTJ

Votes: 86 9.4%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 75 8.2%
  • ESFP

Votes: 57 6.2%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 58 6.3%
  • ISTP

Votes: 40 4.4%
  • ISFP

Votes: 54 5.9%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 42 4.6%
  • ESTP

Votes: 38 4.2%
  • INTJ

Votes: 183 20.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 143 15.6%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 64 7.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 108 11.8%
  • INFJ

Votes: 159 17.4%
  • INFP

Votes: 170 18.6%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 94 10.3%
  • ENFP

Votes: 222 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's actually a really long, boring story for some, but because of prior promises made to her (20 years ago--and I've not broken that promise in 20 years), I haven't gone back into her life but once when I wrote her an email (I couldn't promise her 20 years ago not to write an email as there really wasn't "email" as we know it today... It's the only way I could establish a caveat). The email was just a friendly hello, but her response was ALL out of proportion with the letter I sent, so much so it fit perfectly with Shakespeares "milady me thinks thou doth protest too much." So, I've avoided writing again. I'm pretty certain I let her know sufficiently how AMAZING! I thought she was when she did those things for me. I also believe I feel her think about me even today (and of course INTJs will tell me I don't--they're wrong of course, just as a blind man is wrong when he says to a man with perfectly good eyes "there's no way you can see if the sun is up").

I really wish this were one of those "go after her now!" "Let her know" romance stories that end well, but this one wouldn't. She ended up marrying a controlling, abusive man 10 years her elder who makes her feel as though she's incredibly stupid. AFter all, he tells her all the time. He punishes her STILL because originally, when he was married to his first wife and just had Janice on the side, I pointed out how badly he was treating her, and showed her just how well SHE deserved to be treated. He had money, as I was in process of getting divorced, then was recently divorced, and just freshly moved to NY, I didn't have a new job, hence no money. She was deathly afraid of being poor (she was divorced from a man who used to sit at home and watched TV while she worked), so she opted for money over love, and has earned every cent. I wish I could rescue her more than I could express, but she won't have me. She made that very clear .

·
Registered
152 Posts
I must admit, it is great to see that we INTJ's have such an influence on people even though most of the time it doesn't feel like people are really paying to much attention.
Hey, my father and brother are both INTJs and they did have an IMMENSE influence on my life. They taught me exactly how NOT to act if I liked having people around me who liked me and respected me. They taught me if someone acts like they did, they will die alone and friendless (my father did die alone and friendless, with zero visitors to his bedside, not his kids, not his ex-wife, not either of his sisters, and none of his nieces or nephews... alone. He cared only about himself. He generally left others alone, so they did the same). My brother is on the same path. He's alienated every family member. He has no personal friends. He doesn't go out at night. He's never been on a single date--ever--and he's 47. Now, these two were incredible influences on me as I knew I wanted to be absolutely NOTHING like them... EVER! However, I took the poll to mean who had the most POSITIVE influence on my life. If you took out the "Positive," the INTJ might be my choice as well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
ISTP: My high school biology teacher who was a role model of mine.
ENTP?: My ex, even though our relationship didn't work out I still learned a lot from her and she made me realize some things I needed to change in my life. Not sure about her type though but I'm guessing ENTP.

I'd put down my mom and some of my friends but I'm not sure what type they are.

·
Registered
204 Posts
hmmm... the greatest influence in my life (though NOT a good influence, merely the greatest) is my brother, INTJ... and then my best friend is INFP, just like me, and he's definitely second (and a good one! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Before I met a most magnificent INFJ I internalized my emotions and was alone in the sense that there was no one individual I knew who understood me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
@less than three, I've had 2 ENFJ GFs in my life, both were LTRs (my definition being 1 year of monogamy or longer), with the first of the two teaching me precisely just how, well, beyond amazing one person can treat another. Hang on to that ENFJ BF. As I think you'll notice if you hang around here for any length of time, ENFJs are pretty much "the treasure at the end of the rainbow" when it comes to mates, and they are FAR more rare than I expected, and there are roughly half as many male ENFJs as female. If he's a true ENFJ, he's a keeper. Welcome!

Reactions: avatarphen

·
Registered
33 Posts
My father is an ISTJ. I have extreme respect for him and he's done most of the job raising me. I'd say he's had the biggest influence on my life.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've known countless people in my life, I've never stopped searching and asking. Always in every time someone differently has amazed me, most often by me only learning about his or her personality. Never tho has someone impacted me like my infp girlfriend had. She thinks like me and her life experience equals my own. It's an honour for me to be at her side and I hope it will last forever

·
Registered
758 Posts
My ISFJ mother who really loved us through thick and thin.

My ISTJ brother-- who has helpled me grow in so many ways by being both harsh and kind, and allowing me to learn the 'why' of both over-time. The person who I learn a lot from simply by observing how he handles life's situations, and is willing to learn and grow with each challenge and experience.

My ENFP best friend-- who I feel most open with, and who never judge me, and accept me for who I am. The friend who inspires me to reach my dreams, reach heights unimaginable, to believe in myself, and to smile through life even if the going has been getting tough. They're pleasant.

My INTP friend-- always unveiling a newer and better perspective, which has influenced me greatly. Loyal.

My ENTJ ex who has leaved the biggest mark in my life... the person who I can never learn enough from! He has influenced me in so many ways, and I have definitely transformed in so many ways because of him.

My INTJ friend-- the person who challenges me positively. The one who pushed my boundaries. The one who teaches me new and intriguing things all the time. The friend that makes me smile, and inspires me.

My ESTP pals... both very positively and very negatively, but that's what makes it interesting. They're very accepting of me, and loyal too, even though I've not trusted them a lot of times. They help me to feel real and happy. And I learn so much from them, they can be wonderful inspiration in my life (the ones that I personally know).

I think that's it... well, the ones I remember for now. I could mention more from other personality types... gosh, come to think of it, anyone can influence you greatly! Umm... I forgot to mention negative influences... maybe I'll be back with it when I fall in a cynical mood :tongue:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hmmm. I could probably name a great number of people that have influenced my life in some way or other.
But as I don't know most of their types, annnnnd I don't have the patience to write a long post anyway--
I'll just list my friend (an INFJ) and my brother (an ESTP). :D

Simply put, my friend taught me how to embrace my introversion and flaunt who I am, while my brother was pretty much a BIG poster child on what NOT to do with my life. >___>;;

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ah, the love of one INTJ for another leads to many life-changing paths...bumpy, uncomfortable ones.
especially if you're riding a bicycle.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Percentages are wrong

Whereas I commend the attempt to change the poll to percentages instead of numbers, the math has to be wrong as it adds up to be MUCH greater than 100%. Heck, the NFs alone garner something like 70% as the numbers are now. As much as I'd like to think that's about right, it can't be right.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ah, the love of one INTJ for another leads to many life-changing paths...bumpy, uncomfortable ones.
especially if you're riding a bicycle.
Just noticing your scores and though obviously you do score out as an INTJ, you're EXTREMELY close to being an E and/or S. Were I giving you the test, I'd refer back to any of the questions regarding the E/I, S/N, and probably even the F/T to be sure things were exactly right. I generally believe (personal belief, opinion, please don't take this as me stating this is true for all people, etc...) people who score under 55% for any letter are close to Xs than the precise letter itself, making you, again, IMO, closer to an XXTJ (a rare animal indeed!) which probably either makes your road extremely bumpy with just about everyone, or just the opposite, makes it so you can pretty much see the different sides of lots of people (especially considering the T modifier, even though that's, what? all of ~9% away from being an F?).

I think your make-up is very interesting, (LOVED! the comic so much I stole it and put it up on my facebook page! :wink:) and I wondered if you've noticed it affecting your relationships at all, in any way?

Reactions: red_1038
121 - 140 of 155 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.